A new planet!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
That's sad. Xena? Heehee.

I remember reading in some astrology book I have that the next two planets are supposed to be Apollo or Vulcan (as someone else mentioned), then each star sign will each have it's own ruling planet(plus the moon and sun). So wouldn't that just be crazy if there is one more after this guy? Maybe those psychics/astrologers aren't so phony after all.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Well, I was about to say Elmo.

"Omg mom! Look at elmo!"

"Elmo is larger than Uranus."

Nice....

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
They should name it Hephaestus, because I want to be cruel to the poor children who have to memorize the planets (and their spelling.) *ebil smiley* Except that wouldn't work with the Roman god pattern.

Ooh, or Bacchus.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Hahaha.. I never knew if it was, your-anus or your-in-is. Teachers always changed it on me.

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
Ernie101 said:
Hahaha.. I never knew if it was, your-anus or your-in-is. Teachers always changed it on me.
We always called in your-anus, then they switched it to your-in-is (which I didn't think sounded much more polite) when I was in about tenth grade, then in mythology class, we used the spelling Ouranos. I liked that... but that was for the god, not the planet.

luvtosr

Reaction score
HeraLirambar said:
They should name it Hephaestus, because I want to be cruel to the poor children who have to memorize the planets (and their spelling.) *ebil smiley* Except that wouldn't work with the Roman god pattern.

Ooh, or Bacchus.
Well, strictly speaking Bacchus originated from the Greeks, though the Romans adopted him (I wonder why...)

If you want to mean about spelling how about the minor god Aeternitas (pronounced Eternitas)?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
The Romans adopted all the gods and made them their own. I guess it made them feel special.

unclematt

Reaction score
I am not as smart as all you guys. i dont know about any of this stuff.