I need some help here, maybe I'm a bad host.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As a lot of you know by now, I have a website dedicated to Kathy Greenwood (The Kathy Greenwood Zone). About a month ago, I started a new message forum by suggestion, and the fact that most websites these days have a message board on them. Anyway, the forum has been up for about month now, and I only have 2 members! I'm tired of everyday seeing "1 member, _ Guests", and then seeing "1 member, 0 Guests". I know Kathy has plenty of fans out there, my site is being relisted on search engines, and I've even spread the word of my new forum. Could it be that I'm a bad host? Or do I not have enough to offer on my forum? Or do people just not like Whose Line, or Kathy anymore?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
1st of all i don't know why you're suggesting that you're a bad host. why would you think that? 2nd of all it's only been a month as you said. last, some groups, including many yahoo groups I know of that aren't all that busy. I don't know why but that's just the way it is sometimes.

That Announcer

Reaction score
No, I don't think it's any of that; I'm not sure why you've only got two guys there. It's mystified me, as it's a good forum, and surely there a LOT of people interested in Whose Line! Maybe they just like to argue over at the IMDb. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
1st of all i don't know why you're suggesting that you're a bad host. why would you think that? 2nd of all it's only been a month as you said. last, some groups, including many yahoo groups I know of that aren't all that busy. I don't know why but that's just the way it is sometimes.
Well, the only place where I have friends is here and The Rio Grande. (Thanks TA!)

MrsPepper

Reaction score
If you want my advice, make sure you take it as constructive criticism to improve your site, okay?

...It looks rather amaterish. I mean, you have lots of info, ande it's organised well, that's all great. The actual site content is awesome.But the site layout could use alot of work. If it's simple, clean, easy-to-navigate, that's great. If you could have your links across the top, or at a list on the left, that would make it alot more professional looking, as I have to scroll down to find your links, and everything is centered, which appears to the common surfer that you either don't know how to code/design or you're not trying (like you're just using a pagebuilder or something.

I <3 you, I really do, but from my experience with websites and designing, this is what I have learned. Take it completely impartially. If you want, I could help you out. We could add frames on the left or something (as I'm not great at coding either), whatever you like.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've actually been thinking about having a menu to the left of the site, like you mentioned, maybe sometime in the future or so, but right not, I'm still working on the site in general. As fro frames, I've been planning on putting the images in the Photo Gallery in frames, for as others have told me to way the images are laid out is MUCH TOO simplistic. Maybe you could help me out with that.

BTW: What does <3 mean?

Ernie101

Reaction score
Sorry to interrupt, but is this Kathy Greenburg from,"Who's life is it anyway?".

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's Kathy GreenWOOD, and she's from Whose LINE Is It Anyway.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Oh, I am so sorry, I am really tired. I like Ryan Stiles on that show. I watched it every night during the school year.

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
<3 is a heart

I think your site looks good, although I do agree that a side menu would be nice.

There's just one thing, but it's nothing major. I always have a problem with no right-click. Thieves can get around it, and the only thing it really stops is people (like myself) who prefer to open new windows.

(I don't know if such a thing exists, but what would be really neat would be if there was a way to deactivate only certain parts of a right-click menu.)

As for the forum, sorry I don't have anything to say. That looks good, too. I don't know jack about plugging sites and forums. :embarrassed: