What is Your Race and Religion?

Tonichelle

Reaction score
ok, I just got a big lecture in Sociology class that race doesn't exist genetically only in people's minds and all that so

ethnicity/religion - I'm Caucasian, American, Alaskan, brown hair, brown eyes... of German and Irish decent. My family's left Germany before the goose-stepping, so I'm not a white supremist, Jew bashing, war monger... but I am a Conservative Southern Baptist and Republican... yes I think that's about it when it comes to that

I guess you can say my race is "White" but apparently if you're white in the US you can't be proud of your ethnicity... but I am

So yeah I'm hardcore Southern Baptist Christian, and proud to be! :zany:

Ziffel

Reaction score
Awesome Tonichelle. Great to see a young person with firm conservative moral Christian values. :smile: I've attended independent fundamentalist Baptist churches before too. I've been going to a non-denominational church with sound conservative doctrine.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I am not a republican but good on you for having the guts to stand up for your beliefs and values in the name of Jesus Tonichelle.

God bless you

Bill "Marty" Bubble Guy

DreamCatcher

Reaction score
Well, I guess I'm a mutt like most of us here. lol From what I remember, I'm a Caucasian American (not like those two things would be difficult to remember), English, Danish, and Irish, girl. I'm sure there is more to me but you get the idea.

I'm also a fellow Latter Day Saint ,furshur and Davina!

Thank you, Bill, for the PM welcome! I was going to PM you back but I don't have enough posts under my belt to do so yet.

Davina

Reaction score
hi DreamCatcher, welcome to the boards :smile: i use to live down in Utah (SLC in the Avenues) as well until about 3 years ago when I moved up here to Alaska..

Tonichelle

Reaction score
Davina - woot! for Alaskans! :smile: Do you like it up here, and what brought you up to the *frozen* North? :wink:

Davina

Reaction score
most of the time i like it... :smile:
I came up in January 2003 after I got married... hubby'd been up here for about 10 years, and at the time, his ex and kids were all still up here as well. (she's since moved out of state with his younger girls, but they love coming back up here for the summers to stay with us)
We use to live in Anchorage, but last fall bought a house out in Palmer. We love this place, so will most likely stay put for a good long while.. :smile:

wes

Reaction score
Wes I'm form Georgia, I'm a Spirit filled Pentecostal, as far as race i'm Irish, and 1/16 Native american, My family is from Alabama, and Missisppi.

Tonichelle

Reaction score
Davina said:
most of the time i like it... :smile:
I came up in January 2003 after I got married... hubby'd been up here for about 10 years, and at the time, his ex and kids were all still up here as well. (she's since moved out of state with his younger girls, but they love coming back up here for the summers to stay with us)
We use to live in Anchorage, but last fall bought a house out in Palmer. We love this place, so will most likely stay put for a good long while.. :smile:
Yeah, Anchorage sucks lol... I much prefer my hometown of Kenai :smile:

but it is nice to be able to have more than one store to go in and get things from... I like the variety... but not the crowded feeling

Davina

Reaction score
definately.. i like living within reasonable driving distance of large cities.. just not in the large cityu itself.. but the.. aside from wehen I lived in SLC for 3 years and the time in Anchorage before we bought the house, i've always lived in the small towns just outside the large cities...