How's the weather where you are?

Ziffel

Reaction score
I'm sorry the snow didn't cooperate with ya, Ziffel. But it's so great that you got to spend time with your favorite girl at work. Definitely time to treasure! :smile:
And got more wonderful time to treasure with her at work today. :smile: But also :frown: at the fact that it just doesn't look like I will be getting her for a gf anytime soon, if at all. I was using my break time to help her today and she said, "I really appreciate this but I feel bad you're giving up your break time to help me." I said, "Well please realize how GOOD I feel about getting to do this and spend some more time with you." She then said, "I just don't want you to think I'm taking advantage of you."

Now, that doesn't really seem like a thing someone would say if they were thinking of going out with me, does it? Rather, I fear it is indicative of saying in effect, "You're a great person and a dear friend. But it won't be anything more than that, so if you do too much for me it makes me feel like I might be taking advantage of you."

Maybe not. Like I said, sometimes there's really good signs and then sometimes there's signs of a more discouraging nature. I just hope we can at least start a relationship outside the workplace, like taking walks together when the weather is warmer soon. We don't have to hold hands or anything (YET!). Just be friends. Ah well. It's a hard business. And I might try too hard sometimes. Love hurts. It really does. Well, unrequited love, that is.

Well they are still calling for a nice one here tomorrow of 60 and sunny. And also still calling for rainy and colder weather the rest of the week. Blehhh. Well at least will have one day to savor. But have to work tomorrow so the savoring is minimal anyway!

Ziffel

Reaction score
Well it is 63 now, even better than the forecasted 60. I just enjoyed a power walk. It's real sunny too. There is a gusty wind but at 63 it still feels pretty good. I took a chance without a jacket and felt good enough. But didn't wear shorts. Can't wait when can do that again. Feels so freeeeeeeeeeee!

They're sayin' tomorrow now will be near or at 60 again, but it may be raining.

Skye

Reaction score
And got more wonderful time to treasure with her at work today. But also :frown: at the fact that it just doesn't look like I will be getting her for a gf anytime soon, if at all. I was using my break time to help her today and she said, "I really appreciate this but I feel bad you're giving up your break time to help me." I said, "Well please realize how GOOD I feel about getting to do this and spend some more time with you." She then said, "I just don't want you to think I'm taking advantage of you."

Now, that doesn't really seem like a thing someone would say if they were thinking of going out with me, does it? Rather, I fear it is indicative of saying in effect, "You're a great person and a dear friend. But it won't be anything more than that, so if you do too much for me it makes me feel like I might be taking advantage of you."

Maybe not. Like I said, sometimes there's really good signs and then sometimes there's signs of a more discouraging nature. I just hope we can at least start a relationship outside the workplace, like taking walks together when the weather is warmer soon. We don't have to hold hands or anything (YET!). Just be friends. Ah well. It's a hard business. And I might try too hard sometimes. Love hurts. It really does. Well, unrequited love, that is.
Aww Ziffel, I'm so sorry to hear that. :sympathy: I can definitely see how her saying that could be interpreted as her not thinking of you in a romantic sense. And even if she doesn't, you still have a wonderful friend who means a lot to you. But hey, you never know what could happen and how things might change! Your hope to spend more time with her outside of work is perfect. And it's a very sweet way to show her even more that you care. You sure are right, though. Love can hurt a lot sometimes, depending on if the object of your affections truly loves you back. But if you're lucky enough to find that one person who makes the pain completely worth it, that's when you know you've found "the one." :smile:

*sigh* I love talking love, hehe. But talk about the weather, too, Caroline, lol! It's really cold, and getting colder, I think. Man, I can't wait for spring-like weather!

Ziffel

Reaction score
Thanks Skye. Yes, no matter what we are great buds and that's awesome. :smile:
But a lot of good stuff today with my time with her, so may still come about like you say. I asked her to let me know anytime she wants to go for a walk together when the weather starts getting warmer. She said sure. If we can just start doing that it'll be a great further developing of our relationship. A co-worker of mine tried to encourage me today. He thinks it is just a matter of time before she becomes my girl because, "she likes me too much to not become mine."

I like to leave her notes with just the first letters and she enjoys figuring them out. Like if I write H Y H A N L , she knew it was "Hope you had a nice lunch." Well today I took a gamble in maybe coming on too strong by giving her a note that said I L Y. But she giggled and said, "I love you too." So that went over pretty good. :smile:

But I really should try to hold back a little more. It's just hard because I like her so much.

Teheheman

Reaction score
It WAS nice outside. Now it's raining. What the heck man? I thought we had a deal. It would be nice for a while and then it could rain on days I didn't have work. Eh, oh well

Daniel

anytimepally

Reaction score
60 degrees today! .. all the snow has melted.. but the tempurature's dropping fast overnight, and it won't be above freezing again for another week :smile:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
It is cold again, I don't know why it is cold again, but it is. It really needs to warm up, it's March! Spring is just around the corner!

tutter_fan

Reaction score
It's crappy here. Ice & snow, and I absolutely agree with redBoobergurl! Snow needs to stop, and spring needs to COME!