RIP Thurl Ravenscroft

That Announcer

Reaction score
I just found out that voice acting legend Thurl Ravenscroft died of prostate cancer. He was 91.

You undoubtedly know Mr. Ravenscroft as the voice of Tony the Tiger, on the Frosted Flakes commercials. He once said, "I'm the only man to make a career out of one word- 'Grrrrreat!'" This, however, was not his only achievement; he also sang the famous song "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch" in the classic Chuck Jones special "How The Grinch Stole Christmas." If you've ever been inside the Haunted Mansion at Disneyworld, he sang a lot of vocals in the attraction and is the so called "Walt Disney" singing bust in the graveyard scene.

Rest in peace, Mr. Ravenscroft. You were a true legend.

Xerus

Reaction score
Thurl is another vetran voice artist I'm gonna miss. I remember hearing that familiar voice in a lot of old Disney movies and cartoon shorts. And Tony was a jolly fun loving character Thurl got to voice. Much different from a current character of his. The gruff and grumpy Kirby the Vacuum from The Brave Little Toaster.

And Thurl was wonderful singing that classic Grinch song. I wish he would've gotten credited for it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm also quite familiar with Thurl Ravenscroft. I know him best, though, as Kirby from The Brave Little Toaster series.

crazy ernie

Reaction score
He was also some of the pirates in Pirates of the Carribean, the German parrot in the Tiki Room as well as a few Tiki Gods in Disneyland's Tiki Room waiting area and a gator in Splash Mountain.