Your Thoughts: The Muppets' Wizard of Oz

What did you think of The Muppets' Wizard of Oz?

• Oz was great

Votes: 57 23.0%
  • Oz was good

Votes: 92 37.1%
  • Oz was disappointing

Votes: 64 25.8%
  • Oz was awful

Votes: 35 14.1%

• Total voters

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Great Point

minor muppetz said:
*we never learn if the electric mayhem was supposed to work for the wicked witch or not. they worked at poppyfields, which could have been a trap set by the witch, and they accompany her in her song, but they never appear at the castle, and we never learn their reaction to the witch melting.
*and I also wish that beauregard, digit, leon, seymour, bobo and link hogthrob were in the movie.
This is a great point; please allow me to offer these thoughts.

First off in fallowing the original story by L. Frank Baum the poppy field is just an obstacle that our 4 friends must over come. The W.W. of the West has no involvement at all in them being trapped there. The Land of Oz itself is broken into 5 regions, North, South, East and west, and of course the Emerald city in the center. Each Region has a favored color, and all the people, homes and plant and animal life reflect shades of this color. For example in Munchkin land the grass is a shade of blue, along with the trees, and the people all wear blue, and the animals are also blue tinted. The only thing of a different color is the yellow brick road. In the Quadling country all things are red or rose colored. When our 4 friends travel through this county they unfortunately encounter the Deadly Poppy field. These colors are what inspired the The 1939 MGM Film classic to include the song over the rain bow, and the hose of a different color changes to 3 of the 4 colors in OZ. MGM also converts the poppy field into a dangerous death trap by the W.W. of the West to play up the revenge aspect of the story. Which as I have mentioned earlier, the W.W. of the West did not want to really hurt Dorothy until Dorothy and friends come to destroy her. She wants the silver shoes for her own as they have a powerful charm, it is implied in the book to help her conquer OZ.

As for the E.M. Band, they are the Muppet band and have played back up, and been part of the story with out choosing sides. In Muppet Treasure Island they play for the pirate’s musical number, but are not pirates themselves. As Floyed says, Play the gig and never get involved with politics.

I hope this helps. :attitude:

Mario

Reaction score
I haven't seen it yet. I fell asleep right before it went on TV. I might rent it though.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Muppets OZ

Well I guess you all got tired of my usless OZ information. So I guess I will stop checking this thread so often. To all of you who have not seen the film I hop you enjoy it when you do.

For those of you who may be looking for more usless OZ info. or have questions you cna always email be direct.

scarecrow34@hotmail.com

Peace out!

:attitude:

MWoO

Reaction score
Why are you so down on yourself?

mummytomb

Reaction score
Remember the entertaining days when New Characters were created for classic stories?
Simply put:
Hey, Cinderella!, Musicians of bremen, Etc.- Good!
Treasure Island, Wizard of OZ, Christmas Carrol-Sad.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
MWoO said:
Why are you so down on yourself?
Are you speaking to me? I guess I never really thought I was being hard on myself, although I am going through a very difficult time with this divorce stuff. Plus I figured every one was tired of hearing me talk, I wanted to give others a chance to say things and express there thoughts.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In the dungeon scene, I think it would have been funny (or at least a good refferecne to previous productions) if Annie Sue Pig, Spamela hamderson, and Miss Mousey were in the dungeon with the cowardly lion. it would make sense for piggy to lock her rivals up in the dungeon.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Good Doctor, I certainly am not tired of your thoughts, just, I havn't yet seen the film.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
In the dungeon scene, I think it would have been funny (or at least a good refferecne to previous productions) if Annie Sue Pig, Spamela hamderson, and Miss Mousey were in the dungeon with the cowardly lion. it would make sense for piggy to lock her rivals up in the dungeon.
I agree that would have been funny even though I do not agree with the concept of Spamela Hamderson. In my opinion from what I recall of a Muppets Tonight skit, (that program I never liked), she was over sexed and overly sexual for the Muppets. Way too adult, but then I guess Muppets Tonight was for an older audience. And of course the slow decline from family values to the ME generation which 90's programming brought to house holds across America. (That is a rant for a different time) I do agree having them locked in the dungeon would have been funny.

I also thought it was funny the way Piggy Wicked Witch of the West got skinny before melting away to nothing.

:attitude:

MWoO

Reaction score
What family values have declined.

Spamela was far less "over sexed" than Piggy was on TMS. She was a stupid character, like all the new pigs for some reason. The only real difference between Piggy and Spamela is that Spamela wore a bikini. How is this something that destroys family values? What are family values anyway? Who gets to define them? I'm sure my family values are different than your family values and different from anyone else's.