Your Thoughts: The Muppets' Wizard of Oz

What did you think of The Muppets' Wizard of Oz?

• Oz was great

Votes: 57 23.0%
  • Oz was good

Votes: 92 37.1%
  • Oz was disappointing

Votes: 64 25.8%
  • Oz was awful

Votes: 35 14.1%

• Total voters

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Sorry Gang I really do not like Bobo, his design seems to me not to fit with the style of the other Muppets. I know I will probably catch heck for saying so, but I am glad he was not in the film.

Beauregard

Reaction score
The Good Doctor said:
I was worried it was too long. And then I was worried that you all just want me to shut my yap for a while.
No. Definatly (for us who ain't seen it or read it) worth reading. I must say.

If you wanna post more detailed posts, do so!!!

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
No. Definatly (for us who ain't seen it or read it) worth reading. I must say.

If you wanna post more detailed posts, do so!!!
Thank you. For now I think I have said all that I need to about Muppets OZ and the Original book. But I do hope that this continues, especially after the OZ film comes out on DVD.

As for Fozie's voice, I agree but only to a point. If we kind of go back in time when the Muppet Show was first on TV (Season 1) a few of Franks Characters sounded similar. We have an old group of well know friends (The Muppets) with a new group of friends (The Performers) in time they will grow into there characters and the voices will be as good as ever. I think Fozie sounds younger, fresher, cleaner may be. I feel the same way about Scooter, and also Sam. Give it time, a few more productions under there belt and the new performing gang will have the voices down. I hate to make this comparison, but long before Walt Disney passed on he had to pass the voice of Mickey on to some one else, due to his smoking, Walt could not get his voice to go so high any longer.
:embarrassed:

unclematt

Reaction score
DevonMiles said:
I thought it was all right for the standard audience that don't take it personally but I remember how funny and absolutely perfect the Muppets use to be and it hurts watching anything current they are a part of. I'm speaking mainly about the Muppet Show characters.
Sesame Street has been a slow evolving change and seems to hold its own.
I would rather have them change than have them disappear

Camellia

Reaction score
Muppet Disney remake of Wizard of Oz

:frown:

speechless

sorry don't mean to offend anyone

but it was AWFUL

I wish they would make an original script movie, like TMM and MTM

Camellia :smile:

unclematt

Reaction score
Camellia said:
:frown:

speechless

sorry don't mean to offend anyone

but it was AWFUL

I wish they would make an original script movie, like TMM and MTM

Camellia :smile:
I agree that they need to make an original script movie, but I think there were many redeemable qualities in MWoO.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Good Doctor, I know this is the wrong thread, but I knew I'd catch you here. I was perusing VMC this evening, and discovered something you'll like. You know how often you have mentioned Sam's having feathers on his head in VMC as a very bad thing. Well, in the final scene, they are gone. So they were a one time gag, not even kept for the whole movie!!! Thought you'd care to know. Beau

minor muppetz

Reaction score
my review

well, I guess it's about time for me to write a review.

I liked The Muppets Wizard Of Oz. It wasn't the best muppet movie, but it was better than Muppets From Space. there are a lot of things that I liked as well as a lot of things I didn't like.

of the things i liked:
*this movie seemed to have the least amount of humans than any other muppet movie. in kansas, the only humans seen are dorthy and the wizard. everybody else is a muppet.
*i liked the return of scooter, dr. teeth and the electric mayhem, crazy harry (with lines), mulch and foo foo. alright, so many of them weren't really gone, or didn't really come back any differently then they had been used 9scooters part in the movie was probably just as big as his part in it's a very merry muppet christmas movie).
*i liked the return of songs sung by the muppets, and the return of music numbers that appear for no reason. most of the songs in muppets from space and it's a very merry muppet christmas movie were sung for reasons (in front of audiences, christmas caroling, "everyone matters" was sung while onzo played a guitar).

and some of the things i didn't like:
*the poppyfields scene should have been more crowded. rowlf should have been there, either as a customer or playing the piano with the electric mayhem. lips should have been there, playing the trumpet. dr. phil van neuter should have been there since mulch was. fleet scribbler looks like the kind of person who would be at a nightclub.
*instead of a weatherman, the newsman should have done the tornado report.
*although I am glad that the backgound villians from muppet treasure island returned, I wish that the flying monkeys would have been portrayed by some of the older muppet monsters, like boppity, gloat, luncheon counter monster and beautiful day monster.
*when the wizard was giving everybody what they wanted, instead of bunsen and beaker using a machine to create a drumroll, they should have used animal.
*we never learn if the electric mayhem was supposed to work for the wicked witch or not. they worked at poppyfields, which could have been a trap set by the witch, and they accompany her in her song, but they never appear at the castle, and we never learn their reaction to the witch melting.
*and I also wish that beauregard, digit, leon, seymour, bobo and link hogthrob were in the movie.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Good Doctor, I know this is the wrong thread, but I knew I'd catch you here. I was perusing VMC this evening, and discovered something you'll like. You know how often you have mentioned Sam's having feathers on his head in VMC as a very bad thing. Well, in the final scene, they are gone. So they were a one time gag, not even kept for the whole movie!!! Thought you'd care to know. Beau
Hey thanks, I did not catch that, but now I will ahve to watch it again. I was guessing it was just a one time gag.