Statler & Waldorf on movies.com

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
Is it gone?
Well, I guess you didn't miss it if you didn't even know it was gone! :wink:

I miss having new Muppet product to look at. But not FtB specifically, or as I like to call it, Disney's Cheap Cynical Knockoff Starring Two Unidentifiable Old Guys!

Hopefully something will come of this TV pilot...

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Where did you hear that Weezer didn't like it? And if so, why did they do it? Any ideas?
Someone on TP rented a Weezer DVD with all their music videos on it, along with audio commentary by the group. The person who rented it was hoping that Weezer would have something nice to say about them, or at least modestly polite. Instead, Weezer ripped into the Muppets, saying how "lame" and "gay" it was to have to shoot this video. (I think they actually used those words, though someone who knows more could prove me wrong.)

I've never heard an explanation of why they did it, but my hunch is that the Muppets' owners at that time (EM.TV, I think?) became corporate bedfellows with whatever record company owns Weezer. In other words, they had to do it.

But I would much rather have, say, Kermit singing with Kylie Minogue (sp?) and Kylie saying that it's a fulfillment of a lifelong dream to work with them. If Weezer considers themselves "too cool" for the Muppets, I say good riddance to them.

Stix

Reaction score
The videos are still there, I've only recently discovered FTB, and have been watching from the beginning.

Stix

Reaction score
I'd post the link but I can't until I've made at least 10 posts.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
There's a podcast of it, but it has no episodes in it. In case that hadn't already been reported.

EDIT: Oh! Actually the podcast does have episodes. They're not new though