Muppet Listings 15.0

Tera

Reaction score
Is Muppets on Wheels:Things that Go on the list? I looked for characters from it and didn't find them, but it could just be sleep deprivation.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh... Muppets on Wheels: Things that Go? Please explain, what is this? Is it a show, movie, TV special? Will wait on learning what this is before rendering sentence.

Tera

Reaction score
Muppets Sing Alongs: Muppets on Wheels (1995)

It's a sing along hosted by Kermit that is paired with Muppets Sing Alongs: Things that Fly. It has Lindey, Roller Coaster dude, the contuctor, the engineer, and Jackey jack jackhammer.

Are direct-to-video things on the list?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I don't see why not; there's several Muppets from videos, such as P.J., Kai-Lee, even Caroll Spinney's character Picklepuss, and the "Billy Bunny" gang. There could be a category for "MHV--Muppet Home Video", which was the original name for the line of Muppet videos.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
TotallySpiesFan said:
WOOLLY MONSTER: The green monster with semi-googly eyes and teeth who eats the machine and blew up. He would become Cookie Monster on "Sesame Street" and was performed by Jim Henson.

FRANK MONSTER: He's already listed, but he did appear in "Muppets Magic".

BIG V: He's already listed, but he did appear in "Muppets Magic" as well as "Sesame Street".

SOUR BIRD: The purple bird with a red beak. Ate the unabsorbed Rock-&-Roll Monster. Was made for 4 "Royal Crown Cola" commercials.

THE TRASH CAN MONSTER: A black-and-orange monster with eyes who always hides in three trash cans.
WOOLY MONSTER also appeared in a few commercials, including one where he ate potato chips (his name was Arnold). He's also known as the Wheel-Stealer for another brand of chips.

FRANK MONSTER is the shrunken puppet version of BD Monster (who shrinks during the sketch).

Where should Big V be designated? The earliest I've seen him is on the Jack Paar Show.

SOUR BIRD should probably be designated in the "Muppet Commercial" category.

THE TRASH CAN MONSTER is actually three monsters that combine to make one monster. One is a short fuzzy orange creature with arms, another is a pair of eyes, and another is a tangle of dark green feathers and fur.

And here's two more, from the Christmas sketch:

SNERK--a blue Snerf with black eyebrows, a mouth, a tuft of light blue hair, and a green nose.

SNORK--a blue Snerf with black eyebrows, a mouth, a tuft of light blue hair, and a green nose.

Should "Twinkleclaws" be listed with ESS as well?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh, like how you guys keep me on my toes regarding my baby.
1 All the stuff from Plaza Sésamo has been added and the accents for the already existing entries have been corrected, the total now stands at 3069.
2 We agreed that all Muppet characters that showed up on the Ed Sullivan Show would be added under the designation "Muppets Magic & Ed Sullivan" didn't we? As far as I understand it, not all the Muppet characters that appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show were featured on the DVD. Some appearances were taken to make the DVD, though not all. Therefore, the characters who's sketches made it onto the DVD justify the "Muppets Magic" part of the designation; while those whose sketches weren't on the DVD but were indeed on the show justify the "Ed Sullivan" portion of the designation.
3 As for what I'll include from the suggestions above, I'm going to go over those now and see what ends up getting added.
4 Pardon for asking, but what designation does Big V currently have? If it's TMS, then it's probably cause the place where I found him was over at kermitage.com. Should it be changed to Muppets Magic & Ed Sullivan since it first appeared there and that's where it's most memorable appearance is from?
5 As for characters already on the list that also appeared on Ed Sullivan...
Twinkleclaws also appeared on SS per Muppet_dk's info.
Have to go through the posts above to see what else needs clarifying.
On the other hand, should there be three different entries for Wooly Monster, once for Ed Sullivan, and Arnold and Wheel Stealer as two different entries for Muppet Commercials?
6 Gonna leave whatever may be referenced as Muppet Commercials off the list for now, till someone can step up with a fairly-complete list of those that should be added.
7 As for MHV, not sure what if anything will be done with those. Like Muppet Commercials, if anyone can provide a fairly-complete list of who should be added under that heading, I'll take it into consideration.
Hope to get some replies from you guys soon.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Seems like i good idea that I waited to respond to this thread.

5: Yes he was used on SS. But his name comes from the ed sullivan show. Therefore you should list him with the ed sullivan designation insteed of SS

7: I just got a copy of 4 of these tapes, and in the near future I will send you a list of the characters on them. Since I don't got all the tapes it can't be 100% complete, I think there's is around 10 tapes in the Play-a-long/Sing-a-long serie.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, thanks for checking in Muppet_dk. So, that takes care of Twinkleclaws. Should Big V be changed as well or left as is? Send what you have as soon as it's ready, always value what my trusted sources send me. BTW: Any luck with that pirate wolf from SS Germany?

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Well...as a matter of fact, Big V should be listed with "Muppets Magic" and "Sesame Street", not "The Muppet Show". Twinkleclaws and the Piano (though already listed) should also be listed with "Muppets Magic" as well.