Muppet Show DVD season box sets announced

KCJ506

Reaction score
Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
Somtimes I WISH ppl would read the press release before posting negitive stuff!
Umm....was there a press release made for this yet? If so, then that would probably answer a number of the questions in this thread.

:cool:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
NO! what i ment was...

No thats NOT what I ment! :rolleyes: I ment The press release of the Disney/Muppet deal, you know? what shows and stuff was part of the deal!!! :concern:

King Prawn

Reaction score
Even now I still can't get over the fact that soon we'l not only have season by season box sets of FR but of TMS too, everything we ever hoped would happen, which we doubted would happen a little is happening all at once.

Not only are we getting season box sets of two great shows next year but we'll also get a new Muppet movie (which we also been waiting for) plus hopefully Palisades will be able to release an official Series 10, which we've also been hoping for whilst at the same time doubting if we'd in fact get it or not.

This sure is a wonderful time to be a Muppet fan, The Henson kids dividing 3 great shows (SS/FR/TMS) might have been the best move they ever made, I admit i thought it was a terrible mistake and was totally against it but if this is how things will be going from now on then I'm glad they did what the did.

Oh and how could I forget we now also have a pretty cool new Muppet site... let's just hope they update it soon, i'm dying to see new pics of Muppet Wizard of Oz.

:smile: :excited: :big_grin:

dizzyizzy

Reaction score
I think the only thing I can say is YAAAAAAYY!!!!!! I can't wait!

:excited: :smile: :wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Do we think they will be available in Erope? Region 2?

toughrabbit

Reaction score
I only have two of the Time Life DVDs, but I LOVE the Brian Henson introductions. I wish the new season sets would include a Brian Henson intro for every episode. That would be so great.

Carman J

Reaction score
Hooray! I hope the success of season sets will encourage some better "Sesame Street" DVDs. I'm not a fan of these 30 min. discs meant for kids. I'd love to have a huge 3-disc of just classic Ernie & Bert sketches.

Seriously, Jim Henson & Frank Oz's work needs to be seen as important as Abbott & Costello. The majority of my comic timing comes from Henson & Oz. That goes for Ernie & Bert, Kermit & Fozzie, and numerous other combinations. There are several beautiful comic moments from "The Muppet Show" that I can't wait to have in a pristine DVD season set. Rowlf and Sam the Eagle singing "*** Willow"; Rowlf and Fozzie playing "English Country Garden" together on the piano complete with modulation!; "Pigs In Space" sketches with Link and Piggy. The list is endless of brilliant comic gold from Henson & Oz.

And PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me that Frank Oz will have a huge part to play in the release of these "Muppet Show" DVDs!

GOD Bless Frank Oz!

:embarrassed: :attitude: :frown: