Sad? Why shouldnt I be?

beaker

Reaction score
Hey, I can symphathize. From kindergarten through high school I got relentlessly teased: for being asian, overweight, poor, whatever the excuse was. Are you in jr high or hs? Fly me down for a few days, and I guarantee these kids won't be messin' with ya at school anymore:smile: Sadly it's 2005 and people either due to being complete retards, relgious nuts or backward idiots can't seem to except differences in belief or culture.

*rereads last post* Glad to see things are better! Well we're here for ya dude.

charlynoa said:
I'll go to bed now... it's 11:16pm here in Germany right at the moment.

Best regards,
Charly
whoah! This is the first time Ive seen a German fan on Muppet Central! Welcome!

gorgonmanistan said:
in the bible it started as adam and eve...(man and woman)god made us to live by his rules(im a jehovahs witness)i just think that its wrong to be gay.
Hey I used to be a Jehovah's Witness. Til after going to their headquarters I realized what a bunch of ignorant mind controlling loonies they were. I hate to bash on religions, but they are more of a sect or cult that believes everyone is 'worldly' and will perish. I'm surprised they allow blacks, as the old turn of the century Witness mantra believed blacks were inferior. Trust me kid, when you grow up, you'll realize how messed up that 'religion' is(I have no family cept my mom, because if you chose to leave it, your family pretends you dont exist anymore)

charlynoa

Reaction score
beaker said:
whoah! This is the first time Ive seen a German fan on Muppet Central! Welcome!
Thank you! I am really glad to be here (but I'm not the only German :wink: )

I don't think we should discuss about religious things ans thinkings...
Just being 10 years old you surely can't reflect what it is about the religion you are in. As I know in the USA there are lots of religious groups with christian background and I think it is really difficult to find the "right" one at least you are an adult... for kids being involved in the family's beliefs and communities it is more important to get love, than to think about if their belief is right or wrong... or the community they are involved in.

Hope you al get, what I mean (it is difficult to express such complicated thoughts in a different language... I hope there won't come up missunderstandings)

Regards,
Charly

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
TuttertheMouse said:
And you're more than entitled to that opinion.
OK, I changed my mind Gorgonmanistan. I was thinking about this in bed last night. And I know you're only 10 (heck I'm only 13 so I'm trying not to patronise you) so I'm trying my hardest to hold back. It's OK for you to sit there and say "Homosexuality is wrong", "gay people are evil", "anyone in a same-sex relationship should be hung off a cliff by their dangly bits" but until you know the pain we go through you cant criticise. You're a Jehova's Witness, so I'll imagine at some time in your life you'll have suffered discrimination about that. So why, knowing how hurtful it is, should you persecute and victimise homosexuals? After all, they've done absolutely squat-all to you! And another thing. Coming out to yourself age 11 is not an easy task. It is extremely hurtful. I dont know about any other homo/bisexuals down at ol' MC but I went through a long period of self-hatred. Again, until you know that pain you cannot criticise homosexuals- good, decent people who have done nothing wrong. Until you know what it's like waking up despising the world and yourself you cannot criticise homosexuals. Until you know what it's like to cross the playground with about 25 strangers every day calling you a 'queer' from the other side of the school you cannot criticise us. Until you know what it's like to fall in love with someone who isn't even of your sexuality you cannot criticise a soul. I mean seriously, you know nothing about me. Think about it- what do you know? My name is Dan and I'm gay. Does that make me a bad person? You know two facts about me and I'm already being judged by someone who does not even know what I look lilke. No, it does not make me a bad person. It makes me a perfectly average individual who has opinions and feelings just like yourself.

I've had my moment,
Dan (who has accidentally picked at an emotional scab that was healing nicely)

xx

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Katzi428 said:
Dan...I've read your posts & you're a very sweet person! Don't let the idiots get you down, hon. My sister is gay & as kind hearted as can be!
Wish, I'd read this sooner, that's very sweet!! As are you!!

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I'm going to do the most irritating thing ever and post 3 times in a row! Have had a very bad day, and needed to vent my feelings. Here's the short version: a guy I like found out today. Let's just say he wasnt impressed!! :wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
TuttertheMouse said:
OK, I changed my mind Gorgonmanistan. I was thinking about this in bed last night. And I know you're only 10 (heck I'm only 13 so I'm trying not to patronise you) so I'm trying my hardest to hold back. It's OK for you to sit there and say "Homosexuality is wrong", "gay people are evil", "anyone in a same-sex relationship should be hung off a cliff by their dangly bits" but until you know the pain we go through you cant criticise. You're a Jehova's Witness, so I'll imagine at some time in your life you'll have suffered discrimination about that. So why, knowing how hurtful it is, should you persecute and victimise homosexuals? After all, they've done absolutely squat-all to you! And another thing. Coming out to yourself age 11 is not an easy task. It is extremely hurtful. I dont know about any other homo/bisexuals down at ol' MC but I went through a long period of self-hatred. Again, until you know that pain you cannot criticise homosexuals- good, decent people who have done nothing wrong. Until you know what it's like waking up despising the world and yourself you cannot criticise homosexuals. Until you know what it's like to cross the playground with about 25 strangers every day calling you a 'queer' from the other side of the school you cannot criticise us. Until you know what it's like to fall in love with someone who isn't even of your sexuality you cannot criticise a soul. I mean seriously, you know nothing about me. Think about it- what do you know? My name is Dan and I'm gay. Does that make me a bad person? You know two facts about me and I'm already being judged by someone who does not even know what I look lilke. No, it does not make me a bad person. It makes me a perfectly average individual who has opinions and feelings just like yourself.

I've had my moment,
Dan (who has accidentally picked at an emotional scab that was healing nicely)

xx
How could you do that? That guy is 11 and you just went and ripped his heart out.

He was posting what he knows to be right and wrong, what he has been taught by family and friends, and how could you do that? It's all he's ever known and he stated his opinion (he's 11 can't you give him a break) and you smash him in the face.

I remember once on here when I stated something I had always been taught (maybe it was wrong but I didn't know better) and I got a bashing like that back. There is nothing more heartbreaking

That is so unthoughtfull.

It is his beliefs. You have yours, I have mine, he has his. If I didn't like your beliefs would I go stamping on you like that? Have I said a word about what I as a christian think of this thread? No, and why can't you do the same.

I'd have thought you of all people woud know better than to throw hurtfull words at someone when you've had them thrown at you. That makes me very very mad.

For goodness sake.

Beauregard

Reaction score
beaker said:
Hey I used to be a Jehovah's Witness. Til after going to their headquarters I realized what a bunch of ignorant mind controlling loonies they were. I hate to bash on religions, but they are more of a sect or cult that believes everyone is 'worldly' and will perish. I'm surprised they allow blacks, as the old turn of the century Witness mantra believed blacks were inferior. Trust me kid, when you grow up, you'll realize how messed up that 'religion' is
And you as well Beaker, you should be ashamed of yourself.

****, this is unbeliveable. I don't believe you guys have done this to the kid.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
How could you do that? That guy is 11 and you just went and ripped his heart out. For goodness sake.
You know what, you're right. It was pretty thoughless Beau. I was just very mad myself when I wrote that. And I didnt actually write it to offend him. I'm sure he didnt post his message to offend me other. Wow, shame. I'm reading what I wrote back over and it wasnt meant to be harsh, it was meant to be me proving a point rather than me doing what I was telling him not to do. But what do I know, I'm 13 myself. I do things without thinking about feelings and whatnot.

Sorry.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Sorry myself. For one thing I didn't realize you were thirteen. And for another, I just realised I was doing almost the same thing myself.

The truth is I love everyone on this board like a family, you are my only friends, and I don't want any of us hurting the others.

beaker

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
The truth is I love everyone on this board like a family, you are my only friends, and I don't want any of us hurting the others.
I like the sound of that.

Beauregard said:
And you as well Beaker, you should be ashamed of yourself.

****, this is unbeliveable. I don't believe you guys have done this to the kid.
Hey, I wish someone had told me I was wrong at 10 or 11. Luckily I figured it out not to long after. Anyways, I was banend from Tough Pigs because some folks felt I was a homophone and gay hater. Obviously that aint the case:smile:

Beauregard said:
He was posting what he knows to be right and wrong, what he has been taught by family and friends, and how could you do that? It's all he's ever known and he stated his opinion (he's 11 can't you give him a break) and you smash him in the face.
I did not know this individual was only 11. I guess I just assume people are in their late teens or older when they post online.

charlynoa said:
for kids being involved in the family's beliefs and communities it is more important to get love, than to think about if their belief is right or wrong... or the community they are involved in.
This comment made my night...here is someone not from the US, and *totally* understands what I try to tell people. The REAL universal religion and spirituality is love. I wish more people could see that. We all need love in our life. We need to encourage people, to be kind and warm whenever possible, and to try and not let life get us down. And when it does, to find sound viable solutions to make it better.

Ok, so we have learned not to put people down because of their religous beliefs, race, national origin, sexual orientation, class, or physical attributes:smile: