Animal 2 (all of them) review!

Michael Crawford

Reaction score
What's better than a Muppets Animal action figure from Palisades? How about a resculpted version, with added articulation and new accessories? Better yet, how about three versions of this new version, each with a different paint scheme? That's what we got this week! Tonight's review covers all three versions of Animal 2 - OhMyGodNewFiguresOnline.com's version, Killer Toys version, and Collector's Paradise version. I also want to point out to the Muppets fans that omgnfo.com is the place to pre-order your Sweetums. It's their exclusive, at least for the U.S., and I'm willing to guarantee that this figure will be the bee's knees.

Back to Animal - I like this version quite a bit better than the original. We get the head sculpt from the Mega version, plus knee joints. As to which color scheme is best, I betting that's one that there will be lots of debate on. Each has it's own strengths - check out the review for lots of photos of all three at the usual:

http://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

WiGgY

Reaction score
Nice pics. I still say there isn't too much of a difference between this head and the old one though. The eye focus in Animal 2 is a lot better.

FYI, the killertoys.com has bluish silver shackles while the omgcnfo.con has plain silver. Not much of a difference but it is a difference. Oh, and the killertoys.com Animal is noe 15.95.

Whatever

Reaction score
Looking good! I chose the Killer Toys version myself, and this review didn't make me regret the coice.

rexcrk

Reaction score
As usual, a great review! (heh, I say that EVERY time, lol :halo: )

I'll probably have to get me one of those Animals, since it's not very likely that I'll find the Series 2 one any time soon.

Awesome pics! :big_grin:

Michael Crawford

Reaction score
Wiggy - you honestly don't think there's much difference in the heads (even looking at them side by side), but you noticed that the silver was a little bluish? You have a unique eye for details :halo:

Michael
MWC

WiGgY

Reaction score
Weell, not different enough to make a new figure anyway. It's different, but not series 2 vs series 5 Gonzo different. They look different up close, but on a shelf they look pretty much the same to me.

edit: If anyone is getting an Animal 2 just for the repaint band, they all seem to work with the color schemes. KillerToys.com Animal goes nice with Dr. Teeth and Janice, OMGCNFO.com ANimal goes nice with Zoot and Dr. Teeth, and the CP Animal goes nice with Teeth, Janice, and Floyd. You can't go wrong.

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
I'm not gonna look!!!

So there... Every time I go to your darn website I want to see figures and a justification for WHY I don't buy them. Then I wind up buying all of them cause your pics and reviews look so darn awesome. It SUCKS!!!

I say POO on your website Micheal Crawford!!! With your stunning photographs and your in-depth reviews of toys I am trying to resist... To HECK with your website!!!!!

OK, I'm going. Sheesh. I resisted for all of 14 seconds...

Seriously, your website is killing my wallet. And couldyou just stick to the toys I already KNOW I'm gonna buy??? Having all those others with equally great pics is killing my wallet dude...

Michael Crawford

Reaction score
Well, tomorrow night's review says the 12" rotocast Incredibles are weak, so that should save you some money...but the photos are still good :smile:

Besides, you knew you were going to get all three of those Animals...who could resist? Clearly I couldn't!

Michael
MWC
and if I'm broke, everyone should be!

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Actually...

OK, I am only getting the one with the red shirt and tan pants-pseudo classic if you will... ANd mainly I am getting him for the accessories. I have tried to create my own jar of INsta Gro pills to no avail. It always looks cheesy... And Mega Muppet Animal needs those pills to grow man!!!

Anyway, another smash hit review dude. Rock on. I can't wait for you to review Sweet-Ums. :halo: :crazy: