Muppet College Dorms: The Next Semester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Erin: "And the lake, it is said, never gives up her dead, when the skies of November turn gloomy..."
Beige: Cheerful little tune - what's it called?
Erin: "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald," by Gordon Lightfoot. Kim was singing it earlier.
Scooter: "Oh, the ship was the pride of the American side..." and...um...I'll have to look up the rest of the lyrics.
Erin: Don't fret, Scooter - as folk songs go, it's a ten-part epic.
Storyteller: What's this about a ten-part epic? (winces) I've got one of those to edit today. It's the story of a Fraggle who tried to climb all the way down the Echo Hole.
Nora: (entering from room) Guys, isn't it the Count's birthday today?
Scooter: That's right, it is.
Beige: So what do we do?
Erin: We celebrate...now everyone get into a huddle and let's start brainstorming over how best to celebrate.

(group does exactly that, and the room is soon filled with a flurry of whispers)

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Abby: It's the Count's birthday today! We need to do something nice for him!
Beth: That's a great idea Abby
Red: Hmm, so we need to go shopping?
Beth: Yes, but what for?
Mokey: I have some ideas
Wanda: Let's hear them
*they huddle together and decide to go get breakfast and then go shopping*

OOC: I love the song the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald. My parents were huge Gordon Lightfoot fans so I grew up with that song and others!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Wonder if you guys know about Gordon Brightfoot, a Muppet cousin from up in Canada.
You know, there are a couple of things I think my buddy might like... *Aside: For this blasted indecision to be over and done with for onething.
Maybe you could contact some of his relatives or long-ago classmates or some fiendly colleagues from the monstering world.

Oh well. *Shrugs and goes to get ready for classes.

Gloat

Reaction score
Adam: *Standing by the small house thingy, watching Boppity and Gloat messin around* i really need a dog

Gloat: I like dogs

Boppity: Everyone likes dogs

Adam: Yeh, but knowing you guys, youll eat em

Boppity and Gloat: oh*

Adam: *attaches collar and lead to each of them* anyway, time for walkies

Katzi428

Reaction score
in Hensonville:
So...what do you think we should get The Count for his birthday?
Prairie:You mean bat day,Kath?giggle
snicker Right,Prairie. OK....what should we get Count for his bat day,girls?
Rosita:Well,I saw a puzzle that has over 1000 pieces.It has a dark castle on it.So maybe The Count would like that.
Ah! Good suggestion Rosita! Is it expensive?
Rosita:No,not really.
Prairie:Even if it was,he deserves it because he's such a nice guy.
Very true. So the puzzle it is.:smile:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Storyteller: Yes...yes, this would be perfect. (examines a framed poster with all sorts of numerals - Roman, Arabic, etc. all over it) Let's see...the others should be back soon. (looks up at the sound of singing in the hallway) Oh, goodness, are they still singing that song?
Scooter: (entering, carrying bags) "The captain wired in, he had water running in, and the good ship and crew were in peril..."
Erin: (entering, also carrying bags) "And later that night, when his lights went out of sight, came the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald." (sets bag on counter) Okay, we've got our presents, and we'll get to work on a cake...are Beige and Nora back yet?
Storyteller: No, not yet. So what did you two get?
Scooter: Oh, well, I found this really cool desk light...(digs in bag) and it's shaped like a castle tower, and it's got bats and ghosts in it. (pulls light out) See?
Erin: And I found a music box shaped like a pipe organ - it plays "Night and Day" if you turn this key back here...(turns key, and music starts to play)
Storyteller: Bravo, very good. Here's the poster I got, (shows the others the poster, and they approve) What kind of cake are you going to make?
Erin: Let's see...pumpkin and spice, with cream cheese frosting.
Scooter: And we're going to stick little bats all over it.
Beige: (enters, singing) "When we see the setting sun it makes us think of eating buns, and of the number 31 and ho-ho-ho...ha-ha-ha...hee-hee-hee." (sets a box down on table)
Erin: What'd you find, Beige?
Beige: Well, you've heard my song about what we Cave Fraggles think is funny, haven't you?
Storyteller: Yes, and none of it's funny at all to us.
Scooter: Aw, come on, Storyteller.
Beige: Well...(opens box) I went back to the cave, and I found a rock carving of all the numbers we think are funny. (holds up a carved piece of grayish-green rock, with 31, 2+2 and other numbers and equations engraved on it)
Nora: (comes in and collapses against door) Hi, everyone.
Storyteller: Nora, are you all right?
Nora: I'm fine...but when I went down to the shop to find an appropriate book for the Count...Mr. Farley was there with his salamanders.
Beige: Okay, what'd they do this time?
Nora: One of them got into the books by Sartre...and when a book fell on my head, the salamander said it wasn't his job to get me an icepack.
Erin: Typical existentialist. Come on, let's get going on the cake. (heads to kitchen)
Beige: (following) I'll start measuring the dry ingredients.
Scooter: Let's put it this way, Nora - at least it was Sartre, and not, say, Ayn Rand. (goes into kitchen)
Storyteller: (shudders) Good point. But did you find an appropriate book for the Count, Nora?
Nora: I did. (pulls a book from her Coming Unbound bag) It's a big book on numbers. Their origins, their symbolism and cultural significance...everything you'd want to know.

Gloat

Reaction score
Adam: Birthday! We need coffee! *drinking espresso*

Gloat: I got the present, but no coffee

Adam: Darn you! *shakes head* Well anyway, we agreed to be good today?

Boppity and Gloat: *nods*

Adam: Alright then *Picks up the large wierdly-shaped present* lets go give Count his present!

Boppity: What did we get him again?

Adam: That massive door knock thing with the big vampire head, that one you both got scared of, and apparantly it makes a really loud knock, just hope he likes it...

*They take it to their room and leaves it by the door*

Adam: Right guys, remember, youre not here to scare anyone, in fact, you're here to do the opposite, so...... just let me do the talking alright? *knocks on the door*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
UD: *Opening the door... Ah hello. You're probably here to greet the Count. Well, he's not in fright now. He and the master departed for parts unknown, won't be returning until around 8 PM. You can leave whatever well wishes and birthday/batday salutations you have... Or decide to return and face your doom at that time appointed to be the end of time.
The choice is yours... Choose wisely.

BEAR

Reaction score
Cookie: Boy, that delicious breakfast!
Bryan: Spanish omlette not bad, huh? Rosita taught me how when she used to live with us.
Cookie: Yummy!
Bryan: Cookie, we need to talk. I'm sorry that I took cookies away from you this weekend. I hope you understand why though.
Cookie: You want me to eat so many cookies and you want me to be Healthy Monster just like government.
Bryan: Well I do want you to be healthy but that's not really it. It's not so much about the cookies. It was the way you behaved and you violated Erin's property. You know how big a mess you made. I want you to enjoy cookies, but not when it comes down to destroying other people's stuff.
Cookie: if me had no cookies, me not be Cookie Monster. It me identity.
Bryan: And I love that identity, because you may be a glutton, but you've also got one of the best hearts I've ever known. You behaved so well this weekend, I've decided to lift the sentence.
Cookie: Really? (excited)
Bryan: Really. Besides, today is the Count's birthday and I'll bet there's gonna be cake!
Cookie: Oh boy oh boy oh boy!
Bryan: But promise me you'll leave some for the Count?
Cookie: Me promise.
Bryan: Good.
Cookie: Thank you.
Bryan: You're welcome. (hugs Cookie Monster). Now come on, we need to gather the others to figure out what to give the Count for his birthday.
Cookie: Okay!

Gloat

Reaction score
Gloat: 8!

Adam: No Gloat, we're not here then! And plus its way past your bedtime *hands over the gift* Tell Count to have a great day! and uh.... these guys will sing him a little song if they see him *points to Boppity and Gloat* And have a nice day yourself, i'll see ya around

Status
Not open for further replies.