Muppet Babies DVD Box Sets

Gusworld

Reaction score
maxdrive said:
well msot of the movies clips are from there own movies and the star war stuff might be ok considering hensons and lucas's hystroy gearge lucus produced Labyrinth. so his stuff they could get fairly easly
Even assuming this were true, they'd still have to pay for the rights; they're not going to get them for free! Add together all the rights in a season and the accountants are going to get nervous, because it greatly inflates the overall cost of producing the DVD (both directly through the rights payments, and indirectly by how long the disc producer has to spend negotiating). Rights could well determine whether a slightly marginal project gets the go-ahead.

And while it's easy to slag off Disney for this kind of behaviour, it's hardly new to Henson; after all, expensive music rights are the reason that MFC has only ever been for sale in cut-down versions! As several other people have pointed out, the entire industry has to grapple with these issues all the time, and consumers have to accept that sometimes DVD releases won't be exactly as they were originally broadcast.

And of course, if message boards fill with posts saying 'I won't buy Muppet Babies on DVD unless it is completely untouched', then the odds of them coming out get reduced . . .

Cheers
Gus

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
ya know who taught me that language? Jimmy Buffett--That's right, the guy who sang with Gonzo on Kermit Unpigged. Why would anybody be negative toward that is my question.

B(I'm much calmer now)J

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
To justify box sets they would need to be pretty sure they will sell, and sell very very well. At this time I don't think the Muppet Babies has a big enough fan base who would want to invest in box sets. For Disney to justify making season box sets they need to have a much bigger base of fans. A lot of people are casual fans of the show, but would not invest $30 in a DVD season set. Smaller single-disk releases are verry possible (like 3-5 episodes each) but at this point I don't see a whole collection of all 7 seasons and 107 episodes will be put on DVD.

As for being uneditied, I doubt that will happen either, the way the copyrights went for a video/DVD release a lot of money would need to be spent to get them all, making the sets expensive (and more likely to turn people off to them). There are many episodes that won't need to be chopped (or chopped much), and many rights are probally easy (and cheap) to get. So any future release of Muppet Babies won't stink of edits. Even future TV airing might have issues depending on the type and lengths of the agreements.

I don't think the Muppet Babies are dead and we'll never see them again. But compleate season sets of uneditied episodes is not likely anytime soon.

I personally would love to have Muppet Babies Season sets, I loved the show. But I doubt that we'll be seeing them anytime soon in a compleate collection. The type of show it is makes season sets harder to justify to a studio, especially one who just got the rights in the past year.

christyb

Reaction score
I'd love to see Muppet Babies on DVD sets. The few episodes I have on VHS are getting very old. I would love to see some of my favorite episodes again.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
i think it will com in indv disc like Garfeild did in the Beginig to gage the intrest

please i want something i may even get that E*BAY 50 episode set

If they put out a Feture Film w/ Merchindise Tyins it would be a big help

Zajiue

Reaction score
It's me again.

No demand for Muppet Babies on DVD? Take a look at this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=617&item=6358161253&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

It's up to $103.50 for 50 episodes and there's still 1 day and 4 hours left. I think there is a demand. This isn't the first listing you know.

Besides, it might be the people who favor the Muppet Show over Muppet Babies who say things like that. I for one, never did take a liking to the Muppet Show. Sad but true.

- Zajiue

Gordon Universe

Reaction score
if they did them seasonally, they wouldn't have to be big giant $30 box sets, so don't worry - each season was only 13-18 episodes in length, they could squeeze that on two discs if they wanted.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Zajiue said:
No demand for Muppet Babies on DVD? Take a look at this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=617&item=6358161253&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

It's up to $103.50 for 50 episodes and there's still 1 day and 4 hours left. I think there is a demand. This isn't the first listing you know.

Besides, it might be the people who favor the Muppet Show over Muppet Babies who say things like that. I for one, never did take a liking to the Muppet Show. Sad but true.

- Zajiue
Now its 151.00 us dollers

That Announcer

Reaction score
Gordon Universe said:
if they did them seasonally, they wouldn't have to be big giant $30 box sets, so don't worry - each season was only 13-18 episodes in length, they could squeeze that on two discs if they wanted.
"The Jeff Foxworthy Show" was 18 episodes and was put onto 2 discs in a dualdisc Amaray case. This would drive the price down to around $20 US (I am Canadian so I'm not sure).

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
I grew up watching Muppet Babies and cherished the memories of watching this show. One of my prized possessions is an old VHS copy I have of an episode (the "Great Cartoon Show"). Anyway, I found out that Muppet Babies is owned by Disney and I emailed them and asked if the show is ever to be released on DVD. The response was that there is no planned released date but they would mention my request at the next DVD marketing meeting. So I figured, if enough of us bombard them asking for a DVD, maybe they would listen. Sounds like wistful thinking, but hey, you never know. So if you want to bug Disney or have nothing else to do, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Here is the address: disneyinfo@disneyhelp.com