The Muppet Movie Ride

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
They could change Disneyland to Muppeland or Hensonland. Maybe that should have been in the deal when Disney bought the muppets. It would be funny if it was hidden in the smallprint of the contract, lol.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I've always heard that Jim Hill uses a lot of speculation in his articles and should be taken with a grain of salt.

I doubt we'll get a whole land or theme park based on Muppets (and definitely not with the Henson name tagged to it), but it would be cool!! I hope they'll at least get their own little corner of the theme park that could be considered Muppet Land!!

Sweetums74

Reaction score
Foz,
JH got the majority of his material for that article from WDW's Cast Newsletter called "Eyes & Ears" & a few company reports.

It is very true that a lot of what appears on his site is his opinion or speculation (and in the case of some of the WDW College Program postings, completely fabricated), but I've seen some of his source material for this and this story is fairly accurate.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well, maybe we'll at least get that restraunt(sp?) that we were talkin 'bout a while back. Remember?

Also, will there be Fozzies, Piggys, Kermits, and Gonzos walking around at Dis. World now, do ya reckon?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Sweetums74 said:
Foz,
JH got the majority of his material for that article from WDW's Cast Newsletter called "Eyes & Ears" & a few company reports.

It is very true that a lot of what appears on his site is his opinion or speculation (and in the case of some of the WDW College Program postings, completely fabricated), but I've seen some of his source material for this and this story is fairly accurate.
Thanks for the reassurance. :smile:

Beau, remind me of the restaurant. I seem to remember 'something,' but not the whole conversation!

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Well, maybe we'll at least get that restraunt(sp?) that we were talkin 'bout a while back. Remember?

Also, will there be Fozzies, Piggys, Kermits, and Gonzos walking around at Dis. World now, do ya reckon?

Its nice to see Kermit & Piggy @ Disney but to see the rest of the gang would rock!!! :big_grin: Heres hoppin! :smile: :halo:

tallnikky

Reaction score
I'm sure they could have character's like Animal, Gonzo, etc. roaming around
the theme parks freely seeing how they used to be in the old MGM Studio's stage show, "Here Come the Muppets". I loved the part of the show at the end when the muppets crash thru the stage on driving a monorail.Good Times.

Anywho, you can still get your photo taken with Kermit and Miss Piggy right outside Muppet's 3-D.

Anyone remember when they used to have the Muppet's at Sea World back in the early 80's??

beakerina

Reaction score
Beauregard said:

well, on the jim hill website it said about Great Gonzo's Pandemonium Pizza Parlor. Which looks great

Super Beaker

Reaction score
Muppet movie ride

For some reason when I read the title, I thought this was going to be a ride about the muppet movie, not muppets doing movies, You know something where you jump into Fozzie's car and ride throught the whole story of the first Muppet movie. That I think would be awesome. Everyone could even have there own Muppet in each car giving commentary. Not sure who though.

Meep :eek:

Reaction score
I went to Disney World to perform with my high school band class in 2003. We spent one day at MGM and what did my group I got put into do? Ride that accursed Aerosmith roller coaster and Tower of Terror three times each (the rides were fun but I've ridden coasters and launches more times than I can count). By the time my group got to MuppetVision 3D it was closed for the night and I only got to visit the gift shop of the Star Tours ride. Then some of my friends who did ride MuppetVision 3D and Star Tours told me how much I would have enjoyed them. I really missed out at MGM on that trip.