Sixty Seconds Got Together Lyrics

Dirth Nader

Reaction score
Anyway, i've been looking for the lyrics to the song "Sixty seconds got together", originally sang by the mills brothers in like 1930something. (Thats about as far as i can manage to get on this conumdrum!!) I heard it on muppet radio and really liked the tune. muppet central has it listed on the The Muppet Show Music Album 1979, UK-Australia. (and actually living in australia has not been any help either!!)
If anyone has any info on this song, (lyrics,mp3 anything!!) your help would be much appreciated..

by the way, hi everyone.
i've always meant to have registered here but havn't gotten around to it before, but will now be sure to put my hat into the ring on discussing muppets. couldn't be that hard could it?? :smile:

anyways... nice to be here.
:sleep: :boo:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Dirth Nader, and velcome to the vonderful vorld of the Muppet Central forum! BTW: Are you the same user we've gotten to know at the Palisades forum?
Anyway, I've got that song on one of my VCD's. Today's booked with Muppet figure photography with my brother, but I'll try to find it and post the lyrics ASAP if noone does before me.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

Dirth Nader

Reaction score
gee thanks heaps count!! i dont want anybody going out of their way on this though, so i hope it's not too much trouble.
i havn't posted on palisades before and actually thought there would be a dirth nadir here already. lucky me i get to use a name now though that combines my two great passions.
You seem like your on top of everything muppets, but if there is anything i can do for you, just ask.
BTW whats the deal with the figure photography?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, so then you're a completely new member, that's cool!
It's no trouble, was planning on watching my VCD's this week to try and find a few things, this is just one more thing to watch for. It would help me out if I knew which specific episode it was featured in to speed things along.
Heh, if you think I'm on top of all things Muppety, then you haven't been here long cause there are other members here who know loads of stuff I dont. But if you want some proof of what I've been working on with help from forum members, then keep an eye out in a couple of weeks for a thread called "Muppet Listings 11.0"
Oh, the figure photography is just a project I hope I can work on today with my brother. It's just taking pics of my Palisades Muppets figure collection, to then take that and merge it with pics sent to me by other forum members to construct one grand product guide.
Hope this helps and have a great holiday weekend.

Dirth Nader

Reaction score
I cant believe I found what episode it's from!! I was sooo ready to give up on looking, after searching every episode guide you can think of, and didn't really have the patience to go through every episode one by one on kermitage. After many frustrations i ended up back at kermitage, i thought i'd start with season 4 (i was pretty sure it wasn't in 1 or 2, the ep guide here seemed pretty comprehensive) and like a lot a people (I think) my fav number is 8 which makes 4 my second fav number. (Is this guy for real??? they all think :smirk: ) so i picked it. This is when I found i would have to check every episode individually so said to myself i'll check one guide and then give up, and let you know i dont have a clue what episode the song is from or even if it was actually in the show. I also dont have a clue who crystal gale is, but for whatever reason (fate??) i picked that episode to be the only one and low and behold.... that was it!!!! :smile:
so anyway long story short, (yeah right!!)
its season 4, episode 74, smack bang in the middle of the show.
how's that hey?? :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm, you sure that's the one? Don't have Crystal Gale TMS episode in my VCD collection, but I'm sure there's an episode I do have with that song. Let me do some checking and I'll get back to you during the week.

Dirth Nader

Reaction score
well thats what the kermitage site says. do you know if thats a reliable source?? Songs have been repeated in seperate episodes before... I beleive inchworm & bein' green has been repeated, Muppets seem to like to recycle, but yet make it a little different....
I also checked the same episode at another guide i had looked into earlier, and it had it there, but i didn't know that was it, because it only refers to the song as fish quartet.
The original song is by the mills brothers and in TMS its sung by fish known as the Gills Brothers.
Hows your photos going? i dont have a huge collection myself (cant afford it), but my invisible spray Fozzie and my tuxedo Kermit are still pakaged if you need photos of them.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The figure photos are going OK I guess, just one snag after another but well... I hope and wait to see what can be done today.
Already got pics of IS Fozzie and Tux Kermit, but thanks for the offer.
Will check my VCD's while waiting for my brother to get back, might find the song then.

Joggy

Reaction score
Kermitage is quite relyable... the episode guide was made by Danish Muppet Show diehard nut Hans Jensen. I made the original Character Guide, a part of which can be found on Kermitage. (It's missing the characters Mike couldn't get good enough photos of)

Yep, it's indeed the episode guest starring country singer Chrystal Gayle, and it's also featured on the Playhouse Muppet Show compilation video "Rowlf's Rhapsodies" (which still pops up on Ebay occasionally). They rerecorded the song for the Muppet Music Album and changed one line a little (the word 'darling' had become 'early').

If ya need the lyrics...

----------
Sixty seconds got together
And they decided to become a minute

Sixty minutes got together
And they decided to become an hour

Twenty four hours kept tickin' away
And they all voted to call it a day
But darling/early in a day there wasn't time to say
How much I loved you

Seven days they got together
And they decided to become a week

As they grew and grew
Then fifty two weeks decided to become a year

That's why sixty seconds every minute
Sixty minutes every hour
Every hour, every day
Every day, every week
Every week and every year
All I do is dream of you, my dear
-----

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
My bad, thought you were after lyrics of another song sung by Rowlf... a song which was one of Scooter's uncle's favorites, and Rowlf ends up singing the song three times: once at regular slow speed, once at normal speed, and one last time at a rapid pace.
Well, thank goodness for this forum and all its other members like Joggey who came in with the save.
And yes, kermitage is quite reliable for the info it's got there at its website.
Hope this helps and have a good day.