JHC and HIT establish worldwide distribution and production venture

McFraggle

Reaction score
In the vast cable lineup, I think the HIT channel could certainly find an audience.

Luke

Reaction score
BoyRaisin2 said:
HIT insiders said a final decision on the launch of a preschool web in the U.S. will be made by fall. If the net is successful, an international rollout is likely to follow.
Yeah it may well be a good move for them to launch a pre-school channel in the USA - they do have some great brands, and while the older Henson stuff will take a big push to build popularity with pre-schoolers it'll help give them some more American themed programming. Lots of competition though, but they are definitely a company on the up. Personally i think perhaps they should widen their sights a little further than pre-school and into teen stuff but they seem happy to be known just for their pre-school expertise. I guess you guys would finally get to see things like Hoobs. I can understand why they won't start in the UK first, the market is much smaller but we already have a few pre-school channels. It'd be very tough for them here.

McFraggle

Reaction score
I agree with you Luke, they will have to expand beyond the pre-school audience. I think even by limiting their audience to the pre-school and tween market then they would significantly increase their audience. With a show like Fraggle Rock, I think it would take pre-schoolers a while to grow to like that show.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
another SS

So are they thinking about making another show like SS. i really hope not becaues the origanal is the best, and i love all the SS muppets (Except Elmo)
I think that right now with everything else going on they should start with what they alredy have and focaes on just Getting fraggle rock started back maybe the frist season just all re runs and see how the public reacts to it. thats my thought for the day on Fraggle rock. I was never a really BIG fan lol get the pun.
:smirk: :excited:

Luke

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
So are they thinking about making another show like SS. i really hope not becaues the origanal is the best, and i love all the SS muppets (Except Elmo)
This has absolutely nothing to do with Sesame Street, thats owned by someone else now. This deal is mainly about Henson having an avenue to make new pre-school childrens shows like what they were doing before with Hoobs and Construction Site. It includes the distribution rights to the old stuff - "Fraggle", "Emmet", "Mother Goose" but they will just join a catalogue of other HIT shows in being available for sale to TV companies. It doesn't neccasarily guarantee any of them will actually get bought or there will be any big campaigns put behind them. The hope though is that HIT are a bigger and more dynamic company than Henson or EMTV right now so wheras those guys couldn't pull those things off maybe HIT can.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wonder if this effects (or is that affects) the European release of the Fraggle Rock DVD(s).

I'd rather see our European, (especially British) friends get the DVD than no one having it!

Luke

Reaction score
It doesnt affect the current disc as thats already out, but it will get deleted later this year once CTHE's license finishes. It probably means there won't be a 'Volume 2' released by Columbia though. It was a compilation DVD, and HIT will most likely release compilation DVD's and we already got the documentary as an extra so there probably won't be a big difference.

Tera

Reaction score
I'm excited about this. I hate to think of Fraggle sitting in a can getting mouldy. Besides, I REALLY want to see Construction Site.

P

Philip Kippel

Are these new Henson DVDs going to be released here in the USA?

If so, great. I'll get 'em...and it seems that we may finally get to see Mopatop's Shop, et al here in the USA.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
*fewwww* :zany: Thank god JHC didnt team up with Waner Bros, Universal or DreamWorks! :big_grin: or else i'd be goin :crazy: :grouchy: hehe... But hey its cool with me! Its no Disney deal, but hey...HIT is a good company (for pre-school any ways) and the Wiggles and the new show Kualla (i think thats how u spell it) Brothrs are on Playhouse Disney channel here, and they belong to HIT. So yeah... i guess HIT does get along with Disney! But.... :attitude: on the other hand.... they own Bob The Builder and thats on Nick Jr.!