A new "Muppet Show"

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Disney is rumoured to be fast tracking a number of Muppet projects, including a Muppet TV special with Jessica Simpson in May followed by the Muppet Wizard of Oz in November and (if the ratings for those are good) possibly a new TV series next February. Don't get too excited yet (we've heard all this before) but ABC is in trouble and Disney is serious about using the Muppets in a big way.

More info can be found in this article ~ http://www.jimhillmedia.com/legacy/index.htm?../articles/03192004.2.htm~contentFrame

Luke

Reaction score
It's a Jessica/Nick special with (if he is correct) the Muppets as one of the guests. I'm not sure as to the reliability of Hill's info though. From what i've heard there will be a TV show (or if not, a TV special) a bit later, probably between Easter and early Summer with another TV movie following on from that.

Matteo

Reaction score
So, we all agree that a new TMS would be great. But now, share your thoughts on "Which star would be nice as a guest on TMS" and "Which muppets should have a bigger role?"

:concern: :wink: !:eek: :crazy: It's time to get things started!

Luke

Reaction score
Y'know thinking of Mickey Mouse as Kermit's new boss makes me want to throw myself off the top of the Chaplin studios in protest. Mice don't run TV companies, Rats do !

We are Muppet fans here, we hate Disney and Mickey Mouse. It's in our blood.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Luke said:
They are planning a new TV show for mid-2005 as long as everything goes ok up until then with the movie.
How does Luke know so much?

__

Ho, ho knowing, howdenesses, like Luck looking?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Luke said:
Y'know thinking of Mickey Mouse as Kermit's new boss makes me want to throw myself off the top of the Chaplin studios in protest. Mice don't run TV companies, Rats do !

We are Muppet fans here, we hate Disney and Mickey Mouse. It's in our blood.
"You're the top!"
"You're the ... museum."
"You're the top!"
"You're the collosium."
"You're the melody of the symphony by Strauss!"
"You're the... a Shakespeare Sonnette-"
"You're Mickey Mouse!"
"Hey, is that supposed to be a compliment?"
"Well, you called me a collosium!"
"Good point. Sorry about that."
- Kermit the Frog and Ethel Merman

Poor Kermit. Now he is Mickey Mouse.

Luke

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
How does Luke know so much?
Didn't ya know? I'm an international psychic. I can do tea leaf reading, contact the dead and i also lapdance in my spare time.

:wink:

.... and yeah Supercoot, that proves it. Even Kermit hates Mickey Mouse. Don't think of it like Disney own us now, think of the Muppets as like their mail order bride. We'll be nice to em for a while and wash the dishes but we're only really in it for the money and so we don't get sent back on the plane to Germany when our visa runs out!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I've always thought that if they're going to do a prime-time TV show, they should just revive "The Muppet Show" as the title and format. Yeah, I know, it seldom works, but then again no other format has worked either.

Boy, it makes a person long for the good old days when the writing was solid and the characters had more sides to them.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
David, That is exactly my sentiments regarding the Muppets. Either do it as TMS was, and don't shoot for cheesey guest stars; or, my other idea was that it would be about the Muppets' lives, and take place in the Theater, the Boarding House, and in real world places (malls, etc.). Personally, I don't think it'll be much success if you don't see them back in the Muppet Theater.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I personally would like them to shoot for either TMS or JHH Muppet central segments as the base of the show. I just hope it does better than MT ever did. But is there anything even on ABC worth watching? Do you think they'd even care what they'd put on?