Kermits Swamp Years Official DVD Specs, Special Features & Extras

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Hi Muppet Central

I just looked at dvdangle.com and according to them, quote.......

"We have some more info for you regarding Columbia/Tristar's 09/03 release of Kermit's Swamp Years. The movie will be presented in both anamorphic widescreen and full frame -- and the audio will be DD 5.0 (no LFE track). The extras will include a gag reel, "selected scene commentary" with Kermit, a behind-the-scenes featurette, On the Set with Kermit, and bonus trailers".

see u later

MuppetDanny

Foreignman

Reaction score
Wow! Sounds like a great DVD, thanks MuppetDanny, for the information. I now have really mixed feelings about September 3rd. On one hand it's the day when school starts again, for me, on the other hand Kermit's Swamp Years comes out... I guess this is just a spoon full of sugar to help the medecine go down.

petrieboy

Reaction score
First Day of School/Kermit Swamp Years

Hey Foreignman...

If I were you, I'd treasure the first day of school this year. I am 25, out of school, and I can only dream of going back (I hated it at the time.) If I were back in (high school) I know that I'd walk over to the Book store during my lunch break to buy it and life would feel good.

Do you think that Henson made it such a nice dvd because of everyone's requests, or it was already planned like that?

Peter

Foreignman

Reaction score
It's not so much that I don't like school, school can be great, it's just that I love summer, especially because I'm going to a theatre arts camp this summer. Anyway, I think that Henson is giving us such a great DVD because they care about their products, and they care about us, the fans. I think that Henson has always had a very high level of quality to their products (movies, TV shows, toys) and they are just trying to continue to produce things with that level of quality.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
To Foreignman

My pleasure, One thing that puzzles me is that it says "selected scene commentary with Kermit" Why couldn't it have full length commentry like the other dvds? Any way I can't wait to see this film :smile:

Catch you all later

MuppetDanny

RovingReporter

Reaction score
Kermit's Swamp Years Extras

Hiddey Ho there! This is my first ever post on the muppetcentral forums, so I'll try to make it a good one!

I go to film school in Orlando and am being taught by a number of people who actually worked on the set of "Kermit's Swamp Years" (which I myself refer to as "The Frog from the Bog." This being the case, I've already seen a lot of the extras that are going to be included on the DVD release. The outtakes are hilariously funny, with Steve Whitmire and Bill Barretta cracking jokes and having fun at every turn. It's amazing any work got done at all! There's a great part where a pig is chasing Kermit and the pig keeps getting the bait they were using to lure it. Very funny stuff. The song about being a pet is fantastic and reminds me a lot of the stuff they used to do on the original muppet show, such as the gypsy song with Peter Sellers. The most fantastic story from the set was when a number of grips and the rest of the crew started singing along to the song and soon the entire soundstage was alive with muppet madness. This is going to be a great movie because it's obvious a lot of heart went into it.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Hi there, and welcome to the madness that is Muppet Central.

The extras sound great, I can't wait to see them!

:big_grin:

DonnaMusic

Reaction score
To Foreignman (also)

Hi Foreignman,
What theater arts camp are you going to? Just curious, I went to an arts camp in the Adirondacks for 7 years and it was the best experience of my life. I also know a lot of people who have been to other popular theater camps. Where in NY are you from? I don't post that much, I'm Jennifer. I'm from Westchester, now living in NYC. I'm looking forward to seeing Kermit's Swamp Years on STARZ.

-Jennifer

Thog

Reaction score
Re: To Foreignman (also)

Originally posted by DonnaMusic
I went to an arts camp in the Adirondacks for 7 years and it was the best experience of my life
Hey Jennifer,

What camp did you go to? I'm from Potsdam NY which isn't that far from the Adirondacks and I worked at a summer stock theater up there calle Music Theater North.

Dan

Foreignman

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm from Manhattan, and the camp I'm going to is called Usdan. It's in Long Island (I have no idea where in Long Island), so it's probably not the one you, Donnamusic, or Thog are reffering to. It's actually a camp for all the arts, theatre, art, dance, voice, etc... But I'm majoring in theatre... Can't wait, I start tommorow!