Sideshow/Weta "bust"-ing Their Butts

uncleduke

Reaction score
As many of you know, I have a small online store (www.boxingcow.com) and an even smaller physical shop -

On the 4th of December, we received our Series 4 Muppet Busts (Zoot is phenomenal, easily one of the best busts yet produced, and he seems pretty darn limited, too!).

Anyway, the point of this post is: we got invoiced yesterday for the Fifth (and last) series of busts, due for shipping on the 8th!! 4 Days after the fourth wave!

I don't know what this means, Perhaps they (Sideshow) only has the license until the end of 2003 or something, but I have been doing this for more years than I care to recall, and have never seen any company release 2 waves of merchandise within the same month (let alone same week).

So if anyone wants any of these 8 characters (Animal, Dr. Teeth, Miss Piggy, Crazy Harry, Zoot, Lew, Fozzie and Beau), you might want to move on them - if not from me, check your local comic shop....

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It seems to definitely be the case that Sideshow needed to get these out by the end of 2003 under the terms of their contract.

This original release even mentions that they will be producing the busts throughout the end of 2003.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2002/021102.shtml

Luke

Reaction score
wow - invoicing stores for two waves without warning is pretty terrible. Must put quite a dent in the budget for the smaller guys.

uncleduke

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
It seems to definitely be the case that Sideshow needed to get these out by the end of 2003 under the terms of their contract.

This original release even mentions that they will be producing the busts throughout the end of 2003.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2002/021102.shtml
That's kind of what I was thinking - if they can only produce them til the end of this year - it'll be tough to fill in the holes in your collecion.

See, the way they have been doing it so far: Take Beaker for example. The run is limited to 5,000 pieces. So, the commission the factory to make 1,000. When those sell out the make 1,000 more.

So, if their license only allows them to make them through 2003, it will pretty much be "what you see, is what you get" - the Zoots come in cases of 3, all the ones I got in were numbered ###/147 - that's less than 500 pieces! And if they can't make anymore, it would seem Zoot is primed for secondary market gold (again).
:cool:

tomahawk

Reaction score
question for uncle duke

I was wondering how much you are selling the busts for and if you may be able to hold a Zoot for me until the 15th of Dec? Thanks, James

uncleduke

Reaction score
Answer For Tomahawk

tomahawk said:
I was wondering how much you are selling the busts for and if you may be able to hold a Zoot for me until the 15th of Dec? Thanks, James
Sure, that shouldn't be a problem - I am selling him for 15% off the $60.00 retail price - $51.00 (plus shipping). Just let me know when you want to move on it.

~Just so you know, if you wanted him for Christmas, that's cutting it a little close....

tomahawk

Reaction score
Great!!!

I would achually like to send the payment on the 15th. Do you have Paypal? Getting Zoot by X-mas is not an issue since it will be a present to myself.
Thanks, James :cool:

uncleduke

Reaction score
No problem, just send me an email through the board, and I will send you a Paypal link for the total...

tomahawk

Reaction score
Thanks

COOL!!! :cool: Thanks Uncle Duke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!