Anyone have Muppet Tattoos?

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
jediX said:
As much as I love Muppets or Star Wars, I'd NEVER get a tattoo of them
I'm with jediX - I'm not a tatoo fan myself BUT I do like as art form :smile:. I remember a while back of a guy who was bold (spelling ?) and had a pony tail behind his head and under the pony tail is quite a BIG tatto Animal with his drum sticks (The one from Of Muppets & Men Book under Frank's name) and I thought "that's pretty cool" :wink:

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
well... here are some that I would SO never get, but I think as a art are very cool (they were inspired by Brian Froud, the guy who drew and designed the worlds of the Labyrinth and Dark Crystal) http://www.worldoffroud.com/www/froudians/frdtattoos/index.cfm
They cange from time to time :smile: too colorful for me, you also would have to find a VERY good tattoo artist, or I would SO not trust them!

jediX

Reaction score
Yea, it works well on some people and on others it looks just plain weird. I prefer henna... I would NEVER get a permanant tattoo. I got a henna Calvin from Calvin&Hobbes a few years ago :smile:

janicegroupie

Reaction score
I was so excited when I saw this thread because I have so wanted to get a tatoo for a while but I'm really afraid of the pain. I'll probably end up getting it eventually because I know exactly what I want. Kermit's smiling face kinda like this :smile: with the Jim Henson signature underneath on the right side of my lower back. I just have get myself to get the courage to.

Jennifer12

Reaction score
Be cautious...

Boober_Baby said:
But here's a question to my fellow tattooers: Do you find once you get one tattoo you feel this uncontrolable urge to cover your entire body with tattoos? I can't stop myself! I'm already in the middle of planning my third one.

^_^ Debo
I've heard a lot of people say that once they get one they want more. I got one when I was 21. (Not muppet-related.) Its on my shoulder blade. Now I'm 31 and I wish I'd either had it put somewhere else or not done it at all. At the time I got it I showed it off a lot. Now I work in a very conservative company and I have spent the last 5 years being careful that it can't be seen through my blouses. It showed a little bit with my halloween costume last week and this dorky guy made a big deal about it. Now half the company knows about it. It's not that I'm embarrassed, but I hate having to answer stupid questions about it. I see it as something personal and not anyone else's business. If I'd been more intelligent at 21, I might have realized that I wouldn't always want the attention it brings.

I'm not telling anyone else to get a tattoo or not get one. My only advice to anyone thinking about doing it is make sure it's a design you really, really want to live with. Sometimes when you're young you can't imagine that circumstances will change, but they do. Your own opinions about things will change over your lifetime, so spend a LOT of time thinking about living in your body before you design it.

Now I shall step off my soapbox.

Jennifer

1ann4kermie

Reaction score
I have a total of 5 tats so far. I completely understand feelings either way for them. I get asked advise alot about tattoos and getting them. I always urge the person to think about it for at least 6 months if not more, I urge them to draw something similar in permant marker in the place they are thinking so they can live with it for a little while. I discourage getting them on the arms/hands or neck up.....its seems that those are the ones people seem to regret. I always say "never tattoo anybodys name unless it is yours, your child, or a parent. All of mine are special...they have meaning. My first is of kermit....alot like the smilie, but with a body extention...and the Jim Henson sig underneath-I got that one just after I left my first husband...that was beating me. (Plus ever since I can remember-dad vouches for me--I said that I wanted a tattoo of kermit. My 2nd is a pansy with the words "In loving memory of L.L.M."--my mom who died 11 years ago, suddenly, with no illness. Then a buzzard that my dad and I got together, when he passes (hopefully years from now) I will have his name and certain dates put with it. When I left my second husband for making babies with another woman, came my fourth one...a butterfly in flight with a trail of stars and clouds after...I designed myself....it represents my strength I didn't know I had and the freedom I finally felt. Then I had a very close friend die, and got my last one in memory of her...we both liked unicorns, stars and purple.

So my advise to anyone that is thinking about it: think long and hard, don't go and get it after a day of deciding. Research your tattoo artist-don't go to the closest shop and point to a design and get it--instead go to every shop in town, and some outside, ask questions about safety, ask to see a photo book of the work the person has done. Be orginal and get a design of your own creation....a good tattoo artist will be really eager to do something orginal.....even if is an alteration of something from the wall. Stay away from names--mostly a boyfriend/girlfriend or a friend. Never let a friend or the artist talk you into something you don't want--do it for you.

It is intresting how long tattoos have come. I have only had my kermit for 7 years--when I first got it, I got lots of horrible looks and rude comments. Then as time went on, I get more and more positive comments. It seems that alot of people are changing their opinions on them....that although it may not be for that individual, they understand and respect the fact that it is for me. More and more people are realizing that it is an art form...and one of the few ways of self expression left-----even though it might not be for them. I respect and understand almost all opinions...the one I have problem with....not respecting that persons right or thinking that they are less of a person in some way because of the tattoo......when I run across the few like that I just go about my business....listen to the opinion, and go about my life because everyone is entitled. Just in case anyone is wondering my age....30 in 3 months (YEA!),

Now I feel like I have rattled on WAY too much. It is really cool the respect that everyone here seems to give and get. And I thank people for that.

Ann

JamieDenny

Reaction score
When i was 16 I started buying tattoo mags because I wanted one sooo badly, anyhow I was on holiday with a friend of mine, and she booked me an apppointment and I went and had one done.
I love my tattoo but not in a great i have a tattoo way, i just think it looks v sexy on my arm and I wonder how i did without it.
:flirt:
Jamie

misspiggyfan

Reaction score
muppet tattoos are the best

I have to say that having a muppet tattoo is way cool I have miss piggy on my lower back. She's lying on her stomach with her feet kicked up in the air in her purple dress and balck gloves and heels. I'm thinking of getting kermit on the other side looking at her with little hearts coming up from his head. I would totally reccomend a muppet tattoo to any one intrested their a great conversation piece. :mad: