Cats Don't Dance

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Zack the Dog said:
Hey Manda! i ment to tell you! long ago,well not too-too long ago, but I think it was you who posted in my All Dogs go to Heaven thread. i ment to reply back but some how i lost that thread, umm i don't remember what i wrote, but i'm glad you love that movie as well :smile:

zachary,
Yes, I love that movie. But it's a Don Bluth film, and he brought us A LOT of great animated movies....(OK, and a lot of bad ones...)

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Manda:-D said:
Yes, I love that movie. But it's a Don Bluth film, and he brought us A LOT of great animated movies....(OK, and a lot of bad ones...)
Hi Manda,

Yes i know it's a Bluth flim, which movies do you consider bad one's of his? I like Rockadoodle, The land before time, the secret of Nimi, and an american tale but All Dogs the most.

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Secret of NIMH is myn favorite of his, followed by American Tale, Land Before Time, & All Dogs go to Heaven. Don Bluth's BAD films include, in my opinion, Troll in Central Park and We're Back. :boo:

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
We're Back.
That's not a Don Bluth movie. It was actually done by Amblimation...but yes, it was really bad.

I'm not a Bluth fan at all...his films are way too overemotional and heavy-handed for my tastes. In fact, the only non-Disney animated film (heck, recent animated film, period) I actually like is Cats Don't Dance.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Jeffrey Gray said:
That's not a Don Bluth movie. It was actually done by Amblimation...but yes, it was really bad.

I'm not a Bluth fan at all...his films are way too overemotional and heavy-handed for my tastes. In fact, the only non-Disney animated film (heck, recent animated film, period) I actually like is Cats Don't Dance.

Yeah both those movies were bad, it's a shame Dom Deliuse had to star in A Troll In Central Park, Dom is great with Itchy Itchiford the dog, Tiger the cat and Jermey the crow in some of the other Bluth Flims.

Back about Cat's Don't Dance, There's a funny thing at the end of the credits which says "No animals we're harmed in the making of this flim but some had to be erased and re drawn again." :smile:

My favortie characters are TW Turtle voiced by Don Notts, Tilly the Hippo, Danny the cat and Cranston the goat. The movie spoof posters at the end are a hoot! :big_grin: Darla Dimple and Max are get villians too! You gotta love that musical endding!

TW: "They can smash your cookie...but you'll always have your fortuion." :wink:

Zach,

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
I like all of that.

My only complaint is that Flanigan the director had to (unknowingly) ruin the kiss between Danny and Sawyer. :boo: I remember seeing this scene in the theater, and being absolutely DEVASTATED, as I had been anticipating the kiss between the two since I visited the website and found out that they'd fall in love by the end.

Silly, I know, but hey, this was over 6 years ago...

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Ha! I love Don Knotts! And I just remembered that he was in that!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
LOL! I didn't think of it as a big deal but i guess they should have kissed after it. Hey is that website still alive or gone with the wind?

Zachary,

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Secret of NIMH is myn favorite of his, followed by American Tale, Land Before Time, & All Dogs go to Heaven. Don Bluth's BAD films include, in my opinion, Troll in Central Park and We're Back. :boo:
I love Don Bluth. Secret of NIMH is great, as is American Tale and its sequel. I love Land Before Time, though I think there have been way too many sequels to that. All Dogs Go to Heaven was good. Never saw Troll in Central Park, but I agree We're Back was kinda lousy. I wasn't crazy about Thumbelina either, and Rock-a-Doodle was so-so. I *loved* Anastasia, however.
Erin