Muppet Film and TV References

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
This one technically is a book reference, not a TV reference, but in one of the Maximum Ride novels(I'm almost certain it was "The Final Warning), Fang claims he would like to be a scientist like "Dr. Bunsen Burner from that kids' show with the Muppets". I started laughing as soon as I read that.
:confused::eek:

Leyla

Reaction score
You know, come to think of it, I have a reference to report. I was watching a funny video by Steven Crowder on YouTube, hunting for Stimulous on the road. So he and a buddy go on a road trip, and naturally the song they are singing and bobbing along to is "Moving Right Along."

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
<laughs> Gelfing Girl... you are too cute. I love it!
Thanks :smile: BTW: on one of those videos, it was on Family Feud during "Fast Money", and the question was "Who is your favorite Muppet?" and :mad: was the #1 answer, not Kermit. I was a bit surprised by that one.

Leyla

Reaction score
You're welcome! and that's great about Piggy! She was the mainstay waaaaay back in the day really. As much as I love Kermit... she was the attention getter in the non-obsessed fan world.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I can't remember exactly when this was, but I was listening to a local morning radio talk show, and the two women are obsessed with the Twilight series, so the guys made a list of the top 5 greatest vampires (that didn't include any Twilight characters) and one of them was :batty:

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
On the new Robot Chicken last night, they had a sketch based off of The Dark Crystal. The "henson people" wanted to make the sequal more modern to sell it to theaters, so they had Jen rapping about Dark Kristal (drink, I don't know how to spell it exactly), and alot of the characters from the movies made apperances thoughout the rap (Kira, Skeksies, Augra, Podlings, Fizzgigs, Mystics, and even Landstrieders I think). Then at the end of it, The producers were drinking something, and (I think) died from it. Also at the end, they were looking at a picture of Jim Henson. I wish I could remeber more, but thats it.

MuppetMazz

Reaction score
(not TV or movie but) Newsarama had an interview about the new Pixie Marvel comic series. Pretty obscure reference there I think as I wouldn't imagine Wayne and Wanda being casual fan material.

Nrama: Word on the street has it that a major X-villain is Pixie's father? Care to whet the appetites of knowledge hungry X-fans with a hint or two?u2028

Immonen: She’s not a mutant. She’s a muppet. Her parents are actually Wayne and Wanda, the singing duo.