Your Thoughts: "Songs From The Street" Box Set

Hays

Reaction score
Just got my copy and can't tell you how much I'm enjoying it...makes me remeber being a kid...I really hope they do the video counterpart; love how the dialogue is listed in the lyrics as well as the words to the songs.

My advice to all fans - buy, buy, buy! - make sure your percentage of the profits go back to the Street!

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Be Yourself, the original version with Kingston Livingston III. That's obviously his best appearance and song.

Amen, brother, amen.

Hays

Reaction score
Have you all looked at the terrific liner notes - a real history of SS music - by none other than Christopher Cerf! I didn't know he worked for Between the Lions, too - or that his segway into SS was through Harvard Lampoon!

Ssetta must be happy!

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, I'm not. There's a lot of stuff they don't have on here that I think they should!

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
By the way, the set is now at 3 on Amazon's best seller's list. Simply wonderful that it is so high. Hopefully if this sells well, we might see a follow-up release of some kind.
Not gonna bother with this box, I don't think...I was a little disappointed once I read the track details here on the site, but I'm glad it's selling well. I WOULD like to see a PROPER (ahem, that is filled with hard to find and ORIGINAL recordings) box set come out, as this one just has WAY too much of the new stuff on it. That stuff is going to be accessible for a lot longer than the oldies, I'm sure, so I believe it was a waste. Too bad, nice concept.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Saw just the tail end of a commercial announcing the selling of the CD set yesterday afternoon on Toon Disney. The only bit I got to hear was the theme, which sounded like the classic version sung by the kids from the 1980's, and the announcer stating to call the number on the screen. Let you guys know when I've seen the commercial in its entirety how it sounded.

Lemonzinger

Reaction score
Hays said:
Have you all looked at the terrific liner notes - a real history of SS music - by none other than Christopher Cerf! I didn't know he worked for Between the Lions, too - or that his segway into SS was through Harvard Lampoon!
On that note, I might add that in the mid 90's, Rhino released a boxed set of CDs from the National Lampoon Radio Hour. Along with some really funny sketches, there is a track sung by Christopher Cerf called "Little Miss Muffett" and another track called "Steppin' On A Spaniel" that sounds exactly like the guy who sang the song "funny Face" on Sesame Street (you know, the one with all of the monkey footage from a zoo).

If any of this has been mentioned before, I do apologize.

Rich

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
:sleep: : "Well, what did you think of the Sesame Street box?"
:boo: : "Beats this theatre box!"
:boo: & :sleep: : "DOHHHHHHHHH, HO HO HO!"