Votes: 1 33.3%
  • meh

• bad

• Total voters

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
So everyone who has seen Captain Marvel what did you think? I thought it was pretty good nothing fantastic but nothing bad. The best parts were the skrulls and nick fury. I felt captain marvel herself was kinda boring.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Though I'm not pleased with the "completely overpowered superhero" trope, I did appreciate the fem-empowerment message, and the upending of at least two other common action film tropes (particularly the "boss fight" at the end). I haven't read the comics, so I don't know how the writers have kept the character from being unstoppable/boring. But LOVED the cat, and Fury having to take a backseat, and !Young Phil!

I am especially impressed with how well the writers and Kevin Feige have maintained the continuity of the MCU from one story to the next. Curious to see how Captain Marvel fits into Endgame. Avoiding ALL trailers and spoilers for that like the plague.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
As cheesy as it was back in the 70's, people my age still have a soft spot for the Saturday morning production of "Shazam". To see some of the low-tech effects today, some of you would die laughing.
Jason Bostwick, who played Captain Marvel, had a beer gut and could barely run, let alone fly. When he did fly, the chroma-key effect was so fake you could see the thick blue lines around him.
Another shoestring budget job from the good folks at Filmation (Saturday morning shows done cheap). But when you're only six years old, it didn't matter. We still ate it up.