For those who think McDonalds sponsoring Sesame Street is unusual

D'Snowth

Reaction score
McDonald's is looong overdue for a new slogan. I remember as a kid, they changed it constantly: "Good Food, Good Value," "Do You Believe In Magic?" "Did Somebody Say [McDonald's]?" and "We Love To See You Smile" are some of the slogans I remember them using before they went with "I'm Lovin' It." I'm pretty sure "I'm Lovin' It" is old enough to be someone's father by now.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
They could just as well bring back one of their older slogans and still get by with it, seeing as everything old is new again. I wonder how far back they'll go? "You deserve a break today"? "McDonalds is our kind of place"? "It's a good time for the great taste of McDonalds"?

MWoO

Reaction score
But that was back when it wasn't known just how unhealthy McDonald's is for your child.
I miss the good old days when kids could eat crap and just be happy about it. I remeber going to the local McDonalds, getting a happy meal, and just having fun with a neat toy. Then I would bring my ninja turtles to my friends house and pretend to engage in violent battle or use lego pieces to build proton blasters from Ghostbusters. Back before everything was bad for you.

Life before knowledge was great.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
Remember when Happy Meals used to actually come with treats such as cookies shaped like the McDonaldland characters and stuff like that?
Oh man, don't even get me started on McDonaldland Cookies! Mom and I are still to this day disappointed in their decision to remove them. They were so good, cause they weren't just plain old shortbread cookies, they had a bit of a vanilla and cinnamon thing going on. They were perfect, but now they are nothing more than a memory. :cry: