Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

MWoO

Reaction score
Or in Star Wars' case, the Last Jedi, which I really didn't think it was that bad compared to what a vocal minority preached it to be. And I mean the toxicity there is ridiculously worse than ours.
I'm not a HUGE Star Wars fan, but I do like it. To me, Last Jedi had great ideas with poor execution. The idea that Luke turned away from the force because he had given into fear is awesome, imo. He feared Ben would turn into the next Vader, so he went to stop it before it happened. He realized by killing Ben in cold blood he himself would become like Vader so he stopped, but it was too late and Luke caused the very thing he tried to stop. Believing that no matter what he did he would never be free of his father's dark legacy, he decided to isolate himself and his abilities so that he would not be turned. That's pretty awesome. But... then the had him toss Anakin's light saber over his shoulder in a comedic fashion... and then they had him living on a planet with weird fish people... and then they had him milk a giant alien boob for blue milk.... and then they had him cracking jokes... They ruined a great idea in execution.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's amusing to now see the same complaint about Steve being hurled at Matt that he "doesn't get Kermit's head shape right."

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
They’re just looking for an excuse to complain about Matt’s Kermit.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I still find the whole "head shape" complaint in regards to both he and Steve to be a tad ridiculous. Yes, the way Jim shaped Kermit's head with his hand played a factor, but we also have to keep in mind something: no two puppets of the same character are ever going to be 100% exactly the same - we may prefer the certain appearance of a specific puppet over others, but they can never be exact clones of another as we wish . . . I hate the shape of Big Bird's head right now, it has way too many feathers, making his head look way too gianormous, but I just have to suck it up and accept this is what the current Big Bird puppet looks like.

In regards to Matt's performance as Kermit, I think he has gotten better at capturing Kermit's inflections and mannerisms, but the voice still sounds too much like a Matt Vogel voice (though not quite Constantine) than it does a Kermit voice, to me.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
At this point, people are going to keep coming back to it. It’s stickied. Simple as that.
I will always miss Steve, but Matt has really proven himself as a worthy successor. Plus I hope this means a new muppet show is on the way! With how successful the live shows have been it would be dumb of Disney to not do a new muppets show.