Remembering Jim Henson, 28 years after May 16, 1990

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
He was a busy man, almost not a lot of time at home, but he was a nice man with a lot of ingenuity.
This is something that always stuns me: I work a full-time job and it never seems like I have any time to myself, and here's a guy who was busy 24/7; I'm sure he enjoyed his work more than I do, but it's daunting to lead a life like that. You essentially have to sacrifice everything; it isn't for everyone.

Prof Bunsen

Reaction score
I'm sure he enjoyed his work more than I do, but it's daunting to lead a life like that. You essentially have to sacrifice everything; it isn't for everyone.
I agree. Jim worked ALL THE TIME. Not much of a break. That's how he coped with his brother's fatal accident. All he had to do was keep on working. And as you said, it meant a lot of sacrifice, including an eventual separation from Jane in the 1980s. He was almost never home and when he was it was during hiatuses from production.

GrouchFanatic

Reaction score
I was 6 weeks old when Jim died & yet I miss him every single day. He was a saint, that man. I would give anything to bring him back to life, so that he could save the Muppets from the evil clutches of Disney & immediately give them to Sesame Workshop, which is exactly what Jane & the kids should’ve done!! RIHP FOREVER JIM HENSON!! I miss you every single day!!

:smile::sympathy::big_grin::hungry::sleep::news::stick_out_tongue::jim:Link Hogthrob
Convincing John Cantus the Minstrel

GrouchFanatic

Reaction score
You know he was the one who initiated selling them to Disney, and probably would've went through with it as well if he was still alive?
Yes but Jan Nelson, Jerry Nelson’s widow told me that he tried to get out of that deal before he died; proof that he knew it was a bad idea