Your Thoughts: Muppet Central Radio on Radionomy

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinkTribeChick

Reaction score
With regards to adding the Fraggle Rock cover album “Here To There”...you may not want to air the version of “Why” from the album on the station. I bought the album last week, but listened to it fully for the first time today. Imagine my surprise when halfway through thru the song an f-bomb was dropped. I rolled the track back to make sure I wasn’t just hearing things - but it was there, plain as day.
I imagine my fellow listeners don’t want to hear that kind of language in a Fraggle song any more than I do. I’ve already deleted the track off my iPod. I just wanted to give y’all a heads up, in case you weren’t already aware.

SesameFever

Reaction score
why was Muppet Central Radio playing Songs from the Tron Soundtrack??? That is not muppets.

fragglevision

Reaction score
It's deliberate dayparting. There are many songs that play at specific times of the day based on content like morning, lunch, night, etc. so that you hear particular songs around the time of day that you're experiencing.

Keep in mind, this is based on CST/EST time, so the further your timezone is away from this, the less impact this will have.
ah, this is the first time I've heard about this! when did you start?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ah, this is the first time I've heard about this! when did you start?
Dayparting has been in effect since we joined Radionomy in January 2016.

There are also many seasonal songs that play throughout the year as well. Holiday songs have been in rotation since the station debuted eighteen years ago.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
So why is MC Radio playing Bing Crosby's version of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen"? Like, it's 9 months til Christmas. :confused:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
So why is this track playing?

PeopleMover - Tron Light Cycles

Is it even related to Muppets?

SesameFever

Reaction score
So why is this track playing?

PeopleMover - Tron Light Cycles

Is it even related to Muppets?
it is like I know the Muppets are Disney now but now MCR is playing anything Disney not just muppet releated stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.