Your dream TV show music settings.

Harleena

Reaction score
I mentioned a magical girl show I made up on another thread…I'd love for "Bring it On" by PuffyAmiYumi to be the opening theme
and "EVER" by Gackt as the ending theme, maybe?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Getting back to ranting about 90s synth music, while SEINFELD has one of the most iconic theme songs ever, the series' music scoring is otherwise rather annoying - it very much has a computerized/MIDI sound to it, and I hate MIDI.
Well, it essentially was just slap bass over a beat. They just seemed to use variations of that most of the time. I don't think they'd bother with a huge orchestra for a series like that. it's supposed to sound minimal.

Ironically, the German dub of HOGAN'S HEROES replaces all of its music with MIDI versions of it, for some reason.
Easier to dub, I guess. Probably similar to some of the American anime dubs for kid's shows, as they probably have to edit things down.
Even though it's '90s synth-sounding as all get-out, I admit to liking Adventures of Sonic's BGM, more so than SatAM's.
As much as I do like SatAm's sound, Adventures had the chance to be more fanciful and goofy (as its tone), and wilder music isn't completely out of place. It somehow manages to continue DIC's long tradition of wacky and serious toned music to fit in a single series all the while reusing it in a way that you actually love to hear that it's in an episode. Seriously. Watch Heathclif, Inspector Gadget, Super Mario Super Show (etc) and just enjoy the music. You'll always have a favorite theme and love to hear it pop up, even if they overuse the heck out of it. That's rare for a bank soundtrack series.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I'd like to see Chuck Lorre return to cartoon scoring. I enjoyed his work on the original TMNT, particularly the menacing theme used for the Technodrome and the Channel 6 News fanfare.

As much as I do like SatAm's sound, Adventures had the chance to be more fanciful and goofy (as its tone), and wilder music isn't completely out of place. It somehow manages to continue DIC's long tradition of wacky and serious toned music to fit in a single series all the while reusing it in a way that you actually love to hear that it's in an episode. Seriously. Watch Heathclif, Inspector Gadget, Super Mario Super Show (etc) and just enjoy the music. You'll always have a favorite theme and love to hear it pop up, even if they overuse the heck out of it. That's rare for a bank soundtrack series.
That's the thing I don't mind about soundtrack banks: it's easier to grow attached to the tracks because of their constant re-use. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'd like to see Chuck Lorre return to cartoon scoring. I enjoyed his work on the original TMNT, particularly the menacing theme used for the Technodrome and the Channel 6 News fanfare.
Chuck Lorre did the music for the original TMNT?!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Chuck Lorre did the music for the original TMNT?!
So... you didn't get the joke from 2 and a Half Men when Charlie played the theme song to a confused Jake?

Yeah. Chuck did some cartoon music and writing. I think he also did Toxic Crusaders music as well (same production company).

Personally, I'm a bigger fan of Shuki Levy, but Chuck's TMNT score was pretty good. Actually, I associate Levi so hard with Dic (heh hard with Dic) and Saban that his one strange outing on He-Man and She-Ra feel off. Watching He-Man for the first time as an adult years back there was something strange about Filmation visuals and DIC sounding music.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I'm impressed that the Veggietales videos, particularly ones like An Easter Carol, were able to wrangle up a live orchestra for its musical scores. Must be from all the sales of the vids and other merchandising from the lucrative Christian market that they were able to utilize that. :smile:

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
*bump*

For my cartoon series, I'd like the music to be very groovy, like a funk-house-electro blend, with a jazzy touch.