Not open for further replies.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
OK, so the full voice cast has been announced:
Kermit: Matt Danner
Miss Piggy: Melanie Harrison
Fozzie: Eric Bauza
Gonzo: Ben Diskin
Animal: Dee Bradley Baker (great choice IMO)
Summer Penguin: Jessica DiCicco
Nanny: Jenny Slate
Also, looks like Scooter, Skeeter, Sam the Eagle, Sweetums, and possibly Lew Zealand could make appearances in the future.

Schfifty

Reaction score
I had a hunch Dee would get the role for Animal. And it's funny that knowing his specialty is doing animal noises, he gets to play the character that's aptly-named. :smile:

I am a little disappointed that none of the original actors are returning this time, but I guess it's okay. They probably wanted to have a new cast in order to keep it fresh for the new generation.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Dee Bradley Baker as Animal?

Called it! :smile:

I am a little disappointed that none of the original actors are returning this time, but I guess it's okay. They probably wanted to have a new cast in order to keep it fresh for the new generation.
Not to mention Disney probably wants this show to last a good long while, so they're going with a younger cast. Not to mention the cost of hiring Frank Welker.

Last edited:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I'd like to share some funny thoughts from Muppet podcasters about this.
Steve Swanson: I love Muppet Babies, and I'm worried that they're gonna take something as cool as the Muppet Babies and turn it into a pre-schoolifed Micky Mouse Clubhouse version of this property.
JD Hansel: Here's what we know so far: No sign of Scooter, Skeeter or Rowlf or Bunsen, Beaker or Bean. We don't know about them yet.
Steve: Well, Bunsen, Beaker and Bean can be left out.
JD: Uh, OK. Wow, really? With Bean too, your favorite?
Steve: Well, the reason I say that is because, Bean wasn't brought in till the final season. He didn't even exist as a character for the beginning of the show.
JD: Also Nanny will be revamped as the younger, hipper Miss Nanny.
Steve: No, please tell me you made that up!
JD: I didn't.
Steve: See, we're done. We're done! You know what? Nothing in life makes me happier than being proven wrong. If this turns out to be a great show, I will very happily watch it and I'll be happy it's out there. I'm just worried that this isn't gonna be the show we wanna see.
JD: Now I can't talk about this as passionately as I would like to, cause I didn't grow up with Muppet Babies. I caught a couple episodes of it on a VHS tape as a kid, thought it was fine, wasn't wild about it, and as I got older I tried to watch episodes on YT, can't really get into it. While it's visually a very creative show, a lot of the writing of the dialogue just doesn't grab me.
Steve: How dare you, sir?!
JD: A lot of the writing of the dialogue just seems like regular '80s kid show dialogue.
Steve: You know what? Just go!
JD: But apart from that, there's a lot of creativity there. There was one time where one of them dressed as Spider-Man and talked to the real Stan Lee as he was developing the comic that the character was in. And weird stuff like that I really appreciate. So there's a lot of creativity that I hope they'll keep up. But apart from that, I don't see what it is about Muppet Babies that makes it an exceptionally Muppety production or even a particularly funny one.
Steve: Well, that's your fault, sir!
JD: I didn't grow up with it, I don't have the nostalgia. I did not choose when I was born.
Steve: Okay, well I don't love it, just cause it's a Muppet property, because I'm not a huge fan of the Fraggle Rock animated series.
JD: Yeah, I never watched it.
Steve: I just don't wanna see them take something that they could really kinda mess up. Think back to when ABC announced they were gonna do a new Muppet series, we were all really happy about that, and rightly so because, they took the characters and did something different. And they very clearly said, we're gonna do something new and different with these characters. But to my knowledge, they didn't do that with this, I mean they're gonna add a character and that's fine, but it's kinda hard to explain, but I was more comfortable with them making a new Muppet series than I am with them making a new Muppet Baby series.
JD: Yeah, that's fair.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I didn't think I see Eric Bauza as the new Baby Fozzie. :embarrassed:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One thing I'm surprised about (and surprised I didn't think about sooner) is that, as far as we know, there's not going to be a Baby Pepe.

Status
Not open for further replies.