Robin photo puppet project.

Ecl

Reaction score
I figure I’ll share my recent Robin build! I made it as a “photo puppet”, so he has interior wiring armature for posing. However, I tried to use references of the performance puppet in an attempt to better capture his personality, as the actual Robin photo puppet looks pretty different than the hand one. I can finally post on this forum after having signed up a million years ago and not being able to post haha! I’ll share pics of my Kermit puppet build that I made last year, in a different thread.

I’m actually just finishing up Version 2 this weekend, as I had the itch to see if I could improve on it. It turned out almost the same, but with very subtle differences to his body and head shape; a bit more puffy looking. Below are few in progress pics, nearly done, but I still need to paint in the line on the tongue and a few other small finish touches.

Last edited:

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Wow, this looks great! I build puppets, but I'm nowhere near as good as you are! :excited:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
WOW, these are amazing! If I didn't know any better, i'd say you got these straight from the Henson Workshop!

Ecl

Reaction score
Thanks I really appreciate that! He was kind of a hard one to research—Kermit was much easier to study from photos—as there doesn’t seem to be a whole lot of good references of him. It’s always from an odd angle, or he’s wearing a bunch of clothing, etc. But I did the best I could to build an interpretation of him that I hoped would capture his character. I wanted him to look more like the show puppet than the actual photo puppet version of him—those look really puffy looking and different.

A few more photos of the second one I built.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Thanks I really appreciate that! He was kind of a hard one to research—Kermit was much easier to study from photos—as there doesn’t seem to be a whole lot of good references of him. It’s always from an odd angle, or he’s wearing a bunch of clothing, etc. But I did the best I could to build an interpretation of him that I hoped would capture his character. I wanted him to look more like the show puppet than the actual photo puppet version of him—those look really puffy looking and different.

A few more photos of the second one I built.

Fantastic, my friend!!:smile::excited::fanatic: