Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas 40th Anniversary DVD Release

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey yoouuuuuuu guuuuuys!!! *Insert Electric Company theme song.

:news: This is a braking Muppet News Flash!
According to the ToughPigs' website, a new DVD release of the perennial Christmas favorite, Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas written by Russell Hoben and produced by the Jim Henson Christmas in 1977 for its 40th anniversary this year.

Of note is the news that the scenes involving famed amphibian narrator Kermit The Frog will finally be added for the release. Further bonus features include Mrs. Mink's performance of her rousing song "Born In A Trunk", behind-the-scene and outtake footage, and perhaps though not confirmed the full version of the song "The One Bathing Suit".

This release comes just in time as a wonderful Christmas present for all Muppet fans. Especially those celebrating their 40th birthday a week after the special debuted on HBO.
:wink: :batty:

More news on when this release is scheduled to hit stores when we get it here at Muppet Central.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I will definitely be picking this up when it comes out. I'm now glad I waited to buy the DVDs, because now I can get the scenes with Kermit! :excited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Just be wary, it was confirmed at the TP forum that this is going to be cropped into widescreen, ala the ABC Family airing.

So, mixed blessing.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for that bit of news. Not sure the difference it'd make for my benefits should I end up buying it. If not, meh, I've got the memories and music anyway.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I hope this will warrant a DVD release of "The Christmas Toy" with the Kermit scenes intact.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
So has anyone bought this DVD yet? If so, is it worth it? In other words, are all 4 of the Kermit scenes on there?

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
So has anyone bought this DVD yet? If so, is it worth it? In other words, are all 4 of the Kermit scenes on there?
I brought a copy from Barnes and Noble yesterday. As far as the Kermit scenes go, it looks like just his appearances at the beginning and end are present- the other 2 scenes involving his narration are still taken out. A few other non Kermit scenes are brought back (such as Ma and Emmet's full dialogue before "There Ain't No Hole in the Washtub" (I just skimmed through the DVD, as opposed to watching it in its entirety). But what I'm really disappointed about is the picture quality. I'm not the only one though; read the comment posted on this article: https://muppet-stuff.blogspot.com/2017/10/emmet-otters-jug-band-christmas-40th.html

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I brought a copy from Barnes and Noble yesterday. As far as the Kermit scenes go, it looks like just his appearances at the beginning and end are present- the other 2 scenes involving his narration are still taken out. A few other non Kermit scenes are brought back (such as Ma and Emmet's full dialogue before "There Ain't No Hole in the Washtub" (I just skimmed through the DVD, as opposed to watching it in its entirety). But what I'm really disappointed about is the picture quality. I'm not the only one though; read the comment posted on this article: https://muppet-stuff.blogspot.com/2017/10/emmet-otters-jug-band-christmas-40th.html
Yeah. I got the DVD a few days ago. Still this is the best DVD of Emmet Otter in my opinion so far.