MGM Studios Muppets

Sweetums74

Reaction score
The "Once Upon A Toy" toy store in the Downtown Disney area also carries the Muppet figures and plushes.

Unfortunately, since Toys R Us quit carrying the figures and the EB stores in the area no longer carry any type of figure, it is hard to find them anywhere else in the area. I'm sure some local comic book stores have them.

C

Doglion

Reaction score
Ok, don't know what I was smokin' or what the heck I did wrong there LOL. I meant to say "Plushes" LOL.

towels

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm headed there in a couple weeks too and want to make sure I have enough in the souvenier budget...so any more info would be great!
:smile:

Doglion

Reaction score
ok, I ran back before my shift started yesterday and there are a few new things...

Pepe shirt...I'm not a shrimp I'm a King Prawn.
Muppet labs shirt with about 1009 Beakers on it and one Bunsen.
Kermit shirt...all green with just his eyes and mouth real big on the front.
Paddle ball with Fozzie on it ( you think it would be Sweetums).

Oh and by the way, the Chef playset is only $25!!

I'll be cheking the store all the time so I'll keep you all posted.

Reaction score
Hey Doglion, where are you working at the studios? I used to work various attractions there.

Doglion

Reaction score
I work in merchandise...all along left block, from Sids to the hub carts.

I got to work the Muppet store this week when I picked up a shift, I get to work there next week to!

Whoo hoo!!!

Reaction score
You must love that. :smile: I worked Muppet Vision while I was there and it was a thrill just to be in the environment. Can't count how many times I watched that movie. :big_grin: Are you working there as a CP?

Doglion

Reaction score
Started out that I was hired for seasonal, but they moved my status to part time the first day without my even knowing it. But right now we're all on mandatory 6 days.

Yeah, it's a lot of fun. Especially since I now get to go into the back stock rooms and see if there's anything hiding back there that isn't out on the floor being sold in the Muppet store :smile:

towels

Reaction score
I have to say, being there Monday was one of the most magical times of my life. Just as I was walking up (to be the first visitor of the day) the speakers were just getting to "Life's like a movie-write your own ending" which is my philosophy of life so that was very incredible. But I think the best part was just sitting in the theater and hearing all the laughter from all ages.
I only wish I had another $200 I could have spent to buy one of everything in the store... (and I was amused that they keep a tally sheet by the register to keep track of how many times people ask for Bean)

jeremyactor

Reaction score
Doglion - I work at the Studios as well... GMR and Area 4 Showkeeping... we should meet sometime.

Jeremy