cjd874

Reaction score
Number 78!

Sesame Street Old School Outline 78

Season 10: Big Bird’s opposites show

Sponsors: F, Z, 7

Scene 1/Insert: The Deadly Nightshade performs “Keep on the Sunny Side”

Cartoon: Sign Man – “BURP”

Muppets: Two aliens recite the alphabet (with futuristic music and film editing)

Cartoon: Flying Z in space

Scene 2: Olivia welcomes the viewer and notices that Big Bird is spinning around in the arbor area. It turns out that he’s trying to see what his back looks like. Olivia says that most people can’t see their backs. Big Bird doesn’t understand, so Olivia explains the difference between front and back, and how they’re opposites. Big Bird is fascinated by this concept and asks Olivia to list some opposites. Afterwards, he decides to stage an opposites show on Sesame Street.

Cartoon: Frankenstein learns about the meaning of front and back

Muppets: Grover the elevator operator shows front and back with his passengers

Film: The Mad Painter #7

Cartoon: Typewriter Guy – F is for Fly

Film: Three kids figure out how to retrieve a missing jack for their game of jacks. One girl uses a magnet, ties it to her friend’s string, and lowers the magnet to attract the jack.

Cartoon: Pinball Number Count #7

Muppets/Celebrity: Ray Charles performs “I’ve Got a Song” with Bert on bass guitar and Ernie on drums

Cartoon: A boy rescues a baby bird in distress. Later when the boy finds himself in trouble, the baby bird’s mother helps the boy.

Scene 3: Big Bird begins the show with the Count, who counts to 10 twice to show the difference between “fast” and “slow.” Olivia, Mr. Hooper, Luis, David, and several kids are in the audience.

Muppets/Song: Farley learns how to “Sound It Out” from Same Sound Brown (voiced by Northern Calloway)

Film: Adding and subtracting clothes on a clothesline

Cartoon: Filbert’s Flea Circus

Scene 4: Big Bird presents Herry Monster, who shows heavy and light. First he picks up a feather, which is light. Then he picks up a tall stack of bricks and holds it up until he falls under its weight, causing a massive crash.

Cartoon: A mouse tries to remember where he lost his pet elephant

Muppet/Kid Moment: Cookie Monster and Jason talk about LOVE

Cartoon/Song: “I Love Being a Pig” (written by Joe Raposo)

Film: Snow cones in the city

Cartoon: Two heads think of F words (Poverty Pictures)

Scene 5: Big Bird presents the Amazing Mumford, who shows in and out with help from his rabbit (played by Richard Hunt). The rabbit refuses to come out of the hat, so Mumford uses his magic wand. After a puff of smoke, the rabbit is still in the hat, so Mumford tempts him with a carrot. The rabbit hops out to munch on the carrot, thus showing “in” and “out.”

Cartoon: A boy figures out how to push a giant dollhouse through a narrow door

Film: Footage of birds on land

Muppets: Don Music writes “Mary Had a Bicycle” with help from Kermit the Frog

Muppet/Kid Moment: Grover and Heather count from 1-20

Cartoon: Two arms hug the word “LOVE”

Cartoon: Z is for Zipper (speech balloon)

Scene 6: Big Bird takes his turn with a birdseed milkshake prepared by “your friend and mine, Mr. Looper!” He shows that the glass is full, and then proceeds to make the glass empty by drinking the entire milkshake!

Muppets: Harvey Kneeslapper tries to trick someone by giving someone a high five while holding a joy buzzer. However, the trick backfires when Harvey’s would-be victim slaps a number 5 on Harvey’s chest instead!

Cartoon/Song: The Alligator King #7 (animation and vocals by Bud Luckey)

Celebrity: Edith Ann talks about a disgusting sandwich she made (featuring Lily Tomlin)

Film/Song: “Everybody Eats” (by Joe Raposo)

Muppets: Ernie has a banana in his ear. When Bert tries to point this out, Ernie says, “I can’t hear you Bert…I have a banana in my ear!” (part 1)

Cartoon: Z is for Zebu (consonant sound poem by Bud Luckey)

Muppets: Ernie explains that he has a banana in his ear to keep the alligators away. Bert says that there are no alligators on Sesame Street, and Ernie replies, “Right! It works pretty well, doesn’t it Bert?” (part 2)

Cartoon: 30 dots (perfect take)

Scene 7: Big Bird has one last demonstration. He says that the audience saw the beginning of the show, and now this is the end! Everyone applauds and cheers for Big Bird while Mumford and his rabbit announce the sponsors. SS sign still: Maria. CTW sign still: Gordon.

CAST:

Northern Calloway as David

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Alaina Reed as Olivia

Caroll Spinney as Big Bird

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:

Frank Oz as Grover, Bert, Cookie Monster, Harvey Kneeslapper, AMs

Jerry Nelson as the Count, Herry Monster, the Amazing Mumford, Farley, AMs

Richard Hunt as Don Music, Rabbit, AMs

Jim Henson as Ernie, Kermit the Frog, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
These are great. They sound like they could very well be real episodes.
Thank you very much @muppetgem ! I usually don't get written feedback from other users, so it's nice to see that people enjoy what I write. I want to restate something I told @sesamemuppetfan a while ago on this thread:

"I own the SS Old School 1 & 2 DVD sets and have watched them multiple times, and I've downloaded some of the classic episodes from iTunes. So while I'm definitely not the next Norman Stiles or Jerry Juhl, I feel that I've got a good sense of what kind of humor was used on the Street back in the day. And the SST Episode Guide on Muppet Wiki is a good source for finding cartoons, films, and Muppet sketches, too!" [EDIT: YouTube is also a great source too, especially with the recent abundance of complete vintage episodes.]

So as long as there's an audience and as long as I come up with ideas, I'll keep writing. I originally planned to stop after 40 outlines and now I'm working on my 80th (!!!) outline, which is coming soon. But for now, here's number 79 with a true fan-favorite Muppet who only appeared a handful of times during the 1970s...Frazzle! Also featuring Oscar, David Maria, Luis, Ernie, Bert, and Mr. MacIntosh!

Sesame Street Old School Outline 79

Season 8: Mr. MacIntosh gives dance lessons/Oscar is afraid of Frazzle

Sponsors: G, P, 8

Scene 1: David and Maria sing “Tu Me Gustas (I Like You)” to each other.

Cartoon: P is for Picnic

Muppets: Cookie Monster shows the word “AMOR”

Film: The Mad Painter #8

Cartoon: I thought a thought about small things… (art by Cliff Roberts)

Film/Song: Henson #8

Scene 2: David introduces a young monster named Frazzle to Maria, Gordon, Susan, and the kids. Then he introduces Frazzle to Oscar, who quickly ducks back into his can, frightened by the monster’s appearance.

Cartoon: A gorilla that knows G words applies for a job

Film: Building a log cabin

Cast: Luis desperately looks for “AGUA” in the desert, without success. Fortunately, it starts to rain and Luis finally has the “AGUA” that he needs.

Cartoon: G is for Goat

Scene 3: Oscar refuses to come out of his trashcan if Frazzle’s still outside. After a while, he pops out wearing a scary mask. Frazzle runs off in terror. As the adults chase after him, Oscar realizes that he might have made a mistake.

Muppets: The Amazing Mumford’s pillar trick (featuring Grover and Herry Monster)

Cartoon: Two girls talk about being scared. One claims that she never gets scared. The other one leaves and returns with a big monster mask, scaring the first girl.

Celebrity: Bill Cosby and his “twin” recite the alphabet

Scene 4: Oscar admits to the adults that he wore his mask because Frazzle looks scary and he was afraid that Frazzle would hurt him. Maria explains that just because somebody looks different doesn’t mean he or she is a bad person. David says that it’s okay to be scared, but tells Oscar to just say hello to Frazzle to overcome his fear. Oscar finally greets Frazzle, who makes his trademark noise. Oscar finds this sound extremely annoying and enjoyable at the same time! Oscar and Frazzle go back and forth with some loud, grouchy noises as the adults smile.

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #8

Muppets/Song: “The Song of the Count”

Cartoon: P is for Pole, Pail, Paint, Propeller, Plug, Postman, Pigeon, Parachute, Pepper, and Parasol

Film: Different types of animal coverings (skin, feathers, fur, scales, wool, etc.)

Cartoon: Typewriter Guy – P is for Pencil

Muppets: At night, Ernie wonders how many sides a circle has. His ongoing musings keep Bert up.

Cartoon/Song: Penny Candy Man #8 (animation and vocals by Bud Luckey)

Scene 5: Mr. MacIntosh entertains David, Maria, Susan, Gordon, Big Bird, and some kids with a soft-shoe dance routine. Susan asks Mr. MacIntosh how he learned to dance, and Mr. MacIntosh reflects on his first lesson and first dance performance as a child (flashback sequences included). This tale inspires Big Bird, and he asks for a dance lesson. Mr. MacIntosh agrees, and the adults decide to join in too.

Cartoon: A guitarist is drawn onscreen as English- and Spanish-speaking children try to guess what is being drawn.

Film/Song: “Two is You and Me” (written and sung by Joe Raposo)

Cartoon: Julius asks Jasper to describe an apple. Jasper does so, and eats the apple in the process!

Muppets: Prairie Dawn puts on a school pageant about parts of the face (featuring Ernie, Herry Monster, Cookie Monster, Grover, and Bert)

Scene 6: Mr. MacIntosh teaches soft-shoe and tap dance lessons in the arbor area. At first, Big Bird makes mistakes, but everyone encourages him to keep trying. Eventually, he does one of the steps correctly!

Film: Farmer George counts 20 barrels

Muppets: Juanita learns about the word “YO”

Cartoon: A hand draws a farm

Cast: Three of These Kids…one kid is upside down (sung by Luis)

Cartoon: G is for Glue (animation by John and Faith Hubley)

Scene 7: Oscar and Frazzle continue making loud, grouchy noises as Luis announces the sponsors. SS sign still: three Anything Muppets. CTW sign still: Ernie and Bert.

CAST:

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Loretta Long as Susan

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Chet O’Brien as Mr. MacIntosh

Roscoe Orman as Gordon

Caroll Spinney as Big Bird and Oscar

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:

Frank Oz as Bert, Cookie Monster, Grover, AMs

Jerry Nelson as Frazzle, the Count, Herry Monster, the Amazing Mumford, AMs

Fran Brill as Prairie Dawn, AMs

Jim Henson as Ernie, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
So here is my 80th episode outline. This is an idea that I had for a while, and once I started writing it just came flowing out. This outline features a popular 1970s band and is inspired by Stevie Wonder's appearance on the Street. It also features Big Bird, Biff, Maria, Bob, Linda, and some classic skits with the Count, Cookie Monster, and Simon Soundman! I never thought I'd say this, but please enjoy my 80th Sesame Street old-school outline!

Sesame Street Old School Outline 80

Season 9: Tower of Power performs “What Is Hip” and “You Ought to Be Having Fun”/Biff learns different languages

Sponsors: H, V, 2

Scene 1: The R&B brass band Tower of Power performs a shortened version of “What Is Hip” for the Sesame Street cast. Bob, Maria, Linda, Gordon, David, Mr. Hooper, Olivia, Susan, Luis, Big Bird, Bert, Biff, and the kids are seen dancing.

Film: Rhythm is everywhere (steel drum music)

Cartoon: A hand draws a telephone booth

Muppets: Grover shows loud and soft in the library

Cartoon: Pinball Count #2

Film: A mailman delivers the mail on horseback

Cartoon: Two men think of H words (Howard and Harold)

Muppets: Roosevelt Franklin Elementary School – Showing Loud and Soft

Film: Trapeze artist addition and subtraction

Cartoon/Cast: Naming H words (with Luis and kids’ voiceover)

Scene 2: Big Bird wants to learn about the instruments in the band. Trumpeter Mic Gillette and saxophonist Stephen Kupka explain each one, and the band shows how they cooperate to make music by playing “Squib Cakes.” First the rhythm section plays, then the brass section enters, and then the singer joins in the fun! Big Bird remarks, “Gee, cooperation has never sounded so good!”

Muppets: Ernie decorates the apartment for a very special occasion, and Bert tries to guess what the occasion is. After Bert incorrectly guesses that it’s somebody’s birthday, Ernie reveals that they have a visitor. Ernie asks Bert to look into the camera, and Bert says hello to the viewer!

Cartoon: A cleaning lady finds a room full of musical instruments. She plays each one, and then puts the wrong sounds into each instrument!

Film: The Mad Painter #2

Cartoon: H is for Hello (voice by Gary Owens)

Cartoon: A mad scientist brings a capital H to life

Muppets: The Count blows out four candles to demonstrate subtraction

Insert: Bob gives a music lesson to Gladys the Cow, who sings “Here Are Some Things” with stacks of sheet music.

Film: A mother eagle feeds her babies (child voiceover; music by Joe Raposo)

Cartoon: Two men stand on a V and think of V words

Muppets: Simon Soundman tries to buy a trumpet at a music store

Film/Song: Henson #2

Scene 3: Biff asks Maria to teach him some Spanish. Maria teaches Biff some common Spanish words, and also the Spanish words for his construction tools (hammer, nails, screwdriver, pliers, and saw).

Cartoon: Kids wait for the fruit vendor (Spanish soundtrack)

Celebrity: Richard Pryor tells a story about the letters of the alphabet

Cartoon: Kids wait for the fruit vendor (English soundtrack)

Scene 4: Biff asks Bob and Linda about sign language and what it’s like to be deaf. While Linda signs, Bob says that deaf people enjoy many things that other people enjoy, but they just use sign language to communicate! Then Biff learns the ASL phrases for “hello,” “yes,” “no,” “thank you,” and “I am a construction worker.”

Muppets: Ernie and Bert go to the movies, but Ernie’s loud snack eating proves to be a distraction. Bert screams at Ernie to stop eating, so the usher comes over and removes…Bert!

Cartoon: Sign language alphabet (animation by Steve Finkin, vocals by Joan La Barbara)

Muppet/Kid Moment: Herry Monster and John-John demonstrate loud and soft

Cartoon: Typewriter Guy – V is for Vacuum

Cast: David and Maria cooperate to get to the top of a snowy mountain

Cartoon: This is a big letter V (limerick)

Film: Kids dancing (music by Joe Raposo)

Muppets: Cookie Monster sounds out the word “FOOD” and then eats the letters!

Cartoon: An ode to the letter V (violin, volcano, vegetables, vampire…)

Scene 5: Tower of Power warms up for its next performance. Oscar overhears them and asks them to keep playing like that. Bob explains that the band isn’t supposed to play like that all the time…they’re just warming up. Oscar groans unhappily as Tower of Power launches into “You Ought to Be Having Fun.” As the cast dances, Biff announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Susan. CTW sign still: Maria.

CAST:

Linda Bove as Linda

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Loretta Long as Susan

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

Roscoe Orman as Gordon

Alaina Reed as Olivia

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:

Jerry Nelson as Biff, the Count, Herry Monster, Simon Soundman, AMs

Richard Hunt as Gladys the Cow, AMs

Matt Robinson as Roosevelt Franklin

Jim Henson as Ernie, AMs

TOWER OF POWER:

Edward McGee – lead vocals

Mic Gillette – trumpet, trombone, backing vocals

Greg Adams – trumpet, backing vocals

Lenny Pickett – tenor and alto saxophones, fantastic dancing, loud suits

Emilio Castillo – tenor saxophone, backing vocals

Stephen “Doc” Kupka – baritone saxophone

Chester Thompson – keyboards, Hammond organ, backing vocals

Bruce Conte – guitar, backing vocals

Francis “Rocco” Prestia – bass

Ronnie Beck – drums

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
So here is my 80th episode outline. This is an idea that I had for a while, and once I started writing it just came flowing out. This outline features a popular 1970s band and is inspired by Stevie Wonder's appearance on the Street. It also features Big Bird, Biff, Maria, Bob, Linda, and some classic skits with the Count, Cookie Monster, and Simon Soundman! I never thought I'd say this, but please enjoy my 80th Sesame Street old-school outline!

Sesame Street Old School Outline 80

Season 9: Tower of Power performs “What Is Hip” and “You Ought to Be Having Fun”/Biff learns different languages

Sponsors: H, V, 2

Scene 1: The R&B brass band Tower of Power performs a shortened version of “What Is Hip” for the Sesame Street cast. Bob, Maria, Linda, Gordon, David, Mr. Hooper, Olivia, Susan, Luis, Big Bird, Bert, Biff, and the kids are seen dancing.

Film: Rhythm is everywhere (steel drum music)

Cartoon: A hand draws a telephone booth

Muppets: Grover shows loud and soft in the library

Cartoon: Pinball Count #2

Film: A mailman delivers the mail on horseback

Cartoon: Two men think of H words (Howard and Harold)

Muppets: Roosevelt Franklin Elementary School – Showing Loud and Soft

Film: Trapeze artist addition and subtraction

Cartoon/Cast: Naming H words (with Luis and kids’ voiceover)

Scene 2: Big Bird wants to learn about the instruments in the band. Trumpeter Mic Gillette and saxophonist Stephen Kupka explain each one, and the band shows how they cooperate to make music by playing “Squib Cakes.” First the rhythm section plays, then the brass section enters, and then the singer joins in the fun! Big Bird remarks, “Gee, cooperation has never sounded so good!”

Muppets: Ernie decorates the apartment for a very special occasion, and Bert tries to guess what the occasion is. After Bert incorrectly guesses that it’s somebody’s birthday, Ernie reveals that they have a visitor. Ernie asks Bert to look into the camera, and Bert says hello to the viewer!

Cartoon: A cleaning lady finds a room full of musical instruments. She plays each one, and then puts the wrong sounds into each instrument!

Film: The Mad Painter #2

Cartoon: H is for Hello (voice by Gary Owens)

Cartoon: A mad scientist brings a capital H to life

Muppets: The Count blows out four candles to demonstrate subtraction

Insert: Bob gives a music lesson to Gladys the Cow, who sings “Here Are Some Things” with stacks of sheet music.

Film: A mother eagle feeds her babies (child voiceover; music by Joe Raposo)

Cartoon: Two men stand on a V and think of V words

Muppets: Simon Soundman tries to buy a trumpet at a music store

Film/Song: Henson #2

Scene 3: Biff asks Maria to teach him some Spanish. Maria teaches Biff some common Spanish words, and also the Spanish words for his construction tools (hammer, nails, screwdriver, pliers, and saw).

Cartoon: Kids wait for the fruit vendor (Spanish soundtrack)

Celebrity: Richard Pryor tells a story about the letters of the alphabet

Cartoon: Kids wait for the fruit vendor (English soundtrack)

Scene 4: Biff asks Bob and Linda about sign language and what it’s like to be deaf. While Linda signs, Bob says that deaf people enjoy many things that other people enjoy, but they just use sign language to communicate! Then Biff learns the ASL phrases for “hello,” “yes,” “no,” “thank you,” and “I am a construction worker.”

Muppets: Ernie and Bert go to the movies, but Ernie’s loud snack eating proves to be a distraction. Bert screams at Ernie to stop eating, so the usher comes over and removes…Bert!

Cartoon: Sign language alphabet (animation by Steve Finkin, vocals by Joan La Barbara)

Muppet/Kid Moment: Herry Monster and John-John demonstrate loud and soft

Cartoon: Typewriter Guy – V is for Vacuum

Cast: David and Maria cooperate to get to the top of a snowy mountain

Cartoon: This is a big letter V (limerick)

Film: Kids dancing (music by Joe Raposo)

Muppets: Cookie Monster sounds out the word “FOOD” and then eats the letters!

Cartoon: An ode to the letter V (violin, volcano, vegetables, vampire…)

Scene 5: Tower of Power warms up for its next performance. Oscar overhears them and asks them to keep playing like that. Bob explains that the band isn’t supposed to play like that all the time…they’re just warming up. Oscar groans unhappily as Tower of Power launches into “You Ought to Be Having Fun.” As the cast dances, Biff announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Susan. CTW sign still: Maria.

CAST:

Linda Bove as Linda

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Loretta Long as Susan

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

Roscoe Orman as Gordon

Alaina Reed as Olivia

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:

Jerry Nelson as Biff, the Count, Herry Monster, Simon Soundman, AMs

Richard Hunt as Gladys the Cow, AMs

Matt Robinson as Roosevelt Franklin

Jim Henson as Ernie, AMs

TOWER OF POWER:

Edward McGee – lead vocals

Mic Gillette – trumpet, trombone, backing vocals

Greg Adams – trumpet, backing vocals

Lenny Pickett – tenor and alto saxophones, fantastic dancing, loud suits

Emilio Castillo – tenor saxophone, backing vocals

Stephen “Doc” Kupka – baritone saxophone

Chester Thompson – keyboards, Hammond organ, backing vocals

Bruce Conte – guitar, backing vocals

Francis “Rocco” Prestia – bass

Ronnie Beck – drums
Love this very much.:flirt:

cjd874

Reaction score
Here is number 81...the return of Rodeo Rosie! Also featuring Oscar, Luis, David, Mumford, and two classic Ernie and Bert sketches!

Sesame Street Old School Outline 81

Season 8: Oscar and Rodeo Rosie join a rodeo/David’s daydream

Sponsors: D, U, 5

Scene 1: Luis, David, and Maria imagine what it would be like to live in the country instead of the city.

Muppets: The City Mouse and the Country Mouse (part 1)

Cartoon: “D” construction building

Muppets: The City Mouse and the Country Mouse (part 2)

Cartoon/Song: Daddy Dear

Film: A boy narrates a film of cows being fed in the winter

Muppets: Ernie plays a rhyming game with Bert

Scene 2: Luis and David hear a commotion coming from Oscar’s trashcan. Oscar emerges wearing a ten-gallon hat and bandana, which cracks up the adults. Oscar is participating in the first annual Grouch Rodeo, in which the goal is to fall off your horse first! David decides to watch the Grouch Rodeo, against Luis’s warning. Oscar falls off his horse and lands in a mud pile, splattering David’s face with mud.

Film: A boy named Michael goes to the dentist for a checkup (music by Joe Raposo)

Cartoon: A man climbs onto an “UP” (“Hey Ralph, what’s up?” “I am!”)

Cartoon: The capital letter U (don’t stand on a letter U)

Muppets: Sesame Street News Flash – Kermit interviews Jack Be Nimble, who can’t figure out how to jump over his candlestick. First he goes under it, and then he goes around it. When he finally jumps over the candlestick, he crash-lands.

Film: A scuba diver shows on, into, under, around, and through while swimming underwater

Cartoon: A salute to the letter U (animation by Poverty Pictures)

Scene 3: Rodeo Rosie visits and shows off her lassoing skills to Luis, Maria, and David. First, she lassoes the fire hydrant, and then the mailbox. Then she attempts to lasso something while covering her eyes. Rodeo Rosie swings her lasso and snags Mr. Hooper, who has just stepped out of his store carrying lots of boxes. This causes Mr. Hooper to drop everything on the ground.

Muppets: Grover shows empty and full with a telephone booth and a gaggle of monsters (“Anyone here named Mondipoorg?”)

Film/Song: “Five Penguins” (music and vocals by Joe Raposo)

Cartoon: Typewriter Guy – D is for Daisy

Scene 4: Rodeo Rosie laments that there’s not much for her to do in the city. David mentions Oscar’s rodeo, and Rodeo Rosie decides to join in! The adults run over to Oscar’s can and listen as the wild horses throw Oscar and Rosie around, causing much demolition. [SMASH] Mr. Hooper: “Uh oh! They just broke the china closet.” [CRASH BOOM] Luis: “And there goes the piano.” [SPLASH] David: “Oh, no! They must have landed in the swimming pool.” Eventually, Oscar and Rosie get tossed out of the can, landing on the sidewalk. Maria: “Are you guys okay?” Rosie: “I’m fine…but I guess I was wrong. There IS somethin’ fun to do here on Sesame Street! Yahoo!” She and Oscar go back to the Grouch rodeo as the grownups chuckle and shake their heads.

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #5

Muppets: The Amazing Mumford shows Cookie Monster “empty” and “full” with a jar of cookies. Mumford leaves without making the jar full, so Cookie tries to do it. He fails, so he settles for eating Mumford’s wand.

Cartoon: An alligator shows the capital letter U (solid as a rock?)

Film: Empty/full playground (time-lapse)

Cartoon: U is for Unite, U-turn, Underground, Up, and Universe…

Celebrity: Arthur Ashe hits a tennis ball over and under a line marked on a wall

Muppets: At night, Ernie is thirsty, so he pretends to drink a glass of water. This annoys Bert, who tells Ernie to get some water. Afterwards, Ernie is no longer thirsty, but now he’s hungry!

Scene 5: Luis and Maria catch David napping in the arbor area. They try to guess what David’s dreaming about, and the scene fades into the following segment.

Cast/Song: “Gimme Five” (featuring David, Bob, Gordon, and Luis)

Scene 6: David wakes up from his slumber. As David tries to explain his dream, Maria and Luis tease him gently.

Cartoon: “I’d like to buy a U…for Up”

Film/Song: Henson #5

Muppets/Song: “Five People in My Family”

Cartoon: Country Fiddler – Funny Farm #5

Film/Song: “Everybody Sleeps” (by Joe Raposo)

Cartoon: A horse falls apart into a jigsaw puzzle

Scene 7: Rodeo Rosie has to leave, but she promises to come back for next year’s Grouch Rodeo. Oscar admits that he had fun, which the adults point out rarely happens. Mr. Hooper announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Susan. CTW sign still: Gordon.

CAST:

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

Roscoe Orman as Gordon

Caroll Spinney as Oscar

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:

Frank Oz as Cookie Monster, Grover, Bert, AMs

Jerry Nelson as Rodeo Rosie, the Amazing Mumford, AMs

Jim Henson as Ernie, Kermit, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
Number 82 stars Cookie Monster, Mr. Hooper, Gordon, Susan, the Count, Big Bird, Ernie and Bert! Other classic segments include "Here Is Your Life," "Ladybugs' Picnic," "Would You Like to Buy an O," and "The King's Problem." Enjoy!

Sesame Street Old School Outline 82

Season 5: Cookie Monster works at Hooper’s Store

Sponsors: A, O, 12

Scene 1: Gordon classifies four toys with the kids. He has a red fire engine, a yellow dump truck, a red ball, and a yellow rubber ducky. Two toys are red, but two of them also are yellow. Two toys make noise (fire engine and ducky), but two toys also have wheels.

Cartoon: Same and different symbols

Muppets/Song: Lefty the Salesman asks Ernie, “Would You Like to Buy an O?”

Cartoon: O is for Open (speech balloon)

Cartoon: Rolling O (animation by the Hubleys)

Celebrity: The New York Knicks make 12 shots in a row

Scene 2: Cookie Monster wipes his mouth after another satisfying meal at Hooper’s Store. He asks Mr. Hooper what it’s like to run the store, and Mr. Hooper tells him about the job. Cookie asks if he can help behind the counter: “This sound like highly fascinating occupation.” Mr. Hooper agrees. Cooke Monster immediately suits up in an apron and pointy hat (a la Johnny Rocket’s soda-jerk outfit): “What you think, Mr. Hooper? Maybe apron needs some ironing.”

Muppets: Ernie discovers that Bert plays the drums, but Bert plays the same simple rhythm over and over. When they cooperate, they sound pretty good together!

Film: A roadrunner runs (music by Joe Raposo)

Cartoon: Christopher Clumsy talks about circles (animation by Cliff Roberts)

Cartoon: An Indian guru counts from 1 to 20

Muppets: The Count counts letters to himself

Cartoon: An Indian guru counts from 1 to 20 (Spanish version)

Scene 3: Susan and Gordon come in for lunch, and Cookie Monster takes their order on a large legal pad: two chicken salad sandwiches, a glass of milk for Susan, and a cup of coffee for Gordon. As Mr. Hooper makes the sandwiches, Cookie gets the beverages. But as Cookie fills the glass with milk, he starts thinking about cookies. As his mind wanders, the milk runs over onto the counter. Gordon alerts him, and Cookie apologizes for spilling the milk.

Cartoon: A story about an ape and a bird (featuring the letter A)

Muppets: Herbert Birdsfoot arranges three blocks for Grover to count. No matter how they’re arranged, there are still three blocks! Then Herbert asks Grover to count some oranges. Although Grover says he can count blocks, he admits that he doesn’t know how to count oranges!

Scene 4: Big Bird comes in for a birdseed burger. Cookie Monster watches as Mr. Hooper prepares it. Cookie comments on how round it is, and its shape reminds him of…COOKIES! Before Mr. Hooper can sprinkle the birdseed on the burger, Cookie wolfs down the burger and the bun, disappointing Big Bird. Mr. Hooper has had enough, and tells Cookie to return his apron and hat. After Cookie leaves with his head down, Susan suggests that Mr. Hooper talk to Cookie outside the store.

Film: Peggy Fleming skates a letter O

Cartoon: A cat chases a mouse into a mouse hole. They make music as they keep hitting the wall until the cat breaks through the mouse hole.

Scene 5: Mr. Hooper talks outside with Cookie Monster, who is still feeling miserable. Mr. Hooper apologizes for getting upset, and offers to give him another chance. Cookie doesn’t think he’s ready to keep helping, but Mr. Hooper says that he can do it if he just remembers to control himself. Cookie Monster returns to the store and is welcomed back by Susan, Gordon, and Big Bird: “Me very glad that me got vote of confidence!”

Cartoon: A girl learns to treat her cat with respect (animation by the Hubleys)

Film: At the hamburger bun factory

Muppets: Ernie and Bert share peanut butter and bread, using the items to make peanut butter sandwiches for themselves

Cartoon: 12 rocks

Muppets/Cast: Maria reads “The King’s Problem” (featuring the Anything Muppets)

Film/Song: “Have You Ever Been to the Farm?”

Cartoon: A lecture on the alligator, which starts with A

Cartoon: A ball tries to travel up a steep incline

Scene 6: Big Bird, Susan, and Gordon are shown finally consuming their lunches. Then the camera cuts to the Count, who is counting dozens of grapes. Mr. Hooper compliments Cookie Monster on his good work at the store. After the Count finishes counting, he exits without eating any grapes. Mr. Hooper remarks that now he has to clean it all up, but Cookie “cleans up” by devouring all the grapes!

Cartoon/Song: Ladybugs’ Picnic #12 (animation and vocals by Bud Luckey)

Muppets: The Busby twins want to buy a hammer

Film/Song: “There’s a Bird on Me” (Joe Raposo)

Cartoon: A witch tells bored kids a story about the letter A

Muppets: Guy Smiley hosts “Here Is Your Life” with an oak tree

Cartoon: Madrigal Alphabet

Scene 7: Cookie Monster thanks Mr. Hooper for letting him help out at the store. As a reward, Mr. Hooper presents him with a jar full of chocolate chip cookies, and a few dollars to buy some more cookies. Cookie Monster begins munching away on the cookies, but he saves one cookie for Mr. Hooper: “Take it, please! This a sign of profound affection and gratitude.” As Cookie resumes his eating, Susan announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Maria and Luis. CTW sign still: Bob.

CAST:

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Loretta Long as Susan

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Hal Miller as Gordon

Caroll Spinney as Big Bird

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:

Frank Oz as Cookie Monster, Bert, Grover, Lefty the Salesman, AMs

Jerry Nelson as the Count, Herbert Birdsfoot, AMs

Jim Henson as Ernie, Guy Smiley, AMs

Last edited:

cjd874

Reaction score
Number 83 features Big Bird, Biff and Sully, Luis, Maria, and a classic Super Grover sketch! Plus David sings "People in Your Neighborhood," and a rare appearance by Mr. Chatterly.

Sesame Street Old School Outline 83

Season 7: Big Bird presents the letters of the day/Biff and Sully try to fix a leak in the Fix-It Shop

Sponsors: L, S, 9

Scene 1/Insert: Oscar and the cast show some, none, and all with emotions: “NONE of us are happy… [David and Maria start giggling] Well, SOME of us are happy… [Susan, Mr. Hooper, and Herry Monster start chuckling before Gordon, Bob, Luis, Ernie, Bert, and the kids burst into laughter] Oh, brother! Now ALL of them are happy!” [The laughter gets louder as Oscar sinks into his can]

Cartoon: L is for Lunchbox

Muppets: Bip Bipadotta sings, “Some, None, All” (featuring the Anything Muppets and Monsters)

Film: Baby pigs run in a field and drink their mother’s milk

Cartoon: Jazz Alphabet (male shout chorus)

Muppets: Bert accuses Ernie of stealing his cookies because he saw someone with black hair, wearing a striped shirt and laughing the same way Ernie does. However, the culprit ends up being Cookie Monster, who is disguised as Ernie!

Film: Footage of kids doing certain jobs, followed by adults doing the same thing professionally (carpenter, chef, bricklayer, artist, musician, etc.)

Scene 2: Big Bird shows some everyday items that start with L: a ladder, a lantern, and a lever. When he pulls the lever, a giant letter L descends onto the street.

Cartoon: L is for Light

Film: Counting buses

Cartoon: L es para Luz (Spanish version)

Cast: Counting 9 people (David, Maria, Luis, and six kids)

Cartoon: The Old Woman Who Lived in a Nine

Muppet/Kid Moment: Grover and John-John count backwards from 10

Cartoon: Four people cooperate to make a table

Scene 3: Big Bird shows some everyday items that start with S: a screwdriver, a sponge, and a bar of soap. Unfortunately, the soap slips out of his hand and lands on the sidewalk just as Luis and Herry Monster pass by. As they greet him, they slip on Big Bird’s soap and fall over.

Cartoon: Typewriter Guy – S is for Spring

Muppets/Cast: David sings “People in Your Neighborhood” (the librarian and the plumber)

Film: The Mad Painter #9

Cartoon: S is for Snake (speech balloon)

Muppets: Cookie Monster shares a cookie with a sad-eyed Muppet girl

Cartoon: S is for subway, sailboat, sled, scooter, skates, skis, and stop (art by the Hubleys)

Scene 4: Luis notices a leak in the ceiling of the Fix-It Shop. The water is leaking onto his worktable. Biff and Sully enter: “Did I hear someone sayin’ they need something fixed? Sully and I are the guys for the job, and we’ll have it done, pronto!” Luis attempts to explain that he can repair it himself, but Biff says, “Luis, you’re a busy guy. You deserve a break after fixin’ all these toasters, clocks, radios, and little red wagons. Take a couple’a minutes for ya’self, and Sully and I will be finished fixing that leak before you can say ‘Welcome to the Fix-It Shop.’” Against his better judgment, Luis takes a break while Biff and Sully fix the leak in the ceiling.

Film: “I’m a Hard-Working Dog”

Cartoon: A story about the letter L

Muppets/Song: Ernie and Bert sing “La, La”

Cartoon: Two goats try to cross the same path

Scene 5: Luis walks back to the Fix-It Shop with Maria. When they open the door, they are stunned to find the Fix-It Shop in total disarray (scattered boxes, broken shelves, piles of bricks, and clouds of sawdust). However, Biff points out “the ceiling ain’t leakin’ no more! We’ve done our job, right Sully?” Sully nods, but Luis firmly orders them to fix everything up again: “Make this place look just the way it was when you got here!” Biff and Sully start their work again as Maria and Luis exit in a huff.

Film: Fred, get me a 20! (Featuring Joe Raposo)

Muppets: Super Grover breaks up a fight between Sammy and Frankie

Film: Kids narrate a tortilla-making contest

Cartoon: L is for Lips

Muppets: Mr. Chatterly tries to have an “Alphabet Chat” about the letter L, but several distractions drive him to the breaking point.

Film: Counting 20 antique cars

Cartoon: A magician tries to make six circles disappear

Scene 6: Biff and Sully have repaired the shop so that it looks just the way it did when they arrived. Luis thanks them, and the construction workers depart. However, the ceiling starts leaking all over again! Frustrated, Luis puts a bucket under the leaking spot as Maria announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Susan, Mr. Hooper, and the Count. CTW sign still: Big Bird.

CAST:

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Loretta Long as Susan

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

Roscoe Orman as Gordon

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:

Jerry Nelson as Biff, Herry Monster, Mr. Chatterly, AMs

Richard Hunt as Sully, AMs

Jim Henson as Ernie, Bip Bipadotta, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
Number 84 features a diverse mix of characters: Buffy, Olivia, Linda, Bob, Bert, Ernie, Mumford, Oscar, and Don Music! Plus classics such as "The King of Eight" and "A Little Bit at the Beginning."

Sesame Street Old School Outline 84

Season 10: Mumford changes the weather/Bert’s nephew Brad visits

Sponsors: E, K, 8

Scene 1: Bert greets the viewer while pushing a baby carriage down Sesame Street. He’s taking care of his nephew Brad, and he introduces Brad to Big Bird, Gordon, Olivia, Luis, Buffy, and Buffy’s son Cody.

Cartoon: E is for Egg (speech balloon)

Film: A girl practices figure skating

Muppets: Lefty the Salesman attempts to sell Ernie an 8

Cartoon: E is for Enter and Exit (“That’s enough, Roy!”)

Insert: Bob and Linda sign and sing “Hat, Coat, Pants”

Muppets: Don Music rewrites “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” with help from Kermit

Cartoon: E is for Erase

Scene 2: Buffy and Bert play some baby games with Cody and Brad.

Cartoon: Pinball Count #8

Cartoon: K is for Kick

Muppets: The Count’s bats go on strike

Film: A man reading a newspaper unwittingly walks into dangerous situations, but narrowly avoids injury. However, he walks into a revolving door and hurts himself at the end (a lesson about DANGER).

Cartoon: K is for Kite

Scene 3: Brad plays with Big Bird’s toy truck and accidentally pulls a wheel off. Big Bird is angry until Bert and Buffy explain that Brad didn’t mean to do it. He’s a baby, and babies don’t know any better yet. Big Bird apologizes to Brad, who gives him a hug. Then Buffy takes Big Bird to the Fix-It Shop to have Luis fix the truck.

Film/Song: “A Little Bit at the Beginning” (Joe Raposo)

Cartoon: A man goes to a grocery store to buy apples, but he can’t decide how many he wants. The grocer keeps adding and subtracting apples on his scale.

Muppets: Grover climbs a mountain and counts to 10 with his own echo

Cartoon: Karen the Kangaroo talks about the letter K (voice by Gene Moss)

Scene 4: The Amazing Mumford notes how warm it is today. He decides to make it cooler, but his magic spell makes it snow instead! Luis, Gordon, and Olivia ask him to change the weather back while they get some warmer clothing.

Muppets: Guy Smiley hosts “What’s My Letter” with Prairie Dawn as his contestant (featuring the letter E)

Cartoon: Children and animals numbered 1-12 run a marathon. The #9 runner is the winner!

Scene 5: Mumford stops the snow, but now it’s raining! The adults run off to get their umbrellas, slickers, and rain boots.

Cartoon: K is for Karate (featuring the Pink Panther)

Muppets: Little Jerry and the Monotones sing, “Danger!”

Film: The Mad Painter #8

Cartoon: Magical Herman’s Adding Trick

Scene 6: Oscar is delighted by the rapid weather changes, but the adults aren’t. Mumford changes the weather once again, but now it’s windy!

Muppets: Ernie wants to play tag with Bert, but Bert wants to read a book in peace

Cartoon: The King of Eight (animation and voices by Jim Henson)

Film: Recycling bottles (music: “Black Eyed Peas” by Graham Preskett)

Celebrity: Fonzie (Henry Winkler) and Richie (Ron Howard) show how to properly brush teeth

Cartoon: Forming the Spanish word “peligro” (danger)

Film: A girl takes her llama to the dentist

Scene 7: On his last attempt, Mumford makes it warm and sunny again to Oscar’s detriment. As a result, he decides to conjure up some ice cream cones for everyone. However, the bedraggled adults won’t take chances with Mumford, and they go to Hooper’s Store instead. Mumford shrugs and follows them as Big Bird announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Grover. CTW sign still: David.

CAST:

Linda Bove as Linda

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Bob McGrath as Bob

Roscoe Orman as Gordon

Alaina Reed as Olivia

Buffy St. Marie Wolfchild as Buffy

Cody Wolfchild as Cody

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:

Frank Oz as Bert, Grover, Lefty the Salesman, AMs

Jerry Nelson as the Amazing Mumford, the Count, Little Jerry, AMs