Mister Rogers' Neighborhood Marathon on Twitch May 15-June 3, 2017

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I really haven't been watching, but I caught parts of the B&W episodes and quality-wise, that footage has held up really well.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Even though the "Conflict" episodes debuted in 1983, it looks like these recordings are from around 1993-1996 based on the PBS branding.
Thank you! Looks like all of these may be from WGBH 2 in Boston, but I may be wrong about that.

Last edited:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@Phillip, what happened to the videos?
It looks like the Fred Rogers Company requested their removal. It's not surprising given all the attention the show is getting and that these haven't been broadcast on TV in 21 years while most of the post-1979 shows have.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
It looks like the Fred Rogers Company requested their removal. It's not surprising given all the attention the show is getting and that these haven't been broadcast on TV in 21 years while most of the post-1979 shows have.
What a real shame...

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

mr3urious

Reaction score
Did anybody watch the Big Bird episode yesterday?
I remember reading that Carroll Spinney was supposed to take off the Big Bird head and show how he works the puppet, but he objected as he didn't want to ruin the magic for his audience. I think it was the right choice as that's really something that kids should best know when they're much older and willing to suspend disbelief.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I remember reading that Carroll Spinney was supposed to take off the Big Bird head and show how he works the puppet, but he objected as he didn't want to ruin the magic for his audience. I think it was the right choice as that's really something that kids should best know when they're much older and willing to suspend disbelief.
I remember reading that as well.