The 'Ask JimAndFrank Thread' Cause Why Not?

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I take it that it means something totally different down there than Americans think it means, or is it similar to what we call "four-lettered words" (not exactly swear words, but not quite clean either)?
'Thunderbox' means 'toilet', but we usually just call it a 'loo' or a 'dunny'. Thunderbox is a fairly stupid name.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was under the impression that's what it meant, but I wasn't aware that it was apparently stupid, lol. Then again, America has a problem with cutesy abbreviations for words because people are too lazy to say actual words.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I was under the impression that's what it meant, but I wasn't aware that it was apparently stupid, lol. Then again, America has a problem with cutesy abbreviations for words because people are too lazy to say actual words.
Aussies are the rulers of shortening words due to laziness.

Afternoon: Arvo
Ambulance: Ambo
Trakky Daks: Tracksuit pants
Barbie: BBQ
Servo: Service Station
Woolies: Woolworths
You get the idea.

gravy

Reaction score
Is it true that in Australia there's always a spider near you, and the birds are creepy-looking?

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Is it true that in Australia there's always a spider near you, and the birds are creepy-looking?
Yes and no, the bird's aren't creepy looking, but magpies do give you a creepy look just before they dive-bomb you and try to poke your eyes out for getting too close to their nests in spring.

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
Im a big fan of Lips too!! :smile:

So my question is, since no one knows what Lip's character background is, in your opinion, what do you think Lipss character background is??