Rare "Cracks" animation from 1970's Sesame Street

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
So the Cracks short was the topic of discussion on a recent edition of Studio 360 on NPR, and even were able to track down the narrator of the short. Also, Muppet Central was briefly mentioned in this.

https://www.pri.org/programs/studio-360/crack-monster-mystery-behind-creepiest-cartoon-sesame-street
An amazing revelation, but sadly, the info supplied here seems like the last we'll ever hear about it (unless the mysterious lady in linen ever turns up), but this was more than I could ever ask for.

The ending was so poignant: the lady who narrated it says "I was as close to it as you can possibly get, but still know so little about it"; she's as mystified as us, and wants to join the chat groups... ha!

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
It makes a lot of sense of the "crack" drug being a reason why CTW stopped including that sketch in "Sesame Street" episodes.
Wouldn't it be just as likely that it generally got phased out as well, for no reason other than being weird? I was literally thinking how weird it would be to see this short between a clip of Bert & Ernie and an animal segment or something.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
This episode of Rechov Sumsum that was just posted contains a rare Hebrew dub of the Cracks short at around 22 minutes in.
Wow, the Crack Master's voice actually sounds rather scary in this version.
Anyways, great find!