Sesame Street Season 46 Episode 4620 - Hooper's Lockdown

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4620 - Hooper's Lockdown
HBO Premiere: Saturday May 21, 2016
PBS Premiere: Monday February 27, 2017

When Grover's new security gate system accidentally locks Chris out of Hooper's store, Elmo and Abby help solve math problems to open the gates in time to stop Cookie Monster from eating Alan's birthday cake. Also featuring Nick Jonas ("Check That Shape"), Cookie Monster's Crumby Pictures ("The Hunger Games: Catching Fur") and Elmo the Musical ("Karate Master"). Brought to you by the letter S and the number 8.

This episode features an all-new street story.

If you saw "Hooper's Lockdown", let others know. Please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Pretty good premise for an episode. If it had a little more room to breathe, it would have been perfect.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Really good episode: anything with Grover screwing things up as a major plot device gets extra points from me. The concern over Cookie eating Alan's birthday cake was very reminiscent of the 1991 special BIG BIRD'S BIRTHDAY, OR LET ME EAT CAKE. The running gag of Chris being chased by the octopus (that was Marty, wasn't it?) was humorous and very much in the Sesame spirit. Not to mention the running gag of Grover not figuring out how the instructions continued over onto the next page/chapter/volume until afterwards was amusing too. And, if you can believe it, I didn't even mind the conspicuous CGI security system either.

The only other thing I could really comment on is the Crumby Pictures Hungry Games parody, mainly because I loved the jab they made at how they unnecessarily sequel everything these days. That, and Tick Tock reminded me of Belly from the Twilight parody -- this is why I love Crumby Pictures so much, they're wicked . . . wickedly accurate and funny.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This was probably the funniest episode of the season yet. I loved how Grover just kept not noticing instructions until later. The song with Nick Jonas was cool and catchy.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Just wanna remind everyone that this episode premieres on PBS this Monday. It's honestly the funniest episode of the season and I wanna hear what people think of it.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I'm so sorry for triple posting, but I just want to remind everyone one last time that this episode premieres on PBS tomorrow.