The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I know I keep going back to this a lot, but this is also one of the reasons why much of television today is just so . . . so . . . ugh, you know what I mean. But that's something that's slowly been evolving over the decades, even as far back as the 80s - especially with comedies. Back in the day, comedies were pretty much an escape from the harsh realities of the world: Civil Rights, Vietnam, assassinations, things like that; comedies were particularly outlandish and fantastic as a means for people to temporarily forget about their troubles, problems, turmoil, etc. Overtime, however, audiences grew more and more "sophisticated," and were wanting more and more realism, so as a reflection of that, comedies became less outlandish and wacky, and more politically and socially conscious of the world around us for people to relate to. What seemed funny to TV audiences in the 50s and 60s would probably seem corny and stupid to TV audiences today. Heck, some people today are finding shows like M*A*S*H (the top sitcom of the 70s), CHEERS (top sitcom of the 80s) and even SEINFELD (the top sitcom of the 90s) hokey and hackneyed.
Well, again, I think that goes with people having access to more information. Now that people can see and understand more of the outside world, the silly stuff just feels progressively more and more, well, silly. And I guess a huge amount of social issues have been brought to the forefront. Not to mention, TV was pretty new before, so all these story ideas were new. But now the plots have been done over and over again, people want something different. Or at least they want new spins on old ideas. For one thing, I think talking about the real world on TV gives you a lot more ideas and viewpoints to work with, so You rarely run out of ideas.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I'm not happy at my mother right now. I slammed the iPad down in front of her because I want the iPad all the time and she won't let me have it. I got into an argument/fight about it which ended at me yelling at her and I told her to leave me alone. Now she is going to tell my father about it and I will most likely get punished for the situation. She also said that it's my fault that I erased my iPod Touch back in October of last year and the NOOK HD+ almost 2 weeks ago. I wish that I never erased both of those things because the only electronic devices I have now are the computer and my NOOK e-reader. I really regret doing both of those things now, but it was my choice to do so. Now, everything is my fault but my mother says that it's not true. I just don't like her at all sometimes. Yesterday, she said that she wished that I never erased my iPod Touch and my NOOK HD+. I had to erase both of those devices because I added way too many things to them and both were slow and acting up. If I didn't have so many things on them, I wouldn't have to worry about anything bad happening to them. Now I am so bothered by what just happened that it's all is what's on my mind right now. I don't like my father either. He yells, swears, and screams at me to the point where I cry a lot. I just don't know what to do. What should I do?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Just found out from my dad that my elderly neighbor has bladder cancer.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
My aunt is in the hospital, she has a problem with her stomach and has to get a colonoscopy.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I live kinda close to the Cincinnati area and on the news, a Bengals player cussed out a police officer, called him the N-word, and said "I hope you die tomorrow,". I was very shocked and offended by this guy's language and attitude. It honestly felt like listening to Morse Code because they had to bleep out this man's use of practically every cuss word, racial slur, and sexual term in the book. I am disgusted at what America is becoming,
:frown:.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I am disgusted at what America is becoming,
We're only going to see more of this on an increasingly frequent basis since Drumpf won the election. Hate crimes have exploded in the last couple of months alone.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I live kinda close to the Cincinnati area and on the news, a Bengals player cussed out a police officer, called him the N-word, and said "I hope you die tomorrow,". I was very shocked and offended by this guy's language and attitude. It honestly felt like listening to Morse Code because they had to bleep out this man's use of practically every cuss word, racial slur, and sexual term in the book. I am disgusted at what America is becoming,
I'm not surprised at what is actually happening. :frown:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I was watching Futurama and well, I'm going to let one word describe the rest:Seymour

If you are familiar with the show, then you more than likely know about that heartbreaking episode.