Automatonophobic mother fears daughter might buy a Muppet toy

WereFox

Reaction score
Good for you. Hopefully the sightings are dying down
They have died down. I'm used to them now. And btw. hope that lady learns Kermit and his friends aren't so scary. I think another reason for her Muppet fear is
1. A creepypasta called Faith Buddies. It was a puppet Christian show starring a frog similar to Kermit who was quite creepy.
2. Maybe she saw a character do something that set her off.
or...
3. She just plain doesn't like them.

gravy

Reaction score
Heaven help her if she walks through my front door to see this:

First of all, are those handmade? Second, are you using PLUNGERS to hold them up? That is the strangest but most interesting sounding technique I have seen in some time.

WereFox

Reaction score
So let me get this straight...this lady's not afraid of ALL puppets. She's only afraid of the Muppet Show, Sesame Street, and Fraggle Rock. Well, if only she knew about the SNL Gorch puppets, the Dark Crystal characters, or the Muppet Treasure Island pirates, all of whom are a great deal more scary-looking. Imagine what would happen to her THEN! :scary:
I wonder if she is able to listen to Muppet music/records, since there are no visuals involved with that? I also wonder if there is a cure for this phobia, even though it traces a long way back into this woman's life. Perhaps repeated exposure might work... (whips out Seasons 1-3 of the Muppet Show and the SS Old School DVDs)
Or maybe she doesn't even like their voices and won't listen to the music and records. It says that it only takes a hum of the Muppets theme song to set her off.