Official: Disney announces Muppet Babies return in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
I am soooo ready!!! I love the new look of them, very puppety and I am super excited to see if Bobbi is going to be in it. Eee I am just so excited!! :smile::smile:

Is Muppet Babies meant to be canon though? The first movie is meant to show how they meant as adults, and Muppet Babies came from Miss Piggy's imaginings of what it would be like IF they had met sooner?

This is great I am soo happy!!!!
Well, the first movie is sort of how it happened. Then other sources from the Muppets themselves say otherwise. Like Miss Piggy was a farm girl. Or Kermit meeting the Electric Mayhem at a dry cleaners.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Well, the first movie is sort of how it happened. Then other sources from the Muppets themselves say otherwise. Like Miss Piggy was a farm girl. Or Kermit meeting the Electric Mayhem at a dry cleaners.
Well, I guess Miss Piggy might've still been a farm girl before she started doing pageants.

As for the Electric Mayhem, the band members don't even seem to remember how they met each other. So I wouldn't trust anything they say.

Plus, we have two different on screen accounts of Kermit and Scooter's first meeting. In the movie, they met because Scooter was the Electric Mayhem's manager, yet just three years earlier on The Muppet Show it was established that they met because he was looking for a job and his uncle owned the theater.

:mad: :wink: :big_grin::sing::flirt::cool::halo: :smile:

mr3urious

Reaction score
As was said in previous threads, another thing this reboot should do is have the babies explore the world outside of the nursery every so often, not just imagine it. That's probably the only thing Baby Looney Tunes did better than the original MB.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was watching Spongebob and it hit me.

What the Muppet Babies did back then with superimposing themselves over live action footage, be it licensed or public domain, that was pretty darn trail blazing. Now it seems the technology is easy enough that most wacky shows are able to do that regularly as well, thus making it look a lot less unique and groundbreaking.

I wonder if the new series is going to do that as well, and just try to blend the CGI characters into the footage a little more seamlessly. Sort of something you'd expect from Gumball.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Remember when they had Kermit and Piggy at the Winner's Circle of The $25,000 Pyramid with Dick Clark guest-starring? It would be fun to see an update of that with the current Michael Strahan-hosted $100,000 Pyramid, assuming it lasts long enough.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Back to the subject of taking the Babies out of the Nursery...

If there's one thing I think both The Muppets '15 and The Muppet Show Comic Book did brilliantly, it was that they took the action outside of the show. Sure, The Muppet Show did have like one on location episode, and that was pretty good for a change of pace. Taking them out of that fixed location really gave the story aspects some depth to them. It's a shame that they never really did such things in the original series for the sake of fawning over guest stars.

As for Muppet Babies, I'm all for them exploring and being taken places. Much as I despise Baby Looney Tunes (though I'm starting to be convinced that the late 60's LT cartoons are the worst), taking the babies other places and meeting others and learning about things actually worked. Thing is, BLT did steal a lot from MB, everything that is except their fantasy sequences. Those do technically take them out of the Nursery, especially in extended sequences. I would hope if they do take the Babies around places they find a nice balance of fantasy segments and outside segments and incorporate some setting into their fantasy sequences. Especially extended full episode ones.

mr3urious

Reaction score
You know, since Tom Warburton is the executive producer, it makes me wonder wonder if his buddy Mo Willems will be involved in some way? If he's actually a writer, that would be all kinds of awesome, as he would know how to write irreverent Muppet-style humor considering his work on Sesame Street and Sheep in the Big City. :smile:

Bridget

Reaction score
Very, very excited for this! I am especially eager to know who will be voicing Baby Piggy in this series! :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.