Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Although... he does look familiar, I just can't place where I might've seen him.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know, I'm having the same problem. SST is certainly a most interesting case of Hey, It's That Guy! because they seldom credited any of the guest stars, but they're almost always familiar faces, even if the names aren't so much. IIRC, a much earlier episode from the 80s, Miles's grandfather was played by the actor who played Arthur Chaney in the original AIR BUD movie (and I'm pretty sure he also made a cameo in THE MUPPETS (2011), but I can't remember his name. Likewise, I know the guy who played the doctor in the VHS special where Big Bird goes to the hospital played an exterminator in a couple of episodes of SEINFELD. Then, of course, the Retroactive Recognition distinction goes to Giancarlo Esposito for Mickey the camp councelor in the Camp Echo Rock arc.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
IIRC, a much earlier episode from the 80s, Miles's grandfather was played by the actor who played Arthur Chaney in the original AIR BUD movie (and I'm pretty sure he also made a cameo in THE MUPPETS (2011), but I can't remember his name.
And I believe his wife on that episode (Susan's mother) was on an episode of "Good Times" when J.J and the rest of the kids thought she was trying to feed them dog food instead of meatloaf.
And back to the episode that we were originally talking about (the one with Kevin Clash and the mysterious grandpa), Gordon's mother is played by the person who played Aunt Em on "The Wiz" (yes, i've actually seen that movie, lol)

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Definitely not very often after season 1, but when they were together, it was gold.
Kermit's catchphrase in these sketches seems to be "No, it's not a cookie".
Also interesting is that at one point during the sketch Cookie Monster says "Am I" instead of "Me"

Heheh, I also love the line when Cookie first pops out, "Hi ho, Cookie the Monster, here!"

cjd874

Reaction score
I tell you, Jim and Frank were the best d*mned puppeteers in the world. No one will ever come close. This is a great, albeit rare, example with Jim as the straight man and Frank as the jokester. I love their riffing on the "It's a cookie" joke as well...thank you for sharing it with us! Do you know what season or year this is from? Looks like it's from around 1973-1975 or so.

Schfifty

Reaction score
It's the episode where Abelardo visits Sesame Street!

Having never watched Plaza Sesamo before, this was a fun episode to watch. Was that actually Eugenio Bartilotti performing him in this?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yes, that's his (then current) performer from PS.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I thought Carmen Osbar performed him in SS. Or did she just loop in the voice?