Sesame Street Old School Outlines

cjd874

Reaction score
Time to post #59 before going to bed.

Sesame Street Old School Outline 59

Season 10: Another hot day on Sesame Street/Oscar sees arguments

Sponsors: C, F, 11

Scene 1: Oscar hears an argument between Gordon and Susan. “What a great way to start the morning! This is even better than putting hot sauce on my corn flakes.” Gordon and Susan are arguing over whether to take the bus to work or to drive their car. Oscar yells, “Keep on arguing! If you do, you’ll both be late for work! This is Grouch paradise!” The adults realize that Oscar’s right: they’re not getting anywhere by arguing. So Susan and Gordon decide to wait for their bus and to drive tomorrow, to Oscar’s detriment.

Cartoon: Pinball Count #11

Muppets: Bert takes a nap, and Ernie tries not to wake him up. Ernie decides to take a nap as well, but his snoring wakes up Bert.

Film: Things you can carry

Cartoon: Typewriter Guy – F is for Fly

Scene 2: Oscar sees Olivia and Mr. Hooper arguing over whether to clean the store now or later. Oscar says, “Hey! I love how you two are arguing like that. At that rate, you’ll never get any work done and the store will stay messy! Just how I like it!” Mr. Hooper and Olivia realize Oscar’s right, so they agree to start cleaning the store right now. Oscar bangs his head against the edge of his can in frustration: “Y’know, I could really use a bowl of hot sauce and corn flakes right now.”

Cartoon: A vaudeville act with two SAME people ends when one falls off the stage

Cartoon: F is for Frog (art by Jeff Hale)

Film: Hands count to 11 (voiceover by Fran Brill & the kids)

Scene 3: Big Bird notices how hot it is on Sesame Street, and he asks Luis, Olivia, and Mr. Hooper how to stay cool. Olivia suggests drinking water, and Mr. Hooper advises using a fan. However, Luis has a better idea and he runs off…

Film: Counting buses (music by Joe Raposo)

Cartoon: C is for Candle

Celebrity: Carol Burnett counts to 20 and gets emotional

Cartoon: A man tries to think of words that rhyme with BALL as he bounces a ball near the edge of a cliff. Another man tells him not to FALL, but the other doesn’t listen until it’s too late.

Muppets/Song: Cookie Monster sings “C is for Cookie”

Scene 4: Luis returns with a kiddie pool that he used to play in. Mr. Hooper gets a hose and fills up the pool with water. Then Olivia calls the kids over, and everybody plays in the kiddie pool.

Cartoon: Fruta Manzana

Film: A girl explains how her grandfather makes horseshoes

Muppets: Guy Smiley’s Dialing for Prizes Movie (the lucky F word is Fur)

Cartoon: Things that are the same and different (words, bells, apples, sun symbols)

Cast: David, Maria, Luis, and Bob perform “The Ankle, the Shoulder, and the Knee” while dressed as scarecrows

Cartoon: Jazz Alphabet

Muppets: Harvey Kneeslapper’s “C” prank (you wanna see?)

Cartoon: Can you spot the camouflaged parrot?

Insert: Bob and Big Bird walk through Chinatown, but Big Bird is afraid of the dragons he’s heard about. Bob explains that they’re just puppets and they aren’t real dragons, but then a puppet dragon jumps out from a door and scares him. Big Bird tells Bob not to be afraid because it’s just a puppet.

Film/Song: “Take a Breath” (by Joe Raposo)

Cartoon: C is for Canary

Muppets: Ernie and Bert meet Tough Eddie at the beach

Film: The Mad Painter #11

Muppet/Kid Moments: Herry Monster and John-John count to 20

Cartoon: 30 dots (one dot shows up too early)

Scene 5: Luis presents the letter C, for Cool. Big Bird presents the letter F, for fan. Luis asks Big Bird to bring in a fan, and Big Bird hauls in a giant fan that blows Luis away.

Muppets: Super Grover finds a lost little girl, but first he must find a telephone booth to change in. It turns out that this girl is actually not in distress because she can call her mommy, but Grover hogs the phone booth to change into his outfit.

Cartoon: C is for Cowboy

Film: A panda (music by Joe Raposo)

Muppets: The Twiddlebugs attempt to hang a postage stamp on the wall

Cartoon: The Yo-Yo Master helps a lost boy find his way home

Scene 6: Susan and Gordon return from work and notice Oscar is sad. He hasn’t argued with anyone all day, and wishes he had someone to argue with.
Gordon: Don’t sweat it, Oscar. I’m sure you’ll find someone to argue with.
Oscar: No, I won’t.
Gordon: Yes, you will.
Oscar: No, I won’t, Curly!
Gordon: YES, you will!
Oscar: NO, I WON’T!
Susan quickly points out that they’re arguing with each other. Oscar reveals that he meant to do that…and that Gordon fell for his trick!
Gordon (sheepishly): I knew that it was a trick.
Oscar: No, you didn’t.
Gordon: Yes, I did!
Oscar: Oh no, you didn’t!
As Gordon and Oscar argue again, Susan shakes her head and announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Maria. CTW sign still: Gordon.

CAST:

Northern Calloway as David

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Loretta Long as Susan

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

Roscoe Orman as Gordon

Alaina Reed as Olivia

Caroll Spinney as Big Bird and Oscar

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS

Frank Oz as Bert, Grover, Cookie Monster, Harvey Kneeslapper, AMs

Jerry Nelson as the Count, Herry Monster, Tough Eddie, AMs

Jim Henson as Ernie, Guy Smiley, Kermit, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
My 60th outline is a Jerry Nelson showcase. Later this month, it will have been four years since Jerry's passing. See how many of his characters you can find throughout this outline. RIP Jerry, and keep on entertaining the folks up in heaven for us. I'm sure you, Jim Henson, and Richard Hunt are doing a bang-up job.

Sesame Street Old School Outline 60

Season 9: Herry Monster plays baseball/Biff and Sully build a toy box/The Count’s birthday

Sponsors: O, Y, 8

Scene 1: The cast sings a new version of “I’ve Got Two.” Featuring Bob, Olivia, Gordon, Herry Monster, Luis, and Big Bird.

Cartoon: Pinball Number Count #8

Muppets: Super Grover stops a fight between two boys

Film: A marching band forms a square

Cartoon: O is for Orange (art by Bruce Cayard)

Muppets: Sherlock Hemlock and Ernie solve the case of the half-eaten apple

Scene 2: Olivia and Luis invite Herry Monster to play baseball with the kids. Herry has never played before, but Olivia suggests that he try something new. When Luis throws the ball, Herry swings---and misses---twice, and becomes discouraged. After Luis and Olivia encourage him to “Believe in Yourself,” Herry hits the ball with all his might…and the flight of the ball causes lots of off-screen destruction. Herry: “Uh...is that a ground rule double or a home run?” (ending music plays)

Cartoon: A man tries to determine where a loud squeaking sound is coming from. It turns out to be coming from a giant’s shoes.

Muppets: Little Jerry and the Monotones perform “Telephone Rock”

Film: A boy named Ramon asks some kids if he can join their baseball game

Cast: A marooned man (David) finds a genie (Maria) in a bottle and asks for three wishes. Unfortunately, she hears his wishes for a boat as a “coat” and a “goat.” When she finally grants his wish for a boat, it ends up being a small toy boat.

Muppets: Grover shows high and low by having Heather scratch his back

Film: A letter O gets hoisted up the side of a skyscraper

Cartoon: O-Open (speech balloon)

Film: An octopus (“Pomp and Circumstance” background music)

Scene 3: Gordon and Bob notice that Biff and Sully have built a new wooden toy box for “all them young kids, monsters, and birds here on Sesame Street…ain’t that right, Sully?” Bob and Gordon help them out by putting some toys into the box, and then more. After all the toys are in the box, Biff and Sully try to close it, but they accidentally break the lid off.

Cartoon: I’ve got some…more…and the MOST hair!

Muppets: Bert demands to know who’s been eating his cookies, and suspects Ernie of eating them. The culprit turns out to be Cookie Monster, disguised in Ernie’s shirt and a black wig.

Film: African animals

Cartoon: The King of Eight (stop-motion animation by Jim Henson)

Cartoon: I’ve Got a Mind – Bouncing Ball

Muppets: The Martians find a telephone

Cartoon: A janitor sweeps up his own footprints, and as he leaves, a giant centipede makes more footprints

Muppets: The Amazing Mumford performs his subtraction trick as Grover watches

Transition: Broken glass

Scene 4: Everyone gathers on Sesame Street to prepare a surprise birthday for the Count. As the Count arrives, everyone pops out from behind Hooper’s Store counter and surprises him. Olivia brings out a cake and everyone sings “Happy Birthday” to the Count. But before anyone can start eating, the Count insists on counting all the candles on the cake, all the party hats, all the big balloons, etc.

Cartoon: The Yellow Yahoo

Muppets: Don Music writes the song “Mary Had a Bicycle,” with help from Kermit

Film: An animal auctioneer at work

Cartoon: Children and animals numbered 1-12 run a race

Muppet/Kid Moments: Cookie Monster and Genelle count to 20

Scene 5: The Count excitedly waits for the presents to be brought out. Bob has a bag of marbles, Luis gives him a jar of pebbles, and Big Bird pushes in a sandbox full of sand. Elated, the Count begins counting as everyone else leaves.

Cartoon: Typewriter Guy – Y is for Yo-Yo

Cast: David (dressed as a clown) shows the word OPEN

Cartoon: Y is for Yakety Yak

Muppets: Two elderly Anything Muppets sing the “ET” word family song (sung by Jim Henson and Jerry Nelson)

Cartoon: Penny Candy Man #8 (art by Bud Luckey)

Film: Lobster fishermen

Muppets: Ernie makes a sculpture of Bert, but runs out of clay for the nose. So he pulls off Bert’s nose and puts it on the sculpture’s face.

Cartoon: My pet Yetta (about the letter Y)

Scene 6: At night, Olivia finds the Count is still counting grains of sand in his sandbox…3,694,817 grains of sand, to be exact! Olivia tells the Count to go home and get some sleep, but the Count insists on counting every last grain of sand. But he only gets to 3,694,819 grains before he falls asleep in the sandbox. Olivia gives the Count a goodnight kiss and walks home as Big Bird quietly announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Maria. CTW sign still: Gordon.

CAST:

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

Roscoe Orman as Gordon

Alaina Reed as Olivia

Caroll Spinney as Big Bird

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS

Frank Oz as Grover, Bert, Cookie Monster, AMs

Jerry Nelson as the Count, Herry Monster, Sherlock Hemlock, Biff, the Amazing Mumford, Little Jerry, AMs

Richard Hunt as Don Music, Sully, AMs

Jim Henson as Ernie, Kermit, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
This one features a super-rare Muppet that was only seen a handful of times on Sesame Street, but was found in many books and merchandise. Outline 61 features Granny Fanny Nesselrode! Here goes...

Sesame Street Old School Outline 61

Season 7: Big Bird waits for Mr. Snuffleupagus at the bus stop/Granny Fanny Nesselrode attempts to solve problems

Sponsors: J, U, 2

Scene 1: Bob and Maria notice that Big Bird is waiting at the bus stop, and they ask him why. Big Bird explains that Mr. Snuffleupagus is coming to visit, but the adults scorn that idea. When the bus arrives, Mr. Snuffleupagus isn’t on it, and Maria repeats that Mr. Snuffleupagus is imaginary. But Big Bird isn’t discouraged, and he keeps waiting at the bus stop.

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #2

Muppets: Caveman King Ernie asks the Royal Smart Person (Sherlock Hemlock) to invent paper

Cartoon: “Why are you holding one leg up in the air, Jasper?” “Because if I hold up both of them, I’ll fall down!” (art by Cliff Roberts)

Film: Baby animals are fed milk

Cartoon: B-U-S! We’re on the bus!

Film: You need a bridge

Cartoon: Don’t jive a judge by jamming a June bug!

Muppets: Herry Monster tells Grover his alphabet secret and tells him to keep it under wraps. But Grover quickly spreads the secret to some other monsters named Fenwick, Pamela, and Rosemary.

Insert/Song: Johnny Cash sings “Nasty Dan” to Oscar the Grouch

Film: Swimming and flying pelicans

Muppets: Guy Smiley hosts “Here is Your Life” with a loaf of bread (played by Marilyn Sokol) as the guest of honor

Cartoon: The “J” Family jamboree song

Scene 2: Bob and Maria have to move some boxes from Maria’s apartment to Bob’s, but they can’t figure out the best way to do it. Granny Fanny Nesselrode, the Answer Lady, arrives and offers several impractical and nonsensical solutions. As Granny continues to babble about her ideas, Maria and Bob realize that they can ask other people to help move the boxes. So they enlist the help of David, Luis, and three kids. Granny asks what they are doing, and Maria replies that they are cooperating. Granny: “Of course you’re cooperating, dear. That’s exactly what I was trying to tell you to do all along! But you didn’t listen, did you?” Maria rolls her eyes as the ending music plays.

Film/Song: Doll House #2

Muppets: Ernie and Bert share licorice

Film/Song: Henson #2

Cartoon: Two mountain goats try to get past each other

Cartoon: Poverty U

Film: An Indian mother gives her baby a bath (music by Joe Raposo)

Scene 3: Granny Fanny meets Oscar and offers solutions to clean up his trashcan. Oscar refuses to listen, but Granny starts scrubbing his can with a giant brush, anyway. Luis and David intervene and explain that Oscar wants to keep his can dirty because he’s a Grouch. Granny accepts this, but then she decides to give Oscar a bath! The scene ends with Granny chasing Oscar with a towel and some soap.

Cartoon: A dog talks to the letter U

Muppets: Roosevelt Franklin Elementary School – Bad Luck to Be Born a Duck!

Film: Kids dancing

Cartoon: A man jumps onto an UP

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #2 (repeat)

Cast: Adding and subtracting heads (with Susan, Bob, and Maria)

Muppets: Sesame Street News Flash – Kermit the Frog’s report on Sleeping Beauty. When Prince Charming arrives and kisses her, he falls asleep next to her!

Cartoon: Numbers 1-20 in an army-style roll call

Scene 4: Bob plays “One of These Things” with Maria, David, Luis, Granny Fanny, and some kids. Granny gives the wrong answers, but the kids point out the right ones.

Cartoon: A “U” train spells the words UP, UNITE, U-TURN, UNDERGROUND, and UNIVERSE.

Film/Song: Henson #2 (repeat)

Film: The Mad Painter #2

Cartoon: A man gives away a U for free

Muppets/Song: “The Song of the Count”

Muppet/Kid Moments: Bert and John-John talk about feelings

Film/Song: “Tooth Brushing Blues” (sung by Joe Raposo)

Cartoon: Five colored lines cooperate to make a circle

Scene 5: Maria and Bob see that Big Bird is still waiting at the bus stop for Mr. Snuffleupagus. Bob: “Big Bird, for the last time, we’re telling you that there is no such thing as a Snuffleupagus!” But seconds after the adults leave, the bus pulls up and Big Bird finally greets Mr. Snuffleupagus. They leave for lunch as Granny Fanny announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Luis and a group of kids. CTW sign still: Maria, David, and Oscar.

CAST:

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Loretta Long as Susan

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:

Frank Oz as Bert, Grover, Prince Charming, AMs

Jerry Nelson as Granny Fanny Nesselrode, Mr. Snuffleupagus, the Count, Sherlock Hemlock, Herry Monster, AMs

Matt Robinson as Roosevelt Franklin (voice only)

Richard Hunt as AMs

Marilyn Sokol as AMs

Fran Brill as AMs

Jim Henson as Ernie, Kermit, Guy Smiley, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
So...many of us on this forum know about Olivia, who was played by the late Alaina Reed. We've seen and heard clips of her powerful singing performances on Sesame Street ("It Feels Good When You Sing a Song" and "One Little Star," to name a few). I thought of a song that she would have hit out of the park, even though it definitely wouldn't have made its way onto the show at any point. Read on, and enjoy some antics from the Amazing Mumford, Big Bird, Susan, Gordon, Cookie Monster, and Ernie as well.

Sesame Street Old School Outline 62

Season 8: Olivia sings/Mr. Hooper’s sale/Mumford’s flower spell backfires

Sponsors: C, P, 4

Scene 1: Gordon finds Olivia looking through a scrapbook of photographs from when they were younger. Olivia reminisces about growing up in the 1960s, when everybody sung about peace and love. In a flashback sequence, Olivia sings “Aquarius” from the musical Hair, backed by David, Bob, Luis, Maria, Gordon, and Jerry Nelson (in a rare on-screen appearance), all clad in hippie clothing. In the present, Olivia finishes belting out the song as Gordon stares at her in confusion.

Cartoon: A pair of arms holds the word LOVE

Muppets: Ernie draws Bert’s face onscreen and names each part of the face

Cartoon: P is for Painting

Film: The story of Colleen, who lives in Arizona

Cartoon: P is for Picnic

Cartoon: Country Fiddler – Four Big Lions at My Door (art by Bud Luckey)

Scene 2: Mr. Hooper asks Big Bird to make a sign that says “SALE AT MR. HOOPER’S STORE.” But Big Bird puts “LOOPER” instead of Hooper. Mr. Hooper corrects him, and then the Bird writes “DOOPER.” On the last attempt, Big Bird finally puts the “H” in front, but he’s written “MR. HOPPER” by mistake!

Film: A farmer feeds baby calves

Muppets: Old West - Sinister Sam arrives and menacingly announces that he’s looking for the biggest man in the saloon. The cowpokes bring out Big Barney, who nervously asks Sam what he wants. It turns out that Sam has a cowboy hat that doesn’t fit him and he gives it to Big Barney.

Cartoon: C is for Candle

Cast: Luis plays a deserted man who finds a coconut. He cracks it open and finds the letter C inside.

Cartoon: A bird subtracts balloons by popping them with her beak

Celebrity: Richie Havens sings “Wonder Child”

Muppet/Kid Moments: Grover and Brian demonstrate loud and soft

Scene 3: Everyone on Sesame Street gathers for the sale at Hooper’s Store. As the sale proceeds, the Count keeps a tally of everyone who buys things, and how many items are sold.

Cartoon/Song: “I Love Being a Pig”

Cartoon: Pat the Pilot

Muppets: Kermit adds five monkeys and finds himself in the middle of some “monkey business”

Film: Footage of a monkey to the tune of Gershwin’s “Your Funny Face” (sung by Joe Raposo)

Cartoon: Playing cowboys and Indians

Muppets: Ernie locks a bag of cookies in a safe to keep them away from Cookie Monster. However, when Ernie reveals his plan to the monster, Cookie outwits Ernie by eating the safe and the baked goods inside!

Cast: Charlie Chaplin (Maria) puts clothes away in the top and bottom drawers

Cartoon: Counting 20 feathers on a peacock

Muppets: Three Southern Anything Muppets sing “P is My Favorite Letter”

Scene 4: Susan has been trying to get the flowers in her flowerbox to grow, but she has had difficulty doing so. The Amazing Mumford offers to help, but his spell causes flowers to grow out of Oscar’s trashcan instead! Oscar (furiously, from inside the can): “Hey! What are these petunias doing in my can? They’re making me sick to my stomach! Get ‘em outta here! What is this sorcery?”

Film: A flower opens and closes

Scene 5: As Mr. Hooper serves a bowl of soup to Gordon, Mumford tries his magic trick again. After the smoke clears, Susan’s flowers still haven’t grown. However, there are flowers growing out of the soup bowl, to Gordon and Mr. Hooper’s shock.

Cartoon: Elephants have four legs

Scene 6: Mumford’s trick works this time, but the flowers start growing taller and taller until they reach the second story of the apartment building! After another attempt, the flowers are back to normal.

Cartoon: The jazzy triangle and the square

Muppets: The Mystery of the Four Dragons (a Japanese folk tale)

Muppet/Kid Moments: Herry Monster and Michael talk about LOVE

Cartoon: Two gorillas argue over what to watch on TV

Film: Addition and subtraction with trapeze artists

Cartoon: C – Cowboy (speech balloon)

Film/Song: Henson #4

Muppets: Ernie plays the drums and forgets to let Bert back into the apartment

Cartoon: Imagining uses for a square

Scene 7: Mumford tries to make the flowers disappear from Oscar’s trashcan as Oscar badgers the magician. Mr. Hooper announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Kermit. CTW sign still: Maria.

CAST:

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Loretta Long as Susan

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

Roscoe Orman as Gordon

Alaina Reed as Olivia

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS

Frank Oz as Bert, Cookie Monster, Grover, AMs

Jerry Nelson as the Amazing Mumford, the Count, Herry Monster, AMs

Jim Henson as Ernie, Kermit, Sinister Sam, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
It's been a while since I've posted. Here's 63!

Sesame Street Old School Outline 63

Season 6: Herry finds a kitten/Oscar’s flowers

Sponsors: B, N, 7

Scene 1: Maria greets the viewer while walking down the street, when she sees a flowerbox next to Oscar’s trashcan. To Maria’s astonishment, Oscar reveals that he’s growing flowers: “There’s something about begonias that even a Grouch can’t resist!” Maria marvels over them and notes that Oscar seems to be a different Grouch, and she asks if she can smell the flowers. Oscar obliges, but when Maria puts her face to the flowers, they all squirt water at the same time! Oscar: “Ah, the old flower trick! It never fails to work on ya! You just can’t beat the classics, can you Skinny? Heh, heh, heh.” Fuming, Maria storms off.

Cartoon: Jack and the B-Stalk

Film: Swimming and flying pelicans

Muppet/Kid Moments: Herry Monster asks John-John about up and down

Cartoon: The Alligator King #7

Scene 2: Big Bird and his friend Nora present the letters B and N. Big Bird asks Nora to think of words that start with N, and Nora replies with her name. Then he asks her what starts with B, and she replies, “Big Bird!”

Cartoon: B – Bug (speech balloon)

Cartoon: Nancy the Nanny Goat (animation by Tee Collins)

Film: George the Farmer goes up and down on ladders

Cartoon: A man hates frogs, until his swamp becomes infested with flies

Scene 3: Maria shows a flower to some kids and asks them how a flower grows.

Muppets: Ernie is at the beach when he realizes Bert’s missing. Sherlock Hemlock helps to solve the mystery. It turns out that Ernie has buried Bert under a pile of sand! As Ernie frantically digs Bert out, he ends up burying Sherlock in the process.

Cartoon: B is for Bear, Bicycle, Branch, Bump, and Bees…

Film/Song: You need a bridge!

Muppets: Guy Smiley hosts “Beat the Time,” with Cookie Monster as his contestant

Scene 4: Herry Monster finds a live kitten on the steps of 123 Sesame Street, and treats it tenderly. He realizes that he doesn’t know whom the kitten belongs to, but he decides to keep it anyway.

Cartoon: The numbers 1-20 appear in an animated box

Muppets: Three Anything Muppet children cooperate to grow a flower

Film/Song: Henson #7

Cartoon: Typewriter Guy – N is for Nose

Muppets/Celebrity: Lena Horne sings “How Do You Do?” to help Grover overcome his shyness

Film: A flower opens and closes

Cartoon: A cat looks for the telephone as it rings (art by John and Faith Hubley)

Muppets: Sesame Street News Flash – The Holiday Mix-up (the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, and the Halloween Witch are confused about their identities)

Scene 5: Herry enters Hooper’s Store and shows his kitten to Mr. Hooper. Then he asks for a glass of milk, which Mr. Hooper gets. Then Herry asks for another glass of milk…and then another one…and then a large bowl to put the milk in. Perplexed, Mr. Hooper asks if Herry can drink all that milk. Herry: “Aw, Mr. Hooper! It’s not all for me, you know. I’m getting some for my kitty, too!” Mr. Hooper smiles and the ending music plays as Herry and the kitten drink their milk together.

Film: Where does milk come from?

Muppets: The Count counts seven flowers. As it turns out, flowers make him sneeze, so he proceeds to count seven sneezes, too!

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #7

Cast: Maria builds a block tower, but accidentally knocks it over at the end

Cartoon: B is for Bongo, Beat, and Bottles

Film: The Mad Painter #7

Muppets: Ernie and Bert receive a very emotional telephone call. As the story unfolds, the roommates respond accordingly---and dramatically. Afterwards, Bert asks who called, and Ernie says, “I don’t know. It was a wrong number!”

Scene 6: Susan and Gordon find Herry playing with his kitten. Then they see a sign on the lamppost that reads “Missing kitten. Please call 212-456-7777.” Gordon and Susan show Herry the sign and explain that someone has lost their kitten, and that he should return it. Herry reluctantly agrees, but is sad that he can’t play with the kitten anymore. Susan and Gordon suggest that Herry should ask the owner if he could visit the kitten.

Cartoon: Mr. Tweak can’t sleep, because his neighbor ABOVE him snores, and the one BELOW him sneezes!

Muppets: Grover shows the difference between “above” and “below” by flying in his airplane. Unfortunately, he crash-lands at the end of his demonstration.

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #7 (repeat)

Film/Song: “Look Around (How You Grow)”

Cartoon: A boy teaches his sister about up and down by running her up and down a flight of stairs.

Muppets: An Anything Muppet boy watches as a circle around him gets bigger and smaller

Cartoon: Jazzy Alphabet (male shout chorus and quick animation)

Scene 7: Susan, Gordon, Mr. Hooper and Herry return the kitten to its rightful owner, Mr. Hunt (cameo by Richard Hunt). Herry asks if he can visit the kitten tomorrow to play with it, and Mr. Hunt gladly agrees. Maria announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Ernie and Bert. CTW sign still: Big Bird.

CAST:

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Loretta Long as Susan

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Roscoe Orman as Gordon

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS

Frank Oz as Cookie Monster, Grover, Bert, Santa Claus, AMs

Jerry Nelson as Herry Monster, the Count, Sherlock Hemlock, Halloween Witch, AMs

Richard Hunt as Mr. Hunt, the Easter Bunny, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
Here is number 64, which is written in response to @Duke Remington. A Kermit-centric outline, also featuring Cookie Monster, Luis, Maria, Ernie, Bert, Bob, and other favorites.

Sesame Street Old School Outline 64

Season 4: Kermit reports about cooperation on Sesame Street/The cast plays a game of Follow the Leader

Sponsors: E, I, 4

Scene 1: Bob and Susan play a game of Follow the Leader with Ernie, Bert, and the kids. Everyone shakes their arms, reaches for the sky, skips in place, and spins around in circles. The last thing Ernie suggests they do is rest, and everybody collapses on the ground in exhaustion.

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #4

Muppets: The Geefle and the Gonk (a story about cooperation)

Cartoon: I is for Impolite (voiceover by Gary Owens)

Film/Song: Henson #4

Cartoon: The uses of water

Cartoon: I thought a thought about small things (art by Cliff Roberts)

Muppets/Song: Grover signs “What Do I Do When I’m Alone?”

Cast: The Alphabet Dancers form a lowercase I

Cartoon: The uses of water (Spanish voiceover)

Scene 2: Luis asks Bob and Maria for help with moving boxes from the arbor area to the Fix-It Shop. Suddenly, reporter Kermit the Frog enters for a fast-breaking news story on cooperation (complete with SS News Flash music and announcer’s introduction). As the adults move the boxes, Kermit provides commentary in the style of a sports broadcaster. When everything has been moved to the Fix-It Shop, an unseen crowd cheers as Kermit signs off.

Cartoon: I is for Iron (speech balloon)

Cartoon/Song: “I in the Sky”

Film: A boy named Ramón asks a group of kids if he can join their baseball game

Muppets: A bilingual Anything Muppet girl (voiced by Sonia Manzano) presents the number 4 with “cuatro galletitas.” Cookie Monster is disappointed that she didn’t say cookies, but the girl says that “galletitas” is the Spanish word for cookies. Delighted, Cookie devours the plate of cookies and the number 4 prop next to it.

Insert: Oscar shows Gordon his new hat

Muppets/Song: Roosevelt Franklin sings about the days of the week

Cartoon: E – Egg (speech balloon)

Cartoon: E…See me eating a peach (art by John and Faith Hubley)

Film: A girl shows in, on, and under with a blanket

Cartoon: Christopher Clumsy presents a demonstration about circles

Muppets: Bert has a present for his aunt Matilda, but Ernie thinks it’s for him and tries to guess what it is, unwrapping it in the process.

Cartoon: A bear adds and subtracts fish by a lake (art by John and Faith Hubley)

Scene 3: Kermit interviews a group of kids who are helping Susan set the table for lunch outside Hooper’s Store. Jay, Trey, Ingrid, Shola, and Fannie all explain how they’re helping out. Once again, Kermit provides commentary as they work. When the table is set, Maria and Bob bring out lunch from Hooper’s Store. Everyone invites Kermit to join, and the frog happily agrees.

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #4 (repeat)

Film/Song: Three of These Things (one child is upside-down)

Muppet/Kid Moments: Herry Monster and John-John talk about up and down

Cartoon: I – Ice Cream (speech balloon)

Film: Alphabet letter sightings in the city (music by Joe Raposo)

Muppets: Harvey Kneeslapper asks a man if he can keep an eye on his hat. The man agrees, but Harvey puts a giant letter I on the hat, crushing it in the process.

Film: The Mad Painter #4

Scene 4: Luis and Maria give a demonstration of addition, using cookies. However, Cookie Monster shows up and eats the cookies one by one, turning it into a demonstration about subtraction.

Cartoon: Adding five ladybugs and five lizards

Cast: Wally and Ralph try to unroll a rug, but a chair in the way poses a problem.

Muppet/Kid Moments: Big Bird and Shola talk about big and little

Film/Song: Henson #4 (repeat)

Film: A warthog (music by Joe Raposo)

Muppets: Grover and Herbert Birdsfoot count to 20

Film/Song: “Somebody Come and Play” (by Joe Raposo)

Scene 5: Luis and Maria try to do a new demonstration using rubber balls. However, Cookie Monster eats those as well. As the adults commiserate, Kermit announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Susan and Gordon. CTW sign still: Bob.

CAST:

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Loretta Long as Susan

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

Hal Miller as Gordon

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS

Frank Oz as Bert, Cookie Monster, Grover, Harvey Kneeslapper, AMs

Jerry Nelson as Herry Monster, Herbert Birdsfoot, the Gonk, AMs

Jim Henson as Ernie, Kermit the Frog, the Geefle, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
In honor of Cookie Monster's birthday, here's an outline about...well, Cookie's birthday. Also featured: Big Bird, Snuffy, Grover, Kermit, and the main adult cast members! Plus more obscure characters like Guy Smiley and Little Jerry.

Happy birthday, Cookie! Hope that you eat as many oatmeal and chocolate chip cookies as your furry blue heart desires. :insatiable:

Sesame Street Old School Outline 65

Season 9: Big Bird and Snuffy play football/Preparing for Cookie Monster’s birthday

Sponsors: F, Y, 5

Scene 1: Luis, Biff, and Sully show some tools to the kids, and demonstrate how each tool works by making a bench. Unfortunately, when Luis sits on the bench, it breaks.

Film: George the Farmer shows empty and full

Cartoon: Several people cooperate to put a table together

Scene 2: Mr. Snuffleupagus and Big Bird play football in the bird’s nest area. However, Snuffy’s first kick sends the ball flying into the arbor area, landing on the lunch table where Maria, David, Bob, and Luis are eating. Snuffy leaves feeling disappointed that the ball is gone. Afterwards, the adults, covered with food stains, enter the nest area and ask if the football belongs to Big Bird. Big Bird: “Well, it’s not mine exactly.” Maria (firmly): “Then whose is it?” Big Bird: “Uh, it belongs to Mr. Snuffleupagus, and HE WAS JUST HERE! He really was! But I’ll give it back to him the next time I see him.” The irritated adults hand the football back to Big Bird and exit, groaning about Big Bird’s “imaginary friend.”

Cartoon: F is for football

Muppets: A little girl alerts Kermit of a fire, and Kermit yells for help. Grover offers his assistance, but he comes back dressed as a doctor and then as a farmer. When Grover finally returns as a fireman, Kermit leads him to the smoke, which is coming from the girl’s campfire.

Cartoon: Five Purple Konkers

Film: Going to the dentist (music by Joe Raposo)

Muppets: Guy Smiley hosts the Addition Game, with Herry Monster as his first contestant. Herry does well but he misses the last question about adding cars (3+1=4). When the second contestant (Mrs. Frances Oznowicz) enters, Herry brings in four cars to check his answer, completely wrecking the studio.

Film: The Mad Painter #5

Cartoon: A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter…

Scene 3: Cookie Monster arrives on Sesame Street, overjoyed because it’s his birthday and he’s going to get lots of cookies! When he mentions this to everyone, they realize that they’ve forgotten it was his birthday, but they don’t tell him that. As Cookie strolls off (“Dum de dum de dum…”), the adults scramble to prepare for his birthday celebration.

Muppets: Ernie plays a pretending game with Bert. Ernie pretends to be a dog and a duck, and then Bert pretends to be a train. Bert’s impression is so convincing that some Muppets enter and start trailing him like train cars.

Cartoon: Filbert’s Flea Circus

Film: A Chinese noodle factory

Muppet/Kid Moments: The Count asks Ingrid to count to 20 in Spanish

Cartoon: A bird and an elephant get their skins mixed up in a locker room

Scene 4: Mr. Hooper and David are rushing to make a cake inside Hooper’s Store. Cookie Monster enters and asks for some cookies. Mr. Hooper says that they’re busy making a cake for Oscar, as David quickly pulls out a jar of pickles and a can of tuna. Cookie leaves to find some cookies as the adults resume their work on Cookie’s cake.

Film/Song: “Eating” (by Joe Raposo)

Muppets: Anything Muppets cheer for the letter F (version 4)

Cartoon: Two heads think of F words

Scene 5: Cookie Monster sees Susan, Gordon, Bob, and Big Bird carrying balloons to the arbor area. Cookie asks for some cookies, and Big Bird nearly blows the surprise by saying they’re getting ready for a birthday party. But Gordon quickly says that it’s Mr. Rogers’s birthday and that they’re getting some extra balloons. Cookie Monster is confused: “Me no understand this…who this Mr. Rogers guy, anyway?”

Muppets: Kermit explains how his “What Happens Next” machine works, but none of the parts work correctly.

Scene 6: Everyone is almost ready when Bob realizes that nobody has brought any cookies for the party. Just after everyone runs into Hooper’s Store to get some cookies, Cookie Monster walks by and sees the street is deserted. Now he is very confused and sad: “Something weird going on here! Me experiencing quite the emotional roller coaster.”

Film: Trapeze artist addition and subtraction

Muppets/Song: Little Jerry and the Monotones perform “Sad”

Film: Empty/full restaurant

Cartoon: Sand Y

Scene 7: The adults bring out several plates of cookies, and everyone is ready. But then Maria sees that Cookie Monster sitting by himself. Susan goes over and asks him why he’s so sad, and he says that no one seemed to remember his birthday. As Cookie talks, everyone else sneaks up on him; and on Susan’s cue, they surprise him. Cookie is elated and the celebration begins. Mr. Hooper brings out a cake and everyone sings “Happy Birthday” to Cookie. “Me rarely get emotional in public…but this the BEST birthday surprise EVER!”

Cartoon: There’s a zoo in me!

Film: Empty/full classroom

Cartoon: Two kids wonder where some large footprints came from

Muppets: Grover’s elevator only holds five people. When the Muppets have figured out how many people there are, they enter. The only problem is, Grover can’t ride in the elevator because that would make six people.

Film: Empty/full playground

Cartoon: Typewriter Guy – Y is for Yo-Yo

Muppets: Ernie, Bert, and Shola show addition by adding fingers

Film: Empty/full subway

Cartoon: The Yellow Yahoo

Celebrity: Bill Cosby and his twin recite the alphabet

Scene 8: Cookie Monster opens up his gifts, and as expected, each gift is a box of cookies. Bob and Luis give him two cartons of oatmeal cookies, David and Maria each give him a box of Fig Newtons, and Gordon and Susan have a jar full of chocolate chip cookies. Big Bird says he couldn’t find any cookies, so he brought him some carrots instead. But that doesn’t stop Cookie from eating those, too. As Cookie Monster gobbles up everything (including a slice of cake and a few plates), Mr. Snuffleupagus announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Susan. CTW sign still: Gordon.

CAST:

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Loretta Long as Susan

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

Roscoe Orman as Gordon

Caroll Spinney as Big Bird

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS

Frank Oz as Cookie Monster, Grover, Bert, AMs

Jerry Nelson as Mr. Snuffleupagus, Herry Monster, the Count, Biff, Little Jerry, AMs

Richard Hunt as Sully, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
66!

Sesame Street Old School Outline 66

Season 6: Oscar tries to bother as many people as he can while the Count counts each person/Big Bird and Sam the Robot try to find out who’s taller

Sponsors: S, T, 9

Scene 1: Luis greets the viewer and overhears an argument. Big Bird and Sam the Robot are fighting over who is taller. Luis helps resolve the argument by standing on a chair and measuring their heights with a measuring tape. Luis says that Big Bird is the tallest, but Big Bird and Sam correct him: “No, Luis! You’re the tallest one now!”

Cartoon/Song: “That’s About the Size of It” (art by Bud Luckey)

Film: George the Farmer shows up and down by walking on a ladder

Muppets: Ernie has put up dozens of balloons and streamers in the apartment. Bert thinks that it’s for somebody’s birthday, but Ernie tells him that someone special is visiting, and he points Bert to the camera. Bert sees the viewer and remarks, “I sure am glad it’s you. This certainly is a special day!”

Cartoon: S is for Snow, Santa, and Sleigh

Film/Song: “Touch and Feel” (by Joe Raposo)

Cartoon: S – Snake (a snake charmer plays softly, but the snake plays jazz)

Muppets: A trio of Muppet monsters shows big, bigger, and biggest (the smallest one grows larger and larger, scaring the others away)

Cartoon: S – Serpiente (Spanish version)

Scene 2: Oscar is looking for people to bother. He finds the Count and tells him to scram. But the Count refuses because he is looking for things to count. When Oscar tells him to scram so that he can bother people, the Count decides to count every person that Oscar bothers.

Muppets: Kermit gives lecture on short and tall with two Snerfs (Sam and Harry), but the sneaky creatures keep changing their height and upsetting Kermit.

Cartoon: T is for Trumpet, Twine, Trash, and Ticket

Muppets: Kermit gives a new lecture about big and small with two monsters (Frank and Harold). Splurge shows up at the end and frightens Kermit.

Scene 3: Oscar pulls out a rusty old trumpet and begins playing it loudly. Luis, Maria, and Mr. Hooper yell at Oscar to stop making noise. As each person comes out, the Count counts each one gleefully.

Cartoon: A magician tries to pull a rabbit out of his hat, but the numbers 1-20 emerge instead…along with a large rabbit with a deep voice.

Film: Butterflies (music by Joe Raposo)

Scene 4: Oscar asks David to help him look for people to bother. Although he suspects it’s a trick, David reluctantly agrees and follows Oscar’s instructions to look all over Sesame Street. In a sped-up video, David runs all over the street looking for people, but no one is around. An exhausted and irritated David reports that he hasn’t found anyone, but Oscar has found someone who’s bothered: it’s David! As David storms off, Oscar asks for the tally and the Count cries, “That’s FOUR! Four bothered people! Ah, ah, ah.”

Cartoon: T is for Television

Cartoon: What if my best friend was a gorilla?

Muppets/Song: Chris and the Alphabeats sing “Count It Higher”

Cartoon: What if my hair was made of grass?

Film: The Mad Painter #9

Muppets/Song: Grover sings, “I Whistle a Happy Tune” while walking through a scary forest. He sees a monster and panics, but it’s only Cookie Monster. They sing the rest of the song together until they meet a little boy, whom they run from in fear.

Cartoon: T is for Train (speech balloon)

Scene 5: The Count wants to find more bothered people to count, but Oscar insists that their work is done. The Count argues with Oscar, until they both realize they’re feeling bothered. The Count counts himself and Oscar, making six people! He happily thanks Oscar, who becomes even more bothered as a result.

Muppets: Ernie discovers that his ice cube collection has disappeared. Bert explains that ice melts into water if it’s not kept frozen, but Ernie believes that a fish came up out of the water and stole his ice. Ernie exits, vowing to tear the fish from fin to fin.

Cartoon: The Old Woman Who Lived in a Nine

Film: Building a log cabin

Muppets: Lefty recites the alphabet to his mob boss

Cartoon: Superman talks about the letter S

Celebrity: Helen Reddy sings “Grow”

Film: Swinging gibbons (music by Joe Raposo)

Muppets: Cookie Monster shares his cookie with a sad-eyed Anything Muppet girl

Cartoon/Song: Martian Beauty #9 (art by Bud Luckey)

Scene 6: Luis, Maria, David, and the kids play a sorting game with three fruits (a pear, an apple, and a peach) and a 12-inch ruler. The kids guess that the ruler doesn’t belong because it’s not a fruit.

Muppet/Kid Moments: Grover and Debo talk about the letter S

Cartoon: A man demonstrates up and down

Film: Things you can carry

Muppets/Song: “Sammy the Snake”

Cartoon: A man teaches his dog to read the word “SIT”

Scene 7: Luis measures the heights of some kids as Big Bird announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Mr. Hooper. CTW sign still: Grover and Cookie Monster.

CAST:

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Sonia Manzano as Maria

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS

Frank Oz as Bert, Cookie Monster, Grover, Lefty, AMs

Jerry Nelson as the Count, Sam the Robot, Sammy the Snake, AMs

Christopher Cerf as Chris (voice only)

cjd874

Reaction score
67 is here!

Sesame Street Old School Outline 67

Season 5: Tough Eddie threatens Big Bird/Oscar talks about letters

Sponsors: G, I, 3

Scene 1: Big Bird welcomes the viewer and heads to Hooper’s Store to have lunch with the adults. As Tough Eddie walks by, he accidentally steps on Big Bird’s toes. Big Bird tries to confront him, but Tough Eddie says, “If I see you again, you’re gonna get it!” As Tough Eddie stalks off, Big Bird reveals how scared he is of Tough Eddie and decides to hide.

Cartoon: Batman and Robin learn how to cross the street safely

Muppets/Song: Grover and George sings “Two G Sounds”

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #3

Film: An octopus (background music: “Pomp and Circumstance”)

Muppets: Ernie has eaten a slice of Bert’s chocolate cake, but he doesn’t want Bert to know. When Bert demands an explanation, Ernie tells Bert that a monster ate the slice of cake, but Bert doesn’t believe it. As soon as Bert leaves, a monster shows up, eats the other slice of cake, and frames Ernie. When Bert returns, he notices the other slice is gone and walks away saying, “I don’t want to talk about it.” Ernie cries.

Scene 2: David, Mr. Hooper, Bob, and Maria are waiting for Big Bird at Hooper’s Store, but he doesn’t show up. They decide to check his nest area.

Cartoon: A girl says that she’s not scared of anything…until her sister scares her with a monster mask

Muppets: Two Anything Muppets explore a haunted house. The boy (Walter) is afraid of all the strange sounds, but the girl (Prairie Dawn) is not. However, she is frightened by a mouse and runs away.

Cartoon/Song: “We All Live in a Capital I”

Celebrity: Carol Burnett counts to 20 in an emotional way

Film/Song: Henson #3

Scene 3: The adults knock on Big Bird’s door, asking him to come out. Big Bird tells them what happened with Tough Eddie, and that he’s afraid of him. The adults suggest that Big Bird should talk to Tough Eddie. Big Bird refuses at first, but when the adults promise to help him, he comes out and agrees to talk with Tough Eddie.

Cartoon: Alice Braithwaite Goodyshoes and the letter G

Film: Sliding puzzle pieces form a picture of a truck

Cartoon: G is for Goat

Muppets: Sesame Street News Flash – Kermit interviews one of the Three Little Pigs, who built his house out of straw. The Big Bad Wolf tries to blow it down, but the house stays put. Meanwhile, everything else (including Kermit) gets blown away.

Cartoon: A gorilla that knows G words applies for a job

Scene 4: The adults wait with Big Bird outside his nest. Once Tough Eddie walks by, the adults call him over and ask him to talk to Big Bird about what he said. Tough Eddie reveals that when he said, “If I see you again, you’re gonna get it,” he meant that Big Bird was going to get a hug. He gives Big Bird a hug and apologizes for stepping on his toes. Maria tells Tough Eddie that he was right to apologize, but he shouldn’t say things that could be mistaken by others. Tough Eddie vows to be kinder, and everyone goes to Hooper’s Store for lunch.

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #3 (repeat)

Film: The Alphabet Dancers make a letter I

Cartoon: A bully won’t give a boy his baseball, until the boy calls for his dog

Muppets: Guy Smiley hosts the Remembering Game, with Cookie Monster and Bill Smith as his contestants

Cartoon: A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter…

Film/Song: “Fireman, He’s Ready to Go”

Muppet/Kid Moments: Herry Monster shows “front and back” with three kids. He points out that the viewer can see the fronts of the kids, and then after scaring them, we see their backs as they run away.

Film: George the Farmer shows over and under

Muppets: Bert tells Ernie not to eat cookies in bed because he’ll get crumbs in his sheet and pajamas, he’ll itch, and then he won’t be able to sleep. Ernie decides to eat cookies in Bert’s bed.

Cartoon: I is for Iron

Film: African animals

Scene 5: Oscar talks about why he loves the letter G, naming the words grumpy, gruff, garbage, and grouch. Maria and David name their favorite G words such as gentle, glad, and games. When Maria and David mention giggles, they start giggling uncontrollably. Oscar disappears into his can, saying: “Good grief! I better go!”

Muppets: Roosevelt Franklin Elementary School – Baby Breeze’s lesson on crossing the street safely

Film/Song: Henson #3 (repeat)

Cartoon: G is for Giggle (voice by Allen Swift)

Muppets: Herbert Birdsfoot explains over and under with Grover

Film: The Mad Painter #3

Cartoon/Song: It’s springtime

Scene 6: Oscar talks about why he loves the letter I, naming the words icky, impossible, impatient, and irritate. Bob and Mr. Hooper name their favorite I words such as innocent, intelligent, incredible, and ice cream. Just then, the ice cream truck pulls up and everyone gathers to buy some ice cream. Oscar sinks into his can as Big Bird announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Luis and a group of kids. CTW sign still: Bob.

CAST:

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS

Frank Oz as Bert, Grover, Cookie Monster, AMs

Jerry Nelson as Tough Eddie, Herry Monster, Herbert Birdsfoot, Bill Smith, AMs

Fran Brill as Prairie Dawn