Sesame Street Season 46 Episode 4608 - When Dinosaurs Walked Sesame Street

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Actually I have been wondering about Baby Bear's screen time only one cameo this season?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Not really much a plot to this one, but it was nice to see more Muppets on the street than previous episodes. It's great that characters like Prairie, Snuffy(!) and Big Bird got their own songs, but it's too bad Bert and Ernie were just silent cameos. Nice job recasting a staple of the show you don't really use on the show anymore, SW!
Yeah. It would have been nice if they had given Billy's Ernie a chance to shine in that one, but hopefully we'll see more of B&E this season. Actually, some of us may already have since I'm just catching up on season 46 now. Lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That episode was certainly cute. The Dinosaur costumes were certainly well done, and I loved Grover's "spitter" outfit. Also great to see him in a waiter role again. Perhaps a Flintstones reference in the giant dinosaur burger? Nice to see Prairie get a song, and Stephanie sounding close to Fran's singing voice for the character.

Luke kun

Reaction score
Holy crackerbarrel, the Jurassic Cookie segment makes me laugh big time. I think it's something to do with characters running at the screen and something is behind them chasing them, I'm pretty sure I realized those kinds of things make me laugh when I watched the SMG4 video "Who Let the Chomp Out?". Also something about the word "zillion" in this sketch makes me laugh.

such as all the disco songs they did in the 70s, or the totally tubular songs of the 80s, or even how they did MTV-esque songs in the 90s.
Disco Frog, Wet Paint, and The Word is No are all examples of that kind of crap.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
So, When Dinosaurs Walked Sesame Street (apologies for adding an "on" in my last review). I know kids like dinosaurs, because at my local library, I saw a poster saying you know more about dinosaurs at age 4 than as a paleontology major. Not to mention all the other works for children taking place in prehistory. Naturally, this would be a good theme for a Sesame Street episode. But is this episode worthy of being displayed in a science museum, or should I just have it get hit by an asteroid? Let's find out.

So the cold open features Elmo setting up today's theme of dinosaurs by getting the audience to roar. I'll just say I didn't and leave it at that.

Now onto the street story, where it looked like the costume designers had a field day, as they had to make everyone (except for BB and Elmo, who's a paleontologist) a dinosaur costume (heck, considering the Dress Up Club and Halloween episodes I'll get to later, this whole season was likely a field day for them). As I said, Elmo is a paleontologist, and has a book about dinosaurs that's title is just the episode's title. There's also a running gag where the characters start running whenever someone says the book/episode's title. Anyway the conflict (if you can even call it that) is that Big Bird can't find his dinosaur costume, and therefore can't join in on the fun. After that, we get a song about dinosaurs being big and small, in a duet between Prairie Dawn and Snuffy. I just wanna say again how much I love Stephanie's Prairie, and apparently she sings great too. After that, we get a bit where they play "Feed the Dinosaur" (which I saw on Unnecessary Censorship where they censored the word "Feed" to make it sound like ****). I'll get more to swearing SST Muppets when I review Picture This, but for now, let's get back on track. So first, I like that they pronounce "herbivore" without the silent H, because I do that too (not just there, but also in "herbs"). Second, I like that they used Grover as the dinosaur waiter, obviously because it's Grover as a waiter, you can't go wrong. After that ends, the book says that birds are dinosaurs' great-great-great-great-great grandchildren of feathered dinosaurs. That's actually a very dumbed down version of the truth. Trust me, before I left school because of the virus, we were learning about evolution. And then they all sing because it's the end of the street story.

Now for the letter of the day, which is D. For this, we get a cartoon about dinosaurs going to a diner for food. I really like this one. It's well animated, and this is an actual letter segment, no quotation marks! (If you're not a frequent reader of mine, if I say we get a "letter" segment, it's a segment that says "letter is for topic" and only talks about the latter. Without the quotes, it talks about both and is usually better than "letter" segments.)

But enough about that, it's time for Cookie's Crumby Pictures. And today, they present Jurassic Cookie. Oh my frog, this one is hilarious. Probably even moreso than the Twilight parody I recently discussed. Anyway, Cookie discovers a piece of a cookie in a zillion-year old rock, decides to turn it into a cookie dinosaur, and plans to use for a theme park. However, when he brings his grandkids to it, the cookie begins to chase them. I love how when he asks if the cookie is chasing them, the grandson just casually says "Yep." And I love Cookie's reaction when they get to safety:
:insatiable:: First time cookie ever try to eat ME!
So they get cornered by the cookie dinosaur in what appears to be a lab, and see a sign saying if this happens, just H. It's ambiguous what happened to the rest of the letters, but we find out the word after Cookie tries to stop the cookie by hulaing and giving it a halibut, both of which got me a laugh, almost as much as him saying this right afterward:
:insatiable:: What the H word? WHAT THE H WORD?
I hope whoever wrote that line is as proud of it as I am.
Anyway, they figure out the missing word it "hug" and they go hug the dinosaur to get him to stop. However, Cookie smells that it's made of gingerbread, and tries to eat it. I loved this one, and it'll definitely help its rating.

Now for the number of the day, 15. For this, we get nothing. Get used to this by the way, it's a recurring trend throughout the entire HBO era, but this season and seasons 49 and 50 are especially guilty.

Onto Elmo's World, which is of course the dinosaur episode form season 35, but once again badly cropped. I never thought I'd say this, but considering how bad these edits are, thank God for the EW reboot next season. Anyway, it's pretty much the standard bad EW edit for HBO, except for one little thing... For some inexplicable reason, in the cartoon, THE CHARCATERS START TWERKING! I mean, I know this was made in 2003 or so, but jeez! I pretty much quit the episode after that, even though I still had a few minutes left BUT I DIDN'T CARE! Like Jurassic Cookie, this'll affect the rating, just more negatively.

All in all, this episode is a mixed bag. You got some really good stuff, some really bad stuff, and some really OK stuff. I was thinking for a while about what I should give this, but I ultimately decided on a 6/10 (Wow, that's actually a very common score in my reviews. I hope that improves). See you next time, when I'll review "What I Love About Art".