Where are the older humans?

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
It would've been nice if they gave Bob, Luis, and Gordon a proper send-off on the show. Not an episode where they leave, but maybe an episode about them or something. Oh well.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This is sad news. I am surprised that Loretta Long hasn't been specifically mentioned here, as she seems to have been making significantly less appearances since around season 30. I would have thought she'd be let go before Gordon, who I feel has been on the show a lot. Of course, I guess I haven't been watching the recent seasons that often, as I'm always surprised when I see it pointed out that a lot of the cast hasn't done much in years.

It would be great if they'd do a TV special or DVD release honoring the best of the humans. Maybe a screening would be most likely (or one of those "collections" Sesame Workshop does on YouTube).

I wonder if Sesame Workshop will make an official press release about this. It seems like we only know this because a couple of the cast members in question just recently confirmed it. Has Sesame Workshop put out official press releases announcing certain cast members would be gone before?

DePingPong

Reaction score
This is sad news. I am surprised that Loretta Long hasn't been specifically mentioned here, as she seems to have been making significantly less appearances since around season 30. I would have thought she'd be let go before Gordon, who I feel has been on the show a lot. Of course, I guess I haven't been watching the recent seasons that often, as I'm always surprised when I see it pointed out that a lot of the cast hasn't done much in years.

It would be great if they'd do a TV special or DVD release honoring the best of the humans. Maybe a screening would be most likely (or one of those "collections" Sesame Workshop does on YouTube).

I wonder if Sesame Workshop will make an official press release about this. It seems like we only know this because a couple of the cast members in question just recently confirmed it. Has Sesame Workshop put out official press releases announcing certain cast members would be gone before?
On Facebook, the SST page said this;
"Bob McGrath, Emilio Delgado (“Luis") and Roscoe Orman (“Gordon") remain a beloved part of the Sesame family and continue to represent us at public events. To us, and for millions of people worldwide, they are a treasured part of Sesame Street. Since the show began, we are constantly evolving our content and curriculum, and hence, our characters, to meet the educational needs of children. As a result of this, our cast has changed over the years, though you can still expect to see many of them in upcoming productions. As we’ve stated previously, Sesame Workshop retains sole creative control over the show. HBO does not oversee the production."

Probably the closest we'll get to a press release.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
though you can still expect to see many of them in upcoming productions.
I wonder what that means. Will we continue to see them on specials? Viral videos? Does it mean they filmed something for season 47 before they left?
"Bob McGrath, Emilio Delgado (“Luis") and Roscoe Orman (“Gordon") remain a beloved part of the Sesame family and continue to represent us at public events.
And still no mention of Gina or Susan.

DePingPong

Reaction score
I wonder what that means. Will we continue to see them on specials? Viral videos? Does it mean they filmed something for season 47 before they left?

And still no mention of Gina or Susan.
I know that they still represent Sesame Street at conventions and such, they still have the Humans of Sesame Street thing going on, I think,

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Seeing what a sore subject this is, I'm going to try to avoid reading any news about it. I really don't want to read the same thing over and over unless there's new information.

Katzi428

Reaction score
"Let go" is just a nicer way of saying "fired"
Ooohhh...this makes me :mad:! ( BTW,who's Suki? ) I know that there's now a new girl there named Nina. Let's see how long she lasts. :rolleyes: From what I read on FB they're keeping Loretta (Susan) but Bob has been there just as long! What der hey?? :confused:

DePingPong

Reaction score
"Let go" is just a nicer way of saying "fired"
Ooohhh...this makes me :mad:! ( BTW,who's Suki? ) I know that there's now a new girl there named Nina. Let's see how long she lasts. :rolleyes: From what I read on FB they're keeping Loretta (Susan) but Bob has been there just as long! What der hey?? :confused:
Suki is Nina.