Humans and Muppets with good chemistry

Snuffylover

Reaction score
Telly and Uncle Wally seemed to have made a really good team and had good chemistry between them. They were paired up a lot together. I wonder if Marty Robbinson and the actor who played Uncle Wally were good friends off the set.

Chris and Elmo seem to have good chemistry between them as well.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Gordon and Snuffy (1985-present) for some reason, I always thought they worked very well together and made a really good team. I remember an episode from 1985, during the first week the adults knew Snuffy, and Gordon went to Snuffy's cave for a sleep over, and Gordon was reluctant about it the whole time, but it was hilarious to see his reactions to the caveandthe big Snuffleupagus materials.
I wonder if that might be the episode where "The Snufflelullaby" originated.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Wow, no one's gonna mention when Kermit was sick and slept on Susan's windowsill? Or how about Oscar with the whole cast? He got Susan, Gordan, Bob and Hoots to start an arguement.

David also seemed to have great chemestry with all the muppets. Ruth did as well, but that comes with the experiance she worked with the Muppet Show before hand. Can't forget about the guest stars either. Except one...Joe Persci. He beat up Benny Rabbit and... erm...Called him a very bad name. Then spat on Elmo.

HootsytheOwl

Reaction score
Human interaction on Sesame Street

Hello everybodeeeeee!:super:

Wow, Lamango....I didn't know he beat Benny up and spat on Elmo. Not cool. I don't really like Elmo a lot after he stopped being a background character, but I wouldn't spit on him.

I think a fun actor to pair up with Oscar is Danny Devito. I really enjoyed his "Art Critic" sketch ( Heh, heh, HEH!" ) and the one about the Grouch Bus Stop.

I also liked when Buffy Ste. Marie would interact with Big Bird. She was so loving to him, like another mom.

Your dear friend,
Kitt

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, I've seen the Big Bird/Buffy chemistry on You Tube. I guess he referred to her as his best friend as well as Snuffy. (He must have an interest in making friends with 'Uffy' in their names.) I also hear that she actually believed Big Bird when he told her about Snuffy.

Snuffylover

Reaction score
Wow, I never knew Buffy believed Big Bird about Snuffy. It's too bad she never got to meet him. Imagine seeing her in that episode when all the other adults met Snuffy. She could have been the only one without a freaked out look on her face.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Bumping this old thread.

It seems like in the early 90s, they paired Telly with Gina a lot. I think on "Sesame Street Stays Up Late" Telly might've even referred to Gina as his best friend. But in the late 90s, Gina seemed to be paired with Zoe more often. Looking at some of the episodes from season 30 and 31, it looks like Gina may have been Zoe's babysitter.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I remember in the Caroll Spinney Story that Emilio Delgado said he actually stormed into the control room to reprimand Jon Stone for lashing out at Caroll Spinney simply for flubbing a line, which escalated into a heated dispute, adding that, "Luis is very protective of Big Bird." Unfortunately, I can't really think of too many occasions off the top of my head where Big Bird had any big moments with Luis, but it's a nice thought that Luis would have sort of a paternal instinct towards Big Bird.

I do remember Luis took on certain responsibilities during the hurricane to help Big Bird, such as putting the construction doors back up and reconnecting his telephone. Also, I've made the observation that, like Snuffy, Luis tends to call him just "Bird" on some occasions.

Alan seems to have really good chemistry with many of the Muppets as well, which is one of the reasons why I've really enjoyed him as a castmember since they introduced him in 1998. I remember reading in the 40 Years book that his screen test included consoling Big Bird and helping him find his missing Radar, and that it went really well.

I remember a few occasions where Gordon would become easily flustered with Ernie much like Bert, such as an occasion where Ernie asked Gordon to ducky sit for Rubber Ducky, or when Ernie was sleeping over in Big Bird's nest, and Ernie kept calling out to him throughout the night.

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I can't really think of too many occasions off the top of my head where Big Bird had any big moments with Luis, but it's a nice thought that Luis would have sort of a paternal instinct towards Big Bird.
Well, there's this right here.

DePingPong

Reaction score
I agree with Snuffylover, Elmo and Chris have great chemistry. It's part of what made the Elmo the Grouch episode from season 45 really good.

I feel like Chris has good chemistry with any of the muppets but it shines the most with Elmo.