Sesame Street Season 46 Episode 4629 - Dress-Up Me Club

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4629 - Dress-Up Me Club
HBO Premiere: Saturday July 23, 2016
PBS Premiere: Monday October 24, 2016

Prairie Dawn learns that it doesn't matter if you're a boy or girl, anyone can dress-up and play any way they want. Also featuring Cookie Monster's Smart Cookies ("Long Arm of the Bear Claw") and Elmo's World ("Getting Dressed"). Brought to you by the letter D and the number 15.

This episode features an all-new street story.

If you saw "Dress-Up Me Club", let others know. Please like this post and share your thoughts.

Last edited:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
A pretty mediocre episode, no Jen's Zoe, a bunch of reused inserts, but we got to see Gordon.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The cold open was nice. I liked that it had 2 regular characters. I hope they do that more often. Gordon appearing at the beginning surprised me. The street story overall was pretty good. It's nice to see Prairie in the spotlight. The new Smart Cookies was funny. I liked this exchange: Cookie Monster: One of us can stop bear claw. Figby: Well, we already know it's not you, big surprise.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Nice street story overall tackling a very important issue (Super Grover: "I am the total package!"), though it takes a little suspension of disbelief that Prairie's usual uptightness transcends into that kind of stereotyping.

And my lord, could that narrator in the "D" film have been any more d-d-dull?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It was interesting to get to see Stephanie's Prairie in action - she so far was able to really get Prairie's mannerisms spot-on for the most part; her prissiness and need to be Polly Perfect were really played up, and it seemed like a natural little kid scenario that she'd wig out over Abby and Rosita wanting to play supposedly boy dress-up, while Grover and Cookie wanted to play supposedly girl dress up - admittedly, seeing Cookie Monster in a ballerina dress was hilarious, as was Grover's enthusiam for a tea party, since he has tea parties with his mommy all the time.

I'll agree with the sentiment of others that the cameo by Gordon was a pleasant surprise: I'm still convinced that the alleged departure of the other older cast members won't be evident till next season; I mean, Bob McGrath, Roscoe Orman, Dr. Loretta Long, Alison Bartlett-O'Reilly, and Emilio Delgado are all listed as castmembers this season.

This was also perhaps the funniest Smart Cookies yet, I really enjoyed both the action and dialogue in this one; would have been awesome to see this one in full Creature Shop puppetry if they had the budget for it.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I was able to catch up with the rest of the season last week via free trial. This week I decided to watch the show through... er, illegal means. It wasn't a great episode but glad Prairie Dawn finally got a street story after nine years.

I'm not sure if i'm excited or really sad that Gordon was in this episode. I didn't think I cared all that much about the older cast members leaving, but seeing Gordon for what could be the last time was actually a little emotional. :cry: This season is the end of an era for so many reasons, guys.

Last edited:

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
I have to say, it was very nice seeing Gordon make a cameo at the beginning of the episode. But I can sort of see why they're gonna do away with him and the others next year. I mean Elmo lives in the 123 building now on the first floor and therefore Gordon wouldn't have much of a purpose on the show anymore. I mean what's he supposed to do?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I have to say, it was very nice seeing Gordon make a cameo at the beginning of the episode. But I can sort of see why they're gonna do away with him and the others next year. I mean Elmo lives in the 123 building now on the first floor and therefore Gordon wouldn't have much of a purpose on the show anymore. I mean what's he supposed to do?
Well, I mean, you make it sound as if Gordon's only purpose on the show is to live in the 123 building.

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
well it's just that was his residence for 45 years. I'm sorry for getting so upset. I think the main problem here is they gave the residence to Elmo and never should have. He was already a huge enough presence on the show without having the place he lived right there in front of our eyes.