Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Evidently YouTube changed the Watch History limit again: this time, you're only allowed to have thirty-three videos in your Watch History at a time . . . which seems like an unusually odd and random number.

But it's funny: I noticed I started this thread back in 2010 . . . so that's been six years straight now of YouTube doing nothing but ticking us off with their Scrappy Mechanics.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Evidently YouTube changed the Watch History limit again: this time, you're only allowed to have thirty-three videos in your Watch History at a time . . . which seems like an unusually odd and random number.
That's odd, I don't seem to have that problem, I definitely have at least a month's worth of videos in my history.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And now they just changed it again, this time down to twenty-nine.

Schfifty

Reaction score
I just want to know if they ever pay attention to the tags feature anymore, because it's still there. It's been basically retired for what, three years now?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think they do, but only for partner channels. Because it seems that only partner channels still have their videos searchable by tags, whereas the rest of us don't. I mean, honestly, YouTube really only caters to partner channels, that's really no secret. Like I said a few posts back, most of my videos aren't even showing up in search results at all anymore: you search for "Steve D'Monster," and like barely half of the first page of results actually has any results for them, the rest of the results are videos that happen to have either "Steve" and "Monster" in their titles or descriptions.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And they just changed the limit again to twenty-six. This is one of the most annoying things YouTube keeps doing to us, why can't they just leave the limit alone? Or, better yet, why even have a limit on videos we have in our Watch Histories anyway? What sense does that even make? Then again, why limit how many videos we can have in any playlist? Favorites has the 650 limit, I think other created playlists have a limit of 100, why impose limits on users?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Is the Watch History even that important? I never use it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well I do, it's a convenient way to go back to certain videos I'm currently watching, or videos I'm binge-watching, without having to browse through search results, channels, or other playlists to access them again.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I am absolutely, completely, positively, and totally P!$$3D OFF! The one thing I was avoiding for months is now has become unavoidable: I had to finally make the permanent switch to Firefox, I had no other choice. YouTube has completely disabled the older player in Compatibility View, and of course they intentionally left certain playback settings off the new player in IE (all but 360 and 720p). Because YouTube is such a significant site that I use regularly everyday, I had to finally switch to Firefox.

And I hate it.

Text and fonts look weird, the address bar holds less addresses, typing an address in the address bar shows results for every single fricken page I've visited within the site, browser history is a joke, and there's the tabbed browsing - I hate tabbed browsing.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I am absolutely, completely, positively, and totally P!$$3D OFF! The one thing I was avoiding for months is now has become unavoidable: I had to finally make the permanent switch to Firefox, I had no other choice. YouTube has completely disabled the older player in Compatibility View, and of course they intentionally left certain playback settings off the new player in IE (all but 360 and 720p). Because YouTube is such a significant site that I use regularly everyday, I had to finally switch to Firefox.

And I hate it.

Text and fonts look weird, the address bar holds less addresses, typing an address in the address bar shows results for every single fricken page I've visited within the site, and there's the tabbed browsing - I hate tabbed browsing.
Try using Google Chrome if you don't like Firefox. Or Opera.