The Muppet Mindset

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The Muppet Mindset wants fans to send in favorite TMS moments for a special "top 40 Muppet Show moments" article.

https://muppetmindset.wordpress.com/2016/09/13/we-want-your-favorite-muppet-show-moments/

I already did my own "top 40 Muppet Show songs and sketches" article a few years ago, and yet when I clicked on the tag my article doesn't show up. I'm trying to decide if I should list one of the ones I listed or one that didn't make my list (there's a few I've been leaning towards).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I am a bit worried. In the last half of last year, I have sent quite a few articles that have not appeared on the site. Not sure if Jarrod didn't get them or if they were rejected (I don't think any were "out there" in comparison to other articles I've done). Now some of my articles I sent in during that time have been published at The Muppet Mindset. In past years, whether the site was run by Ryan or Jarrod, I occasionally sent in articles that didn't get published, but that was on a more occasional basis. Around the start of last summer, I sent in three articles in a row that didn't get published (I was pleasantly surprised when I saw one of my contributions to fan week made it), and my last few articles have not appeared on the site.

I don't know if Jarod reads posts here or not (I could e-mail him about it, but if he just didn't get the e-mails, then that one might go unanswered).

Then again, I feel like there's been something different about the Mindset in the past year that I can't quite pinpoint. It seems like there's been less articles about past productions in recent years, even though the Mindset recently started it's "Appreciation" series about past productions (so far there's only been one, but that came last month, I'm sure there'll be more in the future), and obviously the weekly top ten lists heavily feature songs from the past (especially now when the top ten lists focus on individual years). The Weekly Muppet Wednesdays ended earlier last year, and there were only a few Muppet Retro Reviews last year (three of my unpublished articles were Retro Reviews). There was recently an article about Dr. Strangepork, but that came out around the time of the recent Pigs in Space videos, making it feel more like a tie-in to a recent production.

I have questioned whether I should have been posting this here, and I'm unsure if I should ask on The Muppet Mindset Facebook or Twitter pages. Hopefully I can get a new article on the site soon.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As I've said before, there's been times in the past where I've submitted articles to the Mindset and they haven't been used. I don't know, I suppose it's possible with the amount of submissions they receive that some fall by the wayside and get lost in the shuffle.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I've kinda lost interest in the Mindset. Fine idea for a site and they've done some great stuff, but ToughPigs is much more readable because they have an attitude that makes their stuff far more entertaining to read, even after more than a decade and being written by the same few people.

With no real Muppet stuff going on, they kind of seem to be grasping at straws for material. Posts about lists are all well and good, but it seems more often than not that's what the Mindset has to offer. I am glad that they stopped that whole "one post a day" business so they can actually be timely with news-related posts.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
As I've said before, there's been times in the past where I've submitted articles to the Mindset and they haven't been used. I don't know, I suppose it's possible with the amount of submissions they receive that some fall by the wayside and get lost in the shuffle.
I remember you saying that a few times.

I am glad that they stopped that whole "one post a day" business so they can actually be timely with news-related posts.
And yet it seems since then that there have been more days when there's been no new posts than there have days of multiple posts (I actually forgot that they switched to a new format that allows it). Seems there's been quite a few weeks recently (and not just the first week of the new year, when the Mindset pretty much took a week-long break) when there's barely been any new content besides the top ten list.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Last week the Mindset posted its annual article asking for contributors. I decided to use that opportunity to ask in a Facebook comment that I had sent a lot of articles last year that have not been put on the website. Instead of an answer (whether it's a reply that the Mindset didn't get my e-mails or that the articles don't fit the website - and it is said that the website has the right to reject any articles), my comment was deleted (somehow I had a feeling this would happen, even considered taking a picture of my comment but didn't).

I don't really want to stop writing articles for the Mindset, and don't really want to start my own blog*. Occasionally I have wondered if I should start a thread for Muppet Mindset articles that haven't been published (not sure how long the criteria should be before it's clear it won't be published). Heck, a few years ago, when Ryan was still running the site, I wondered if it'd be good to post a "directors cut" thread for some of the articles I sent that were heavily edited (though most of those were for the best).

*Though that would be interesting. Danny Horn started Tough Pigs because he didn't like how his articles were edited (after giving up Muppetzine because he felt Muppet Central - and other aspects of the internet - made it uneccessary), and Ryan Dosier started The Muppet Mindset because Muppet Central hadn't been publishing articles/updates outside of the forum for a long time. And both websites eventually got new people running them - if somebody started a new blog because The Muppet Midnset wasn't publishing their articles, should they also consider getting somebody to eventually take over?